It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alarm After Vomitting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
According to several fact sheets on the disease at the end most patients are comatose. Many have a rash or are actively bleeding. I think end stage Ebola can be diagnosed with just a precursory exam.
I hope there is an autopsy on this man regardless. I believe NY law requires it when someone dies and they are not under a doctor's care or dead from trauma.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The Dallas hospital botched diagnosis of Duncan. Not the CDC. According to a nurse who worked there they were not educated, prepared or adequately protected from Ebola. They were treating Duncan with Jerry rigged suiting that was obviously inadequate.

reply to: DigitalJedi805

edit on AM0000003100000010104259312014-10-17T07:59:44-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: frugal

It happened to my friend a few months ago flying back from American Samoa, and three or four times when I worked at an airport. It happens.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
PS See my post above regarding Nigeria being cleared of Ebola or will be declared so on Monday. There have been no cases of Ebola in 39 days as of today. Certainly not rampant in any event. reply to: DigitalJedi805

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: frugal

It happened to my friend a few months ago flying back from American Samoa, and three or four times when I worked at an airport. It happens.

Yup exactly.

Only reason we are hearing every little death and vomit is because everyone is super tense.

Sorry about your friend.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

What was really bad was when it was a plane we had to search before going from international to domestic. You can't move them until the coroner pronounces them, so we'd have to search with the body sitting there.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Duncan came from Liberia. The virus is still out of control in Liberia, Sierra Leon and Guenea.
reply to: dawnstar

:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Even if CDC was 90% confident from examination and all the data at hand he didn't have ebola, they should have treated it as though he did - if only to be vigilant, for the practice (they need it), and to allay public fears and those of the other passengers. Even though it is within the realm of unlikeliness that he had ebola, CDC needs to remember and respect that the American people are spooked. Snobbery and dismissive attitudes have no place in the here and now.

a reply to: Anyafaj

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
I'm curious here.

Instead, along with much smaller Senegal, Nigeria is now on the brink of being clear of the virus for a 42-day period at which point the World Health Organization (WHO) can declare it Ebola-free.
www.bbc.com...

How is it that they've not had any new cases for close to 42 days and we've got them possibly coming here sick?

They were smart and did what we simply refuse to do. Closed their borders. Senegal as well it would seem.

Ebola

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

I couldn't agree more. I almost half hope they all strike too. My baby sister is flying into that airport in about a month and a half. I have talked to her, but her only response was that she already bought tickets. I haven't heard back from her since I pointed out that losing a few bucks isn't worth your life possibly. At what point does health and safety trump the dollar? I know, let's make one of these politicians, airline owners and CEOs, or CDC officials stand at the gates to these flights personally checking each passenger as they enter our country. I bet they figure things out just a little quicker.

It's is getting ridiculously out of hand. After everything, if this is how a dead, previously vomiting passenger from an Ebola infected country is treated, we don't really have much chance at staying ahead of this do we?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodsmom
a reply to: Destinyone

I couldn't agree more. I almost half hope they all strike too. My baby sister is flying into that airport in about a month and a half. I have talked to her, but her only response was that she already bought tickets. I haven't heard back from her since I pointed out that losing a few bucks isn't worth your life possibly. At what point does health and safety trump the dollar? I know, let's make one of these politicians, airline owners and CEOs, or CDC officials stand at the gates to these flights personally checking each passenger as they enter our country. I bet they figure things out just a little quicker.

It's is getting ridiculously out of hand. After everything, if this is how a dead, previously vomiting passenger from an Ebola infected country is treated, we don't really have much chance at staying ahead of this do we?

Herein lies another problem. I suspect very shortly we are going to have a major crisis soon with the dollar due to Ebola. Already we have a airline that has people cancelling tickets because Nurse #2 flew on it. Doesn't matter that it wasn't THAT particular plane and they took that plane out of service because they have to rip out the carpet, replace them, replace her seat, etc... (more money), but now they will have to refund what tickets are refundable. Also their stocks went down, all because she flew on their plane. The bridal shop she visited, you know they'll have to get rid of all their inventory. Would you buy one of their dresses? Even if you already had a deposit? Chances are no. Panic, right? They closed voluntarily after they heard she had Ebola. They had to. How many clients do you think would come in? Not many, if at all. How about the cruise ship with Nurse #3? How many people do you think would be willing to get on that ship once it docks in the US? If not many, that's more money lost. Now you have a MAJOR clean up of the cruise ship once it docks.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I know it's not the best approach as far as our economy goes. It's a first reaction to the realization that your loved ones could be in harms way.

This is going to hit us hard though, you're right. I feel for the companies who are taking the hits due to no wrongdoing on their part. Frontier airlines didn't ask for this, nor the bridal shop, but they both did the right things as people looking out for people. Hopefully the reward from that act alone can start to make up for their financial losses eventually.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodsmom

I know it's not the best approach as far as our economy goes. It's a first reaction to the realization that your loved ones could be in harms way.

This is going to hit us hard though, you're right. I feel for the companies who are taking the hits due to no wrongdoing on their part. Frontier airlines didn't ask for this, nor the bridal shop, but they both did the right things as people looking out for people. Hopefully the reward from that act alone can start to make up for their financial losses eventually.

Sadly though, I feel they're not going to be the only ones, and I feel this is just the beginning. I think this is going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better. IF it gets better.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I would like to think it will get better. There has been one believable statement throughout this whole
cluster-f, " it's going to get worse before it gets better" - Dallas Mayor.
My biggest hope lies in the resilience and goodness of people.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Nah!

Keep the flights coming in from Africa everything is ok.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It's obvious what the world needs now is more TSA agents and body cavity searches.

Obviously if there has been 4,000 deaths there's going to be 400,000 more soon...like heart disease, oh shxt!!!! send the entire military to quarantine all McDonalds - heart disease is contagious!!!!!!
edit on 17-10-2014 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I imagine a CDC "Expert" licking his thumb and holding it up, then picking up some dirt then dropping it to test the wind. Then he pulls out his unfoulable and 100% accurate Ebola calibrated Dousing Rods... He poked his head in the door of the plane and through the plastic screen of his positive pressure hazmat suit asked a terrified flight attendant to "point out the dead guy". "Now pick up his arm and wave it back and forth like he is waving to me in greeting." "All Clear, ALL CLEAR... There is no way it's Ebola, anyone can see that!" from 40ft. away.

Jesus Herald Christ on a freakin rubber crutch! How many times do we have to say "this is getting ridiculous!" before it is actually Ridiculous?! It is clear that those in charge want an outbreak. They want Morgan Freeman to swoop in and save our species at the last second.

Out of many...Few!
edit on 17-10-2014 by wastedown because: I wanted to

edit on 17-10-2014 by wastedown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: kimmie7

They have a lot on their plate right now. The faster they can dismiss these cases the better. I wouldn't say they were snobbish or dismissive because they're cold hearted but because they need to keep moving forward. Their reputation has taken a good knock these past few weeks. They need to stay on the ball. I guess it doesn't leave much time for reassurances to make the public feel better. Won't we all feel better when this is behind us? And behind Africa too? Then we can get to work on a vaccine for the region it originates so this doesn't happen again.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Apparently there was another one on another plane that survived. No screening at the airport!

edit on 17-10-2014 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join