It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alarm After Vomitting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

A plane from Nigeria landed at JFK Airport Thursday with a male passenger aboard who had died during the flight after a fit of vomiting — and CDC officials conducted a “cursory” exam before announcing there was no Ebola and turning the corpse over to Port Authority cops to remove, Rep. Peter King said on Thursday.

The congressman was so alarmed by the incident — and by what he and employees see as troubling Ebola vulnerabilities at JFK — that he fired off a letter to the federal Department of Homeland Security demanding more training and tougher protocols for handling possible cases there.

The unnamed, 63-year-old passenger had boarded an Arik Air plane out of Lagos, Nigeria, on Wednesday night, a federal law enforcement source said.

During the flight, the man had been vomiting in his seat, the source said. Some time before the plane landed, he passed away. Flight crew contacted the CDC, federal customs officials and Port Authority police, who all boarded the plane at around 6 a.m. as about 145 worried passengers remained on board, the source said.

“The door [to the terminal] was left open, which a lot of the first responders found alarming,” said the source.

Rep. King called the protocol followed after the passenger died “alarming.”
Photo: Getty Images

“My understanding was that the passenger was vomiting in the seat,” King (R-LI) said.

“The CDC went on the plane, examined the dead body and said the person did not have Ebola,” King said.

“It was what I was told a cursory examination. The Port Authority cops and personnel from Customs and Border Protection were there, and they were told there was no danger because the person did not have Ebola,” King said.

“But their concern was, how could you tell so quickly? And what adds to the concern is how wrong the CDC has been over the past few weeks.”

Stuff is getting real now!!

(Mods, if this is a double thread, feel free to merge my thread with the first one.)

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
Quoting External Sources - Please Review This Link

As stated; the CDC has botched diagnoses already - and Sure he doesn't have Ebola - he's dead. He doesn't have anything! [Ahem]

Per the response... I'm absolutely baffled that they didn't secure the terminal - regardless of whether or not this dude had Ebola - he could have very well had something else. Vomiting for a full plane ride in the middle of a near-pandemic, and they wanna write it off as a severe flu? WTF. Nobody leaves the plane until we know What it is; even if it isn't Ebola.

Now we have 145 passengers and all of the planes personnel that have been exposed to [!mutated undetectable airborne ebola!] that we're just sending on their way. Mind you - exposed to [okay fine, potentially 'nothing' deadly virus] by a man flying from Nigeria... Where this is [most?] rampant...

I'm double checking my bug out load this weekend.
edit on 17-10-2014 by DigitalJedi805 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Another source just reported the same new, Russia Today:

Ebola scare: Man dies on trans-Atlantic flight to JFK after vomiting

rt.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalJedi805

A plane from Nigeria landed at JFK Airport Thursday with a male passenger aboard who had died during the flight after a fit of vomiting — and CDC officials conducted a “cursory” exam before announcing there was no Ebola and turning the corpse over to Port Authority cops to remove, Rep. Peter King said on Thursday.

The congressman was so alarmed by the incident — and by what he and employees see as troubling Ebola vulnerabilities at JFK — that he fired off a letter to the federal Department of Homeland Security demanding more training and tougher protocols for handling possible cases there.

The unnamed, 63-year-old passenger had boarded an Arik Air plane out of Lagos, Nigeria, on Wednesday night, a federal law enforcement source said.

During the flight, the man had been vomiting in his seat, the source said. Some time before the plane landed, he passed away. Flight crew contacted the CDC, federal customs officials and Port Authority police, who all boarded the plane at around 6 a.m. as about 145 worried passengers remained on board, the source said.

“The door [to the terminal] was left open, which a lot of the first responders found alarming,” said the source.

“My understanding was that the passenger was vomiting in the seat,” King (R-LI) said.

“The CDC went on the plane, examined the dead body and said the person did not have Ebola,” King said.

“It was what I was told a cursory examination. The Port Authority cops and personnel from Customs and Border Protection were there, and they were told there was no danger because the person did not have Ebola,” King said.

“But their concern was, how could you tell so quickly? And what adds to the concern is how wrong the CDC has been over the past few weeks.”

(Mods, if this is a double thread, feel free to merge my thread with the first one.)

As stated; the CDC has botched diagnoses already - and Sure he doesn't have Ebola - he's dead. He doesn't have anything! [Ahem]

Per the response... I'm absolutely baffled that they didn't secure the terminal - regardless of whether or not this dude had Ebola - he could have very well had something else. Vomiting for a full plane ride in the middle of a near-pandemic, and they wanna write it off as a severe flu? WTF. Nobody leaves the plane until we know What it is; even if it isn't Ebola.

Now we have 145 passengers and all of the planes personnel that have been exposed to [!mutated undetectable airborne ebola!] that we're just sending on their way. Mind you - exposed to [okay fine, potentially 'nothing' deadly virus] by a man flying from Nigeria... Where this is [most?] rampant...

Personally the most I can do is load up on canned goods. I very handy with a gun, but deadly with a bow and arrow as long as it's a recurve bow. Due to chronic illness, I used to take adaptive gym and one of the things our health/gym teacher let us do was fire a few shots off with the bow. Found out I was a regular Indian Princess with that thing. Good to know if it ever came to it. My ex and his cousin took me out shooting once years and years ago. I had to make them take the sights off the gun because they annoyed the carp out of me. I ended up being a better shot than them WITH the sight. My ex borrowed my father's gun and ended up selling up. Boy with all this junk hitting the fan, I could really use it right now. I guess the good thing about being in a tiny town up in the mountains is hopefully, not too much up here. (Trust me when I say I am knocking on TONS of wood when I say hopefully.)

Back to this topic at hand, it's looking this this passenger in particular had a good old fashioned heart attack, but I will be the first to admit I am avoiding large cities (I live near Pittsburgh), I'm avoiding sick people like the plague (can't say that anymore!). I have a low immune system so I quite literally cannot afford to have someone be sick near me, because it truly is a death sentence, and as a single parent of a autistic kid in system, I have to do everything possible to stay healthy for her. She just had her 19 birthday last week and talked about my funeral when she came to visit, how she wanted it planned, etc... She operates on a 8-12 year old mentality on a regular basis, so I HAVE to stay healthy for her. I freaked out my sister this weekend when I texted her my computer password, my funeral arrangements, my living will, and how I want things to be if anything happens to me. She thought I was dying now. It's just I made a promise to my daughter to tell someone else so that way if something happens to me someone will help her. (She can VERY morbid! LOL)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I call BS on this story. No one big is picking this up. That seems impossible considering they're loving the hysteria already.

Nah.

AAC

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Do the PTB in the administration and the liars over at the CDC think people are stupid? You can not tell by looking at someone if they are infected or not. The lies are stacking up and you had better believe people are watching this time.

I wonder how many positive case are going to be swept under the rug. The CDC is 100% corrupt and should be dismantled by congress. Lies on top of lies. The people are seeing the truth this time.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnAbsoluteCreation
I call BS on this story. No one big is picking this up. That seems impossible considering they're loving the hysteria already.

Nah.

AAC

Hmmm.

CBS New York report

and the letter is real.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
The first thing any CDC or health department person would have checked was for a fever.

No fever NO Ebola

Also by the time a person with Ebola gets near death they are Vomiting blood.
Ebola is a haemorrhagic fever.

you also look for petechiae, purpura, ecchymoses,

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
this is nuts. there is NO WAY someone from the CDC could determine someone didn't have ebola by just LOOKING at them. even if he wasn't vomiting blood, even if his eyes weren't red. those things don't happen 100% of the time. i'm off to find more info about this.

This particular strain of Ebola has been shown already to be MUCH less hemorrhagic than usual.

CDC throwing caution to the wind?? Say it ain't so!!
edit on 17-10-2014 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: AnAbsoluteCreation

Nah.

AAC

Hmmm.

CBS New York report

and the letter is real.

I was watching cnn a few hours ago and they did a few minutes of reporting on this. The only thing they added that wasn't already reported here is that the man was taken back to area the flight originated from. I am hoping this isn't ebola but if it is its somewhat becoming a nightmare straight from a movie.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Why why why?
I could do a better job and I'm just an average person

WOW....I shake my head everyday at the stupidity of the people in charge.
Then I take a huge step back and look at the BIG picture.....

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalJedi805

Personally the most I can do is load up on canned goods. I very handy with a gun, but deadly with a bow and arrow as long as it's a recurve bow. Due to chronic illness, I used to take adaptive gym and one of the things our health/gym teacher let us do was fire a few shots off with the bow. Found out I was a regular Indian Princess with that thing. Good to know if it ever came to it. My ex and his cousin took me out shooting once years and years ago. I had to make them take the sights off the gun because they annoyed the carp out of me. I ended up being a better shot than them WITH the sight. My ex borrowed my father's gun and ended up selling up. Boy with all this junk hitting the fan, I could really use it right now. I guess the good thing about being in a tiny town up in the mountains is hopefully, not too much up here. (Trust me when I say I am knocking on TONS of wood when I say hopefully.)

Back to this topic at hand, it's looking this this passenger in particular had a good old fashioned heart attack, but I will be the first to admit I am avoiding large cities (I live near Pittsburgh), I'm avoiding sick people like the plague (can't say that anymore!). I have a low immune system so I quite literally cannot afford to have someone be sick near me, because it truly is a death sentence, and as a single parent of a autistic kid in system, I have to do everything possible to stay healthy for her. She just had her 19 birthday last week and talked about my funeral when she came to visit, how she wanted it planned, etc... She operates on a 8-12 year old mentality on a regular basis, so I HAVE to stay healthy for her. I freaked out my sister this weekend when I texted her my computer password, my funeral arrangements, my living will, and how I want things to be if anything happens to me. She thought I was dying now. It's just I made a promise to my daughter to tell someone else so that way if something happens to me someone will help her. (She can VERY morbid! LOL)

I too am avoiding sick people like the plague. With my history of allergies and asthma I can't afford to get sick. Colds tend to turn into bronchitis for me, and once I almost got pneumonia that started out as a simple cold.

The other day I went to a tenants meeting in my apartment complex. I was sitting near the back, minding my own business. Partly because I like my space and partly because I was doing computer stuff at the same time. They ran out of room and a couple of neighbors came in & wanted to sit at the same table as me.

I had no problem with that, but I guess I couldn't move my stuff fast enough. Sometimes I have to bring a walker if my arthritis is really bothering me, which it was that day. One of those neighbors who came in at the last minute was coughing her brains out. She took it upon herself to get it out of her way.....how rude.

Number one: I don't like it when someone touches my personal property w/o permission.

Number two: I don't like it when someone coughs all over my stuff.

Anyway, I moved to the last table they had available and promptly used hand sanitizer. I wasn't trying to be rude but may have appeared that way. I need to protect myself.

This apartment complex is undergoing extensive renovations and some nitwit decided to take away the automatic doors for the entrances to most buildings here. It's aggravating to have to fight with the regular doors that countless people handle every day, inc. all the construction workers here - many of whom cough all over the place and don't cover their mouths.

Getting back to the OP, I don't see how they can declare the patient was Ebola-free w/o running tests to confirm it. It sounds like it may have been a cardiac event but they need to be sure.

They've been doing alot of calm-mongering. I think it's time I stock up on more stuff and get ready to bug out if need be.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
[ sarcasm ] just remember folks - no one has ever vomited or died on a plane before

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Flying does increase your chances of having a heart attack. My uncle vomited before he died from a heart attack.
But still better to be safe than sorry?

If he was having a heart attack I hope someone tried to help him. The fear of Ebola could jeopardize lives in cases like this.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
How do you walk on a plane and determine it ISN'T Ebola? Do they have mobile test kits?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic
How do you walk on a plane and determine it ISN'T Ebola? Do they have mobile test kits?

Because there could be a very very obvious cause of death OTHER than Ebola.

Vomiting is very common. If you quarantine everyone who vomits on a plane you would run out of quarantine space very quickly.

2 weeks ago I vomited a number of times on my flight to Japan, should they have quarantined me even though I clearly had no contact with anyone with Ebola? All I had was food poisoning from some rice.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I'm curious here.

Instead, along with much smaller Senegal, Nigeria is now on the brink of being clear of the virus for a 42-day period at which point the World Health Organization (WHO) can declare it Ebola-free.
www.bbc.com...

How is it that they've not had any new cases for close to 42 days and we've got them possibly coming here sick?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
I'm curious here.

Instead, along with much smaller Senegal, Nigeria is now on the brink of being clear of the virus for a 42-day period at which point the World Health Organization (WHO) can declare it Ebola-free.
www.bbc.com...

How is it that they've not had any new cases for close to 42 days and we've got them possibly coming here sick?

1) Nigeria and Senegal are different country's from Liberia and Seria Leone

2) There are more diseases and medical conditions in the world than Ebola.

3) The "sick" people travelling from Nigeria do not it seems have Ebola but one of the myriad of other conditions that make one ill.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
From World Health Org. Nigeria will be declared Ebola free in just three days.
They successfully traced and isolated every case in the country which were all traced back to the Liberian traveler who brought the disease in in July.
This is good news in a tidal wave of bad news.
According to WHO they allow 42 days or twice the incubation maximum to pass without any new cases before they declare a region free of the disease.

www.who.int...

In this light hopefully this man does not have Ebola.
Think about this. He died in flight. People who are near death from this disease are not fit to travel and probably wouldn't be able to board the plane unassisted. Was he brought on board in a wheelchair? I'd be concerned with some kind of poisoning if ebola is strictly eliminated as cause of death.
There is good reason to believe it was not Ebola.
On another hopeful note Senegal has been declared Ebola free as of today. There have been no new cases in that country in 42 days.
edit on AMu31u10104237312014-10-17T07:37:51-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Strange coincidence this was happening around the time of the Congressional hearings?

Hmmm.

What do you see as the connection between these two events? What is strange about it?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
He could have died from something else, AND still had Ebola. Obviously.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join