It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Members of Congress to grill CDC at Ebola hearing-Live Feed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Killjoy1234
a reply to: randyvs

i understand what your saying my friend. i was merely making an observation. do you never just have that feeling that you can sense how someone is feeling from there eyes?

Absolutly my fellow member.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Why is the CDC answering questions for the DOD????

this is an absolute cluster cluck!!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Because that chick with the Southern accent was talking out of her ass.

Also is the camera guy drunk?
edit on 1620141020141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Well she's certainly strident and not the sharpest tack, but so far Friedan has been answering for multiple agencies in the Govt.....this generally isn't done. Who's ducking responsibility and hiding behind him?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Ahh just started watching. Perhaps because they don't have access to all the people they need and just figure he knows?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Here we go - the blame game.

To be honest it seems more like a freaking ego game to me. Maybe a combination of all of the above. Who knows.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The odds of spokes people NOT being available from the State Dept or Dept of Defense is unlikely.....obviously the heads of these agencies aren't going to jump thru hoops for congress.

It gives the appearance of Congress being told to "go pound salt".

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I keep losing the feed. Here's another link
feed2

This one allows you to see the house committee and Dr.Varga in Texas.
edit on 10/16/2014 by Neysa because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/16/2014 by Neysa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
In my opinion....this is all a show of some sort (stupidity for sure)

The average person could do a better job then these people

They just keep repeating themselves......of course getting no where

I think they love pointing the finger and playing the blame game

Who cares!!! FIX THE PROBLEM.....why is it so difficult?

That's why I think there is a HUGE hidden agenda, and this is just the tip of the iceberg.

I hope we are all ready for the LONG LONG road ahead of us

Makes me truly sad

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
They are asking about what the minimum body temperature criteria should be...

If you are "at risk" (i.e., from West Africa, having contact with anyone from West Africa, or any contact with an Ebola victim) you should worry if your NORMAL body temperature is elevated...TO ANY DEGREE.

There cannot be a set number...people's bodies are different...their normal temp might be slightly higher or lower than the generally-accepted 98.6. ANY elevation in the person's NORMAL body temperature would be considered to be a fever.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Neysa

THANK YOU!!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sophie111609

Congress needs ammo to use in their election campaigns. Some dirt to throw at someone to prevent people from realizing how inept they actually are.

All the time and money they give away is really doing very little. Their fault, in the long run but they will never admit it.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I've been watching this who fiasco too, wowza, we're in big trouble if these are the people in charge.

One thing to add, since this began, I have yet to get one single concise answer that makes any sense as to why we are not restricting air travel for people from these countries.
I've heard the question posed 50 different ways and supposedly answered 50 different ways, yet not one of them has made me think " OK, yeah, that makes sense."
edit on 16-10-2014 by Cherryontop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cherryontop
I've been watching this who fiasco too, wowza, we're in big trouble if these are the people in charge.

One thing to add, since this began, I have yet to get one single concise answer that makes any sense as to why we are not restricting air travel for people from these countries.
I've heard the question posed 50 different ways and supposedly answered 50 different ways, yet not one of them has made me think " OK, yeah, that makes sense."

Because for some inexplicable reason, they don't WANT to control air travel.......

Will the economy be possibly worse if people stop flying (or going ANYWHERE, for that matter) because this crisis gets completely out of hand and turns into an epidemic??

Wouldn't it be simpler to turn off the stinking faucet NOW, rather than trying to mop up the flood of water LATER??

What's scary is these are supposed to be the "smart folks" - the ones that help govern the country and set policies/procedures for the medical profession.......oh my heck. We are TOAST.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Cherryontop

This is what I understand the argument against a travel ban to be.

First, there are zero direct flights from Liberia, Sierra Leone, or Guinea to the US currently. Today, a Liberian for example, has to travel to Morroco-->Brussels--> New Jersey.
We would have to ban flights from Europe. Big business isn't going to be happy about that.

Secondly, if we don't allow anybody to originate from those 3 countries, a sick Liberian could travel via foot or car to Ivory Coast, or Mali, or Senegal, and then fly to Europe, and we would not know that they came from a high risk country. That individual would not be checked for fever before boarding a flight, or upon landing eventually in the US.

What I don't understand, is why we can't suspend all travel visas from the 3 hot spot countries to the United States?
edit on 10/16/2014 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/16/2014 by Olivine because: to edit, of course

edit on 10/16/2014 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Jansy

I agree, if they are worrying about travel restrictions effecting economy etc what about when one person gets sick in your work place and they have to keep your co-workers home for at least 21 days and then potentially all their families home and then close the schools and then people have to stay home to look after the kids etc etc it could snowball. How will that effect the economy????

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyTrick
a reply to: Jansy

I agree, if they are worrying about travel restrictions effecting economy etc what about when one person gets sick in your work place and they have to keep your co-workers home for at least 21 days and then potentially all their families home and then close the schools and then people have to stay home to look after the kids etc etc it could snowball. How will that effect the economy????

I'm afraid we're already seeing the beginnings of this...

And you are absolutely correct. If I even had a whiff of information about somebody who was at risk where I work?? I'd be home, self-quarantined, until I knew with absolute certainty that there was no chance of infection. And I'm pretty sure most sane people would do this as well.

That's why I believe in preparation...I'm no survivalist prepper (don't have the skills or money) but I do believe in preparing myself as much as I can. And at the moment, I could survive a 21-day quarantine at home with no problem at all...even longer. And that makes me feel somewhat better.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I just saw this thread, so glad I did. I posted this in one of the ongoing monster ebola threads, reposting it here as it has to do with this congressional hearing.

I'm watching on cable. It's nothing but another political, taking sides, bashing, finger pointing, dog and pony show.

The Obama backers are parroting what he has stated the past 2 days. We can't stop flights from Africa, we need to pour all our funding into stopping ebola in Africa. Only by curing and stopping ebola in Africa can we stop it here in the U.S.

BS!!!!

What about some damn funding for our own damn Country. What's with all this we *owe* it to Africa to make it all better for them, before we can look at stopping it in our own front yard.

I'm so sick of all the politically correct rhetoric in such a serious situation.

*sigh*....

Des

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Mr. Long should be referred to as Mr. Wide, but he does pose some good questions.
edit on 16-10-2014 by Septimus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Respect for Billy Long out of Missouri!

Nurse 1 and 2 will not suffice.
edit on Rpm101614v352014u59 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join