It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC and the Ohio Bridal Shop

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

It's going to be through the efforts of everyday people that this might be stopped. If we sit and continue to even place stock into what our government agencies are feeding us today, then we won't have much of a chance to beat this thing. If more people are vigilant and do the right things then maybe we can get ahead of it. People need to share what they see and know in this age of ever pervasive social media. I'm honestly amazed at the lack of public personal information coming out of this.

I feel for this business owner and her employees. The financial stress as well as the stress of wondering has to be tough. She did the right thing by closing her shop. It shows that she has some concern for her community.

And thank you kosmicjack, for all of the info throughout this situation. I've been coming here after a quick glance at the headlines every morning. I appreciate the efforts of you and everyone else who has been vigilant and keeping us up to date.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I agree! As I said, I'd be feeling much more urgent if a loved one were possibly affected. I was just trying to explain their reasoning. It's more about numbers than human beings. I certainly don't agree with their attitude, but I think the fear being spread is much more contagious and more of a threat in terms of numbers.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Isn't it strange how great CDC is represented in movies and Tv. we think of them as a huge well trained capable organization that can handle any disease outbreak, but the reality seems to be a mess. The shots of the guy in plain cloths with the bio suit outfitted guys putting a patient on a plane, looks like people just being trained. They certainly receive enough funds so where is the great CDC?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Agreed. It's surreal. I even heard an news anchor comment that they half expected the CDC to swoop in like a scene out of a movie. LOL! The CDC is definitely an organization/agency that we cannot afford to have over-promise and under-deliver.

As for the money, I think, at this point, it's an understatement to say that it seems to have been misappropriated. I can see many more Congressional hearings on that issue, further down the road, if when this is all contained.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I can only imagine that after the first encounter with the CDC and the sick nurse, she may have turned worst too fast, making second guessing as how far in the infection she was.

If she was really contagious it will increase the changes for anybody that touch her and interacted with her too close to get sick.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildoracle13
Don't worry, we have an ebola Czar.

And he is a lawyer with experience in the health industry! Yay!....AND he was editor of the Harvard Law Review. Imagine THAT.

"Klain worked at Revolution before he was tapped by Biden; in 2007, Klain said he spent most of his time working in the firm's health-care arm.

"It’s been an exciting chance to try to make some positive changes in health care from the business side rather than the policy side," he told the Wall Street Journal." Who is Ron Kain

Edited to add: They're getting ready to need a good smooth-talking Harvard-Law-Review editor type lawyer, I do believe. One is not enough, I guess. I hope those two young ladies that contracted Ebola don't get bamboozled in all this.
edit on 17-10-2014 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)
:
edit on 17-10-2014 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Please tell you are just making fun of the new "Czar". Please pretty, please.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I am not making fun of the new "Czar". It's all true.

He is general counsel for Revolution LLC. Here is what they have to say:

Ronald A. Klain President, Case Holdings General Counsel, Revolution LLC Ron Klain is President of Case Holdings and General Counsel at Revolution LLC. Prior to joining Revolution, Ron was a Partner and National Practice Group Chair at O'Melveny & Myers LLP. In addition to his career in law and business, Ron has extensive public service experience, most recently as a senior White House aide to President Obama and Chief of Staff to Vice President Biden. Earlier, he served as Chief of Staff or Staff Director for Vice President Al Gore, Attorney General Janet Reno, the Senate Democratic Leadership Committee, and the Senate Judiciary Committee. He has served as a top debate preparation advisor to Presidents Obama and Clinton, as well as Democratic Presidential nominees Al Gore and John Kerry. He gained national notice as General Counsel for the Gore Recount Committee in 2000, in recognition of which he was selected as one of National Law Journal's "Lawyers of the Year" and portrayed by Academy Award winner Kevin Spacey in the HBO film Recount. Active in a number of civic and non-profit groups, Ron has served as Chairman of the Board of the Vice President's Residence Foundation, a member of the Board of Visitors of Harvard Law School, and a Board Member of the American Constitution Society and the American Progress Action Fund. Ron is a summa cum laude graduate of Georgetown University and holds a JD, magna cum laude, from Harvard Law School, where he was an Editor of the Harvard Law Review and won the Sears Prize for the highest grade average in 1985. He served as a law clerk to Supreme Court Justice Byron White.

Revolution.com

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee
Exactly!

It's a real eye-opener to see this is really not the case. Most of the CDC appears to be just a pathetic bureaucracy, with very little forethought or preparation for when things really start heating up.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

So he is a doctor of anything, but another bureaucratic lawyer, I guess another fall guy for the cause and incompetence of our government if ebola gets to spread.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join