It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: High school shooter active in Washington state, Shots fired.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Breaking, mods delete if this is a repost

An active shooter is on the loose in Marysville Pilchuck High School, Washington, according to local media reports. Police cars are swarming the area.

We have confirmed from #Marysville School District "lockdown for an emergency situation." Teacher inside tells @JoannaKIRO7 shots fired.

Mother of student tells @MichelleKIRO7, @MoniqueKIRO7 multiple students shot. Working to confirm. www.kirotv.com... … #MPHS #Marysville

rt.com...

hopefully everyone stays safe!
edit on 24-10-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Man all these shootings is making my brain hurt so much. Just makes me simply think to myself "why?"
edit on 24-10-2014 by Shepard64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Shepard64

No doubt no doubt. God I hate these ones though, these school shootings. Just kids, damn,

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
2 students injured in shooting at Marysville Pilchuck High School

At least two students were shot, and they are being airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle. There was no immediate word on their conditions.

Witnesses said the shooting took place in the school cafeteria. The shooter is believed to be still at large.

At least 20 police cars and multiple ambulances are responding to the incident.

The school is being evacuated.

Source

Reports vary greatly right now. Prayers for all.

link   

originally posted by: Shepard64
Man all these shootings is making my brain hurt so much. Just makes me simply think to myself "why?"

Because people have no moral compass anymore. Garbage in garbage out, it's a product of what we produced.

link   
Bloody hell America, what's wrong with you?

Stay safe. Jeez.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

It is filling me up with so much hate towards the people that do this I didn't think I was capable of

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: mr-lizard

Not just America man

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: mr-lizard

It's not just you guys. This can happen to all of us anywhere.

Police have responded to reports of a shooting at Marysville Pilchuck High School, about 35 miles north of Seattle. Multiple reports indicate that six people are injured, although police have not yet confirmed that information. Two students have been airlifted to Seattle's Harborview Medical Center, according to Komo News. Harborview is considered a major trauma center for the area.

www.bizjournals.com...
edit on 24-10-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
There has to be a way of identifying these shooters beforehand. They have to be letting out clues to what they are intending to do. I wonder if this one was on any meds?

I hope that no kids are seriously hurt. I feel bad for the people who have kids there and also the kids themselves. I can't understand why anyone would want to shoot these kids. I can understand targeting one individual but not just popping off at everybody

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Reports saying shooter killed himself.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
There has to be a way of identifying these shooters beforehand. They have to be letting out clues to what they are intending to do. I wonder if this one was on any meds?

I'd bet everything I own that he has a history of mental illness and he's been on a cocktail of meds.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Prayers for the injured.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

Why is this type of thing so popular in the USA? Violence. It pervades everything in the US. It's entertainment, it's aspirational, it's sexualized, it's even spiritual. It's the quick answer to every problem.

Emotionally stunted people don't see other alternatives.

Re-humanize this place, stat.
edit on 24-10-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I agree, what with all the surveillance Snowden exposed, why aren't they identifying these people through profiling?

It does make you wonder if it is part of an agenda, simply because if it is pure incompetence, we're screwed.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I hope the students will be ok. With kids of my own in school away from home makes my heart sink.

Canucks is right, this can happen any where. My prayers to families of the victims.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Too often (assuming this isn't some terrorist thing), troubled people, the ones ACTUALLY capable of doing something like this, are also very good at hiding their intentions. You hear over and over again on the news about these shooters. "He was just a quiet kid, preferred to keep to himself."

So finding these people before they snap and go through with these acts is difficult. There's no recipe for a school shooter. There are often very few, if any, warning signs. And if we questioned every teen or young adult who is "a quiet kid who prefers to keep to themselves", then welcome to Big Brother's America.

link   
When I first saw the thread I thought whoa wait, this is Saturday. But no, I must have time traveled or something only to be brought back to this sad reality. Dammit how I find these type of events so disturbing. I was so hoping that this kind of thing would pass into obscurity. Thanks for keeping us informed. Sending thoughts and prayers for all the students and their families.
edit on 24-10-2014 by aboutface because: typo

link   
Sending positive thoughts to the victims and their families.

Whenever an innocent person is shot, it's a tragedy. Multiple innocent YOUNG people is even worse. Here's hoping that the bastard will get caught and rot in jail.

link   
a reply to: Answer

pretty hard not to profile it prematurely isn't it?

White disgruntled loner type? probably skinny? don't know why that is, I guess we'll see...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join