It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: High school shooter active in Washington state, Shots fired.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I have been watching this live here and it appears that 3 shot, one in head?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

I'm reading six shots fired total. Gunman shot himself in the head.

twitter.com...

edit on 24-10-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

I agree with you on this - case in point; when I was living abroad in Germany you'd see all kinds of nudity on tv, in public, etc. No big deal. However - even in movie theaters lots of the violence of American films is censored out by small cuts and edits. Milk commercial with naked dude running through a field? No biggie - Crime show with people getting shot up? Significantly edited.

In the states its the exact opposite. Violence can be seen in pretty gruesome detail on primetime TV and no one bats an eye, but God forbid you show a female nipple!

edit on 24-10-2014 by SonOfThor because: grammar

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555
Gunman shot himself in the head.

twitter.com...

Of course he did. Damn.

The sad thing is that he was probably a victim of society in a way. He still deserved real punishment, for that is no excuse to attack innocent people.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Will this ever end? (shootings in general) What has to be done?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

Always sad to hear about these things happening. I often wonder how it is that someone becomes so angry, or despondent that they must take the lives of others before themselves? If the intent is to die, why burden others with additional tragedy by killing others?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555
a reply to: whatnext21

I'm reading six shots fired total. Gunman shot himself in the head.

twitter.com...

Why didn't he just do this in the first place? I never understood why anyone would want to take innocent people with them.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shepard64
Man all these shootings is making my brain hurt so much. Just makes me simply think to myself "why?"

Because we have a mental health issue in the United States.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
My mother's watching CNN and they just said that 3 are dead, but no details yet on that.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
So the shooter offed himself? Awfully convenient how that almost always seems to happen?

There may be nothing to it but it seems awfully hinky to me.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Shepard64

Well I don't have all the answers for sure. However it's getting more and more difficult to know just what society's values are. Is it fame or worth? Appearance or character? Do we value people and life enough? A kid who doesn't quite fit in should be noticed and given value, but kids can be really hard on each other.

edit on 24-10-2014 by aboutface because: sluggish keyboard

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I live about twenty minutes north of this school, and have been following it live since it happened.

LIVE FEED FROM CHOPPER

It's been heartbreaking to watch the students running across fields with their hands raised.

It sounds like one student brought a gun, shot five others, killing one, before taking his own life. Unknown if there were any other students involved. SWAT is still sweeping the school. Most of the kids are still huddled in their rooms in lockdown, as the sweep is conducted.

Terrifying.

The conspiracy side of me can't help but notice that there have been NUMEROUS shootings in the past week....and we are on the verge on of a historic gun-grab attempt. What the hell is going on?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Always sad to hear about these things happening. I often wonder how it is that someone becomes so angry, or despondent that they must take the lives of others before themselves? If the intent is to die, why burden others with additional tragedy by killing others?

Sometimes they are in so much anguish and pain that they just want it to stop. That's when irrational thoughts and actions occur. I've witnessed it a few times. Unless people catch it and intervene, the bizarre and desperation move forward unchecked.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I hearing on news 3 confirmed dead, 6 injured. So sad...

Des

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Here is my 'Profile of the Manipulated Shooting Event,' developed after lengthy study of similar incidents. Let's see how many fit the latest MK-Ultra victim:

--The 'uniform' of all black/camoflage/trenchcoat look worn by the suspect.

--Use of psychotropic drugs like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors(SSRIs), prescribed by a shrink or 'counselor.'

--The suspect as scapegoat or patsy, arrested at the scene that includes evidence of other gunmen.

--The lack of any believable motive for the shooter's acts.

--Evidence of professional training on the part of the shooter, where the victims have all been shot in the head or in the torso, or where there is a very high proportion of hits vs shots fired, or where witnesses noted military-style gun handling skills.

--The arrival of the police on the scene early, coupled with a curiously delayed response in confronting the gunman.

--The involvement of the Feds, usually represented by the FBI or the BATF, in the response or post-shooting investigation, despite it being a purely local crime.

--The connection of the accused to the military, even if just seeing a recruiter.

--Extra guns and ammo found in the auto and at the home of the shooter is a common element in these shootings. This is to convince the public of the guilt of the accused. Closely related to this is an excessive quantity of ammo carried by the suspect, to impress the public of gunman's homicidal intent.

--The strange lack of emotion on the face of the gunman during the shooting, often described as robotic or vacant. Often coupled with an inability to remember the event if the suspect lives.

--An early timeframe for the shootings, so that the trauma will dominate the day's headlines

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

They almost always do. I think its part of their programming.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Many blame guns, many blame media.

I believe it is the failure of our education and health system, and just the distracted world we live in today.

This is becoming all too common because so many kids are having trouble in their lives and are completely ignored by teachers and parents. If you are a star football player in school and have a problem it is fixed right away and other kids are punished in their defense. If you are an average kid and have a problem you are marked crazy and put on medication.

It happens because they think they have no other option, it happens because as a kid so many hormones are flowing and stupid decisions are made.

Television and movies and games are going to be here for a long, long time. People need to stop blaming them and focus on how to adjust parenting/teaching to work around it, how to give people an understanding of how precious life really is...
edit on 24-10-2014 by CalibratedZeus because: typo

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Secret Service tried last time and couldn't find a way as there were inconsistencies from case to case. Here's that report from 2002:

www.secretservice.gov...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

My observation has been that the shooters usually off themselves; I think that's part of the programming. And we seem to be seeing two different profiles at work as though there are two distinct groups of previously programmed killers. One group fits your description near to a "T"; the other group is new; just emerged, they are the type that killed a cop in Montreal; stormed Parliament in Ottawa and the one who attacked four cops with a hatchet in NYC.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Another injustice here is that the guy shot himself, denying us the opportunity to find out what in the **** is wrong with him.

Thoughts are with the victims, their families, and the community.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join