It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC and the Ohio Bridal Shop

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I just saw a CNN interview with the bridal shop owner and it was stunning.

I can't find the CNN video but will keep looking. In the meantime, here is another interview:

www.newsnet5.com...

CDC first told them they were fine and to self quarantine. On CNN, the owner claimed that the CDC later came back and wanted her to pantomime the type of contact employees had with Vinson.

That is what I find concerning.

Why didn't they ask those questions first? Why did the CDC originally dismiss concerns and then later want more info? Either the risk of "casual contact" infection is more of a question mark or the level of fever to be contagious is more of a question mark or the freaking CDC itself is more of a question mark.

After two weeks of botching the job, shouldn't they be exercising an abundance of caution? There are no second chances with Ebola, it doesn't forgive oversight or error.

A dress fitting is a very intimate thing, probably contact within one foot or less. Plus the restroom, etc. The CDC now says she may have been exhibiting symptoms as early as Friday, shouldn't they be more concerned about these shop employees and the bridesmaids? I mean the Spanish nurse who was on vacation, has possibly infected others.

This is just getting absurd at this point.

edit on 10/17/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Don't worry, we have an ebola Czar.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Sliding into a tight bridal gown can get a little sweaty also. I hope they took the gowns she tried on. If she did?

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Dress fittings ... sitting around for hours ... trying on all sorts of dresses that others will be trying on later ... pins and needles used to hold dresses in place during fittings ... drinks like wine or sodas (sometimes in glasses and sometimes not, depending on the level of the shop). Lots of these places put out snacks for the ladies so that means napkins and paper plates (or glass plates, depending on the level of the shop) left behind. Restrooms used (that's body fluids).

The big thing - touching all the clothing. Ebola Nurse Amber was already sick and shedding the ebola. Fever ... chills ... sweats ... not feeling well. All over the clothing that others would come in hours later to try on.

The level of stupidity Ebola Nurse Amber showed and her total disregard for others is stunning ...

The dress shop will lose business. Frontier airlines already has lost millions (they said so). Schools have closed and people in numerous states have lost income because they have had to self quarantine. There should be a law suit against Ebola Nurse Amber if she survives. If I owned the bridal shop I'd be hiring a lawyer when my three week quarantine was up.

edit on 10/17/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I think this CNN article has the interview video with the bridal shop owner.

The owner said she called Summit County Health department once she heard about Amber Vinson.

I believe it was only the bridesmaids who were trying on dresses. Vinson bought her dress earlier in the year, off the rack ( I think that is what I heard watching CNN at some point last night).

link   
Nothing surprises me anymore.

This is what happens when you have poor leadership.

link   
I saw an intetview with the owner on I believe a Fox affiliate. Am almost sure she didn't say CDC...she said healh department.

So I assumed it was local health. She also said the came back the next day and dropped off thermometers!

Posted the link this morning in the "omg she flew" thread.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
They got to keep the confusion going to generate the fear to another level.

Would the shop keeper accept a vaccine right now if it was available? I would suggest she would, simply because of the contradicting information being given by the CDC.

This could be serious, but probably isn't, no in fact you should be fine, actually do not come into contact with anybody, lock yourself away and give us a call if you start vomiting blood. That's when we'll know for sure.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Dress fittings ... sitting around for hours ... trying on all sorts of dresses that others will be trying on later ... pins and needles used to hold dresses in place during fittings ... drinks like wine or sodas (sometimes in glasses and sometimes not, depending on the level of the shop). Lots of these places put out snacks for the ladies so that means napkins and paper plates (or glass plates, depending on the level of the shop) left behind. Restrooms used (that's body fluids).

The big thing - touching all the clothing. Ebola Amber was already sick and shedding the ebola. Fever ... chills ... sweats ... not feeling well. All over the clothing that others would come in hours later to try on.

The level of stupidity Ebola Amber showed and her total disregard for others is stunning ...

The dress shop will lose business. Frontier airlines already has lost millions (they said so). Schools have closed and people in numerous states have lost income because they have had to self quarantine. There should be a law suit against Ebola Amber if she survives. If I owned the bridal shop I'd be hiring a lawyer when my three week quarantine was up.

And if one of her contacts shows any symptoms of ebola, you can kiss all those gowns good bye, they will be incinerated. I believe the Dallas hospital has also lost business and is only 1/3 full?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine

I think this CNN article has the interview video with the bridal shop owner.

The owner said she called Summit County Health department once she heard about Amber Vinson.

I believe it was only the bridesmaids who were trying on dresses. Vinson bought her dress earlier in the year, off the rack ( I think that is what I heard watching CNN at some point last night).

Just wait...Next thing you'll hear is that Amber Vinson decided to try on other dresses even though she bought hers already. Or that she DIDN'T buy her dress yet and tried on a million others.

The point being is that the stories keep changing.
edit on 17-10-2014 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

a reply to: FlyersFan

Yep!

And it only takes a minuscule amount of the virus to infect, like one viron, right? That's why the say it's not very contagious but is highly infectious.

If they say you are not contagious until you have symtoms and they also say she was possibly showing symptoms as early as Friday - then she was possibly if - not likely - contagious at the bridal shop.

Which is why they circled back and asked about the exact type of contact.

IMO, every person in the bridal shop ought to be under mandatory quarantine - simply out of an abundance of caution.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Sounds like the CDC is doing of 'learning as they go' with respect to ebola and communicability.

Nothing here is confidence inspiring.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This is all I can find about the bridal shop.

The quarantined people include at least two who worked at a bridal store where the 29-year-old nurse went for her wedding planning.

Anna Younker of Coming Attractions Bridal in Akron said CDC officials visited her and asked questions about Vinson. She said they told her to stay home for a few days and monitor her temperature twice a day. Health officials offered to clean up her shop, and she took them up on the offer so her customers can have peace of mind.

link

Why only a few days? I hope that changes. At least the local health dept. is attempting to clean her store.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I still can't believe she was a nurse who knew she just helped an Ebola patient, came down with a fever and still did what she wanted! She's a nurse for gods sake, you'd think she'd know better! I'm not a nurse and if I was with an Ebola patient and came down with a fever I'd be freaking out about it...not trying on dress's.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

CDC should have contacted her as part of contact tracing. Public safety should NOT be at the mercy of self-reporting or self-quarantining or self-monitoring. Look what that got us with Duncan, Snyderman and Vinson.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I think the reason people in high places aren't urgent about the disease is because they see things in terms of numbers instead of people. Up to 50,000 people in the US die of the flu every year and it's much more contagious than ebola. So, comparing that to ebola, makes ebola look like nothing.

IF the numbers start growing in the US, then we'll see more urgency. Until then, we'll see this laissez-faire attitude about it because only a handful have contracted it.

I understand this attitude, but if I or a loved one had tried on dresses that day, or were on the plane or cruise that sick people were on, I'd feel much more urgent about it.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Well, I think of it like this, CDC and various Departments of Health around the country make a big deal about smoking and obesity. We hear about it non stop, banning big gulps, etc. The thing is, if an obese smoker gets on a plane or subway - it's not going to possibly kill someone else.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
CDC and various Departments of Health around the country make a big deal about smoking and obesity.

They're making a big deal about this, too. Check out their web page. It's Ebola all day every day.

www.cdc.gov...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Well, they are doing a lot of clucking but they need to get busy laying eggs.
What good is a presser or a web page update if they fail at ground level to properly quarantine or monitor people possibly exposed?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
I still can't believe she was a nurse who knew she just helped an Ebola patient, came down with a fever and still did what she wanted! She's a nurse for gods sake, you'd think she'd know better! I'm not a nurse and if I was with an Ebola patient and came down with a fever I'd be freaking out about it...not trying on dress's.

In every segment of society you have good apples and bad. Just because she's a nurse doesn't mean she gave a hoot in Hades about this. I've had excellent nurses (and most of them ARE), but I've also had nurses who are just "putting in the time" and aren't particularly either high-caliber people or high-caliber nurses.

Again...most of the nurses I know and have been treated by have been wonderful...
edit on 17-10-2014 by Jansy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join