It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racial Profiling is Good

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
IBM

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Hello all. With the war on terrorism going on, it seems to me that the Arabs are the bigger enemny of the USA. We need to do racial profiling at the airports to better secure the borders, without faltering on all other suspects as well. If you are in the woods and a tiger attacks you, you dont look at the deers, you keep an eye out for tigers!!! How can someone possibly think that racial profiling is bad. I once spoke to someone, and they told me that there were some muslims living in the USA who he knew, and they hated the USA. I mean seriously, if they hate it so much why are they here? Its ok to disagree with policy and such, but hate? If I was an Arab I would be glad to get searched at the airport, possibly even receive a beating also.

[edit on 9-12-2004 by IBM]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by IBM
How can someone possibly think that racial profiling is bad.

Gee, I have no idea, man....Why don't you ask the statue of liberty that question. And when she won't answer you, cause she's just a statue, I guess your just slap outta luck, pal.

Racial profiling is wrong. Muslims, Arabs, middle easterners, chinese, Japanese, blacks or whites. You name it. It is wrong. One of the nicest, most kind-hearted people I know is an Iranian man here in the US.

People are people. Individually. Not by race. Not by Creed. And not by religion. If you can't see this, PLEASE move. Off this planet.

IBM

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   
i can see it perfectly, the people who bombed the twin towers early in the 90's were muslim, and now it happend again. If we had paid attention it might not have happpend again.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   

If I was an Arab I would be glad to get searched at the airport, possibly even receive a beating also.

I dont understand this??

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by IBM
We need to do racial profiling at the airports to better secure the borders, without faltering on all other suspects as well.

Great opinion/theory IBM.
I'm a 42yr old Caucasian male born and bred in Australia. However, i have a very strong dislike of the
Bush administration, but no dislike of Americans.

So, if i ever travel to the U.S. i will remember to wear a 'stack hat' as i pass through customs just
in case you are employed as a customs officer.

Sanc'.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   
LOL, I think you should move to the moon so you wont be afraid of muslims anymore.
Maybe you can take bush with you he might come in handy just in case you find WMD there that Saddam was hiding.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by IBM
How can someone possibly think that racial profiling is bad.

I think racial profiling can be quite handy. For example, I would assume that anyone posting what you did is white and probably a jerk. Hypothetically of course.

Originally posted by IBM
If I was an Arab I would be glad to get searched at the airport, possibly even receive a beating also.

So, again hypothetically, if you were a white jerk what should you be glad to receive in this situation?

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:02 AM
link   
LMAO Rant! Anyone else think IBM's post are troll suspect? deliberatly provactive? maybe its just me.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Lets move into the future when whites are the minority in this country and they starting doing the same thing that terrorists do, and start getting profiled..I'll bet you arn't glad about it then. Oh wait, we already had Oklahoma...hmmm no muslims involved with that one. Only one of those "red state" people would think that he was a lone nutcase. Maybe we should start looking at those who bomb abortion clinics, no, we can't do that, because only muslims kill americans...

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   
For the last time.........there is no such thing as RACIAL profiling. There is a science of profiling potential crimminal types of which RACE is ONE factor of hundreds. Racial profiling is a MEDIA invention.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by IBM
i can see it perfectly, the people who bombed the twin towers early in the 90's were muslim, and now it happend again. If we had paid attention it might not have happpend again.

It can be pretty well argued at this point, with all the evidence (what's left of it that they didn't illegally destroy) that the people in charge of pulling off the 9/11 disaster were not muslims. Go look. Educate yourself. Seriously. From an objective point of view. That's where I started, about a year and a half ago on it. No sides. Objective. I challenge you. Go.

And even if they were muslims, it still has no bearing on racial profiling. That's like saying your buddy at work commits a serious crime, and now the whole entire company is behind bars, including you. When you know you had absolutely nothing to do with it. Ahh, but not you, no way, now that just isn't right, is it. For that matter the law should execute the entire family of anyone convicted of murder. Or how bout, they execute them BEFORE the murderer is even tried. Racial profiling. Yeah. Right. WRONG.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by instar
LMAO Rant! Anyone else think IBM's post are troll suspect? deliberatly provactive? maybe its just me.

Exact same thing I thought instar, the moment I read his post. But that's ok. I'm not shutting up anymore. Bring it. Enough is enough.

[edit on 9-12-2004 by TrueAmerican]

IBM

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by IBM

It can be pretty well argued at this point, with all the evidence (what's left of it that they didn't illegally destroy) that the people in charge of pulling off the 9/11 disaster were not muslims. Go look. Educate yourself. Seriously. From an objective point of view. That's where I started, about a year and a half ago on it. No sides. Objective. I challenge you. Go.

And even if they were muslims, it still has no bearing on racial profiling. That's like saying your buddy at work commits a serious crime, and now the whole entire company is behind bars, including you. When you know you had absolutely nothing to do with it. Ahh, but not you, no way, now that just isn't right, is it. For that matter the law should execute the entire family of anyone convicted of murder. Or how bout, they execute them BEFORE the murderer is even tried. Racial profiling. Yeah. Right. WRONG.

What evidence, show me. I saw the planes crash into the towers, the arabs were on the news.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
There was a thread on this already. At least a week old.

Anyways, PROFILING is good, but racial profiling can be productive if done properly, but its a horrible thing if done improperly.

If profiling is done as one of many tools, then it works. But if its only the profile thats being used, it can be dangerous.

[edit on 9-12-2004 by skippytjc]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by instar

I do...he did the same thing in the animal fur thread..it was as if he were trying very hard to trolll and stir the post......lets not feed the trolls anymore...they get off on it.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by IBM

And Timothy Mc Veigh was a white American. The unabomber was a white American.

[edit on 9-12-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   
IBMs avatar is probably a good indication of his/her/its way of thinking

National
Stupid
@$$holes

Ever heard of the IRA, Eta, Action Directe? Guess what?!

Non Muslims!

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by IBM
What evidence, show me. I saw the planes crash into the towers, the arabs were on the news.

lol, puhleeease. Don't EVEN get me started. Look bud, you got a computer. And a search function. Ever heard of Google? www.google.com, just in case you haven't had your coffee yet. You're gonna need plenty of it. Here, search suggestion for google:

911 conspiracy

See ya in about 6 months.

IBM

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by IBM

lol, puhleeease. Don't EVEN get me started. Look bud, you got a computer. And a search function. Ever heard of Google? www.google.com, just in case you haven't had your coffee yet. You're gonna need plenty of it. Here, search suggestion for google:

911 conspiracy

See ya in about 6 months.

Basically it means there is no evidence. You brought up the point. You prove it. I have yet to see credible evidence. Yes and some of you have mentioned racial profiling can be done if the right procedures are used. Otherwise it can get out of hand.

IBM

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daystar
IBMs avatar is probably a good indication of his/her/its way of thinking

National
Stupid
@$$holes

Ever heard of the IRA, Eta, Action Directe? Guess what?!

Non Muslims!

The IRA is not in the USA, to my recollection bad muslims are against the USA. Im not competely up to date on teh IRA situation in UK.

[edit on 9-12-2004 by IBM]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join