It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Members of Congress to grill CDC at Ebola hearing-Live Feed

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neysa
I keep losing the feed. Here's another link
feed2

This one allows you to see the house committee and Dr.Varga in Texas.

Neysa,
Thanks a bunch for this other link! I had the same problem as you, losing the feed. This one was flawless (um, not what the CDC was saying... the coverage was. Didn't hiccup a bit.)

I have to say, listening to some of the questions, I am wondering yet again if higher ups are reading our brainstorming about this on ATS! I am not the only one who was screaming "Move them to a Level 4 Facility! Regular hospitals aren't trained and don't have the equipment!" Then I hear both current cases will be treated thusly... the latter being at NIH. The reason for the moves are the precise reasons we were jumping up and down about.

That is just one example of ATS saying something, and then it happens. So let's keep screaming about the air travel from infected areas!!! I think they need us to debunk their excuse that people will sneak in and not seek medical help... uhhh, isn't that WHY they would want to sneak in? For our awesomely perfect (not) medical system???

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Headshot
What did you folks think of the whole "no need to scrub the plane down" statement?

I think he was trying to corner the CDC dude so if someone gets infected that was on the plane he can hold him accountable in the future.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: crazyewok

Not exactly a collection of the sharpest minds in the USA

That is just super naive.

Really?

Politicians are hardly know as the most intelligent or integral people now are they?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
"We're investigating"......over and over, that is what you hear at these hearings. This is a public health matter and it's a major deal! How long does it take to investigate when, where, and how the nurses were infected? I said this out loud today, and someone replied, "till people quit asking".

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine

Secondly, if we don't allow anybody to originate from those 3 countries, a sick Liberian could travel via foot or car to Ivory Coast, or Mali, or Senegal, and then fly to Europe, and we would not know that they came from a high risk country. That individual would not be checked for fever before boarding a flight, or upon landing eventually in the US.

What I don't understand, is why we can't suspend all travel visas from the 3 hot spot countries to the United States?

Exactly?

Just deny entry to anyone with a Liberian, Seria Leone or Guinea passport.

Dont matter what country they choose to transit through they still cant get in at border control.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Headshot
What did you folks think of the whole "no need to scrub the plane down" statement?

Idiotic rhetoric. That's what I thought of it.

I wish they had followed up with questions about the virus living on surfaces, and being present in sweat, saliva, etc.
edit on 10/16/2014 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
"We're investigating"......over and over, that is what you hear at these hearings. This is a public health matter and it's a major deal! How long does it take to investigate when, where, and how the nurses were infected? I said this out loud today, and someone replied, "till people quit asking".

That is code for 'We have abso-freaking-lutely NO idea how the nurses contracted this thru their PPE's. We're grasping at straw... er, investigating.'

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Olivine

Secondly, if we don't allow anybody to originate from those 3 countries, a sick Liberian could travel via foot or car to Ivory Coast, or Mali, or Senegal, and then fly to Europe, and we would not know that they came from a high risk country. That individual would not be checked for fever before boarding a flight, or upon landing eventually in the US.

What I don't understand, is why we can't suspend all travel visas from the 3 hot spot countries to the United States?

Exactly?

Just deny entry to anyone with a Liberian, Seria Leone or Guinea passport.

Dont matter what country they choose to transit through they still cant get in at border control.

Yes, we need to suspend ALL Visas of persons originating from those countries. Until the threat is over. It is (to me) ludicrous to claim that their slipping in thru the border is a greater threat than welcoming them here in droves on airplanes. Ludicrous, I say! Here is why:

Slipping thru the border requires arduous travel, often on foot. How many Ebola-laden folks do you think would even attempt to take that risk? Sitting on an airplane and trudging thru the tundra are worlds apart, especially for someone with a serious medical condition.

For the handful who MIGHT get thru... why would they avoid seeking medical help? Why leave your homeland to go die somewhere homeless and alone? (And if you say, terrorists would do it, well... they would try that regardless of air travel, so we better ramp up our border security regardless.)

In any case, I'd prefer we take our chances with a handful, rather than airplanes full.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

Another point.

To illegally enter from Africa will likely take weeks of travel and likely preparation.

You wont just wake up in a slum in Liberia and hop on a plane to Mexico then trudge across the border that very same day.
edit on 16-10-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I find myself refreshing news feeds, waiting for the announcement they have finally implemented such restrictions, new_here.

It's like when you know we are going to end up bombing somewhere even though the president is denying it.

Or you know we are going to end up with boots on the ground when the president denies it.

Just a matter of time...

But with this, we don't HAVE TIME.

So cut the bs and stop travel before it's too late!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Does anybody know if Congress can override a president on this issue? If the American people are demanding travel restrictions and this agenda-politically-motivated excuse of a president refuses, can Congress step in?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Does anybody know if Congress can override a president on this issue? If the American people are demanding travel restrictions and this agenda-politically-motivated excuse of a president refuses, can Congress step in?

It would be awesome if Americans would 'go on strike' against flying. Just one day. No one fly. No one.

Or even half of them. Heck, if this keeps up, there may only be half of them left to fly. Why have the airlines NOT thought this thru???

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

That is code for 'We have abso-freaking-lutely NO idea how the nurses contracted this thru their PPE's. We're grasping at straw... er, investigating.'

Once again agreed!!!! I said it yesterday, I will say it again!! They need to set a damn date, so U.S. Citizens can get the hell home, then shut it all down for a while. I'd rather be living in the dark ages for a little while if I have to, so long as my family, & all those I know STAY SAFE!!! TY for the updates!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I thought I have hear over the last 10 or 12 years that money was being spend to train and prepare for these type of incidents. Who got the free money? The training and materials do not seem to be in place.

Maybe the CDC has a couple of teams. What's that 100 billion dollars per team?

Sadly, I am not surprised.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Politicians are hardly know as the most intelligent or integral people now are they?

Yeah, just a bunch of dumb asses.
I'm afraid you under estimate their intelligence grossly.
Simply because the agenda they have in mind, doesn't match
the one you think they should have in mind. If you think for one
second, that becoming a member of congress doesn't require
a certain amount of intelligence on high? Then you are beyond
ignorance. Billionaires as most of them are, are always among
those with the highest order of education. Further more, their
apparent stupidity, is more likely exactly what they would prefer
you to think.

Plausible deniability.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

Pink Faced....I KNEW I should have googled it before I mouthed off....sigh.....

www.whitehouse.gov...

Looks like while we were watching Friedan take the heat something else was afoot?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
At least it's a step up from grilling steroid using athletes. *Shrugs

Oh wait...I've been in this thread before.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join