It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many ebola patients have really been brought into the U.S?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Bear with me...because I'm a bit confused about this myself, but how many of us are aware at the exact number of patients flown back to the U.S? And to Emory in Atlanta specifically. It's late, and I'm tired, but I will start with this and build on it more tomorrow.

Please note that all in this post are from around September 8-9 as near as I can tell. Before the nurse who was flown to Emory today (or maybe yesterday (a whole other story). Maybe at a time when we lost interest in the first two patients and before the Dallas case hit the fan.

So far, Emory University Hospital has treated three patients with Ebola. Doctors successfully treated and released Dr. Kent Brantly and missionary Nancy Writebol earlier this year. A third patient, who was transferred to Emory on Sept. 9 but has not been identified for confidentiality reasons, is still being treated at the facility, according to a statement just released by Emory.
The patient wishes to maintain anonymity but requested that the hospital release the following statement:
“Given the national focus on Ebola, particularly with the diagnosis in two health care workers, I want to share the news that I am recovering from this disease, and that I anticipate being discharged very soon, free from the Ebola virus and able to return safely to my family and to my community. As a result of the virus, my condition worsened and I became critically ill soon after I arrived at Emory. Through rigorous medical treatment, skillful nursing, and the full support of a health care team, I am well on the way to a full recovery. I want the public to know that although Ebola is a serious, complex disease, it is possible to recover and return to a healthy life. I wish to retain my anonymity for now, but I anticipate sharing more information in future weeks as I complete my recovery.” [Source]

This was another flown in already infected. Just found this that seems to be about the same person: Emory’s 3rd Ebola patient will be discharged soon

This is odd too...a mention of the fourth I hadn't seen before. Fourth Ebola patient arrives in the USA This may have been the now "third." And the fourth they referred to went to Nebraska.

There was also a fourth supposed to be sent to Emory about that time. I think it may have been another doctor, who they may have changed their mind about and sent to Nebraska instead, but am not sure about that.

There there are these stories:

4th US Ebola Patient Arrives From Sierra Leone for Treatment in Atlanta

Fourth American Ebola patient to fly to U.S. hospital for treatment

The story above leads a person to believe maybe Sacra was originally bound for Emory but went to Nebraska instead, but I dunno.

Third Ebola Patient To Be Treated At Emory University Hospital

Now some of this could just be sloppy reporting, and the "third" and "fourth" got jumbled but how many didn't know this? And are we really being told all? .

I have a few more ramblings about this topic here: Is there a Thomas Eric Duncan-Kent Brantly Connection? and in various other place I will attempt to summarize here tomorrow.

Check page 2 of this search: Google

(That is, if it works the same for you with filters and such...)

I think there's something pretty fishy going on here too...with the way everyone is flying around. I am beginning to believe it was out of control way before Duncan and that this is a cover up for people that were the real patient zeroes.

Also, another thing to ponder....

We have to get more tail numbers for Phoenix Air air ambulances. See this thread, particularly the last few posts: The Atlanta Ebola Plane

All thoughts welcome to help unravel this mess. Thanks!

ETA: Sacra went to Nebraska and so did the journalist, so depending on how many went to Emory prior to the Dallas situation, that make five brought in, probably by Phoenix Air, who now appear to be hiding its air ambulance tail numbers. And who was coincidentally awarded a $4.9M Department of State contract in September.

edit on 10/15/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Well, there's the ones we know about, and then there's:

flightradar

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I *think* the third in the U.S. was Sacra, sent to Nebraska. This patient is fourth over all in the U.S. (maybe..but who really knows?) and is third overall at Emory.
But FFS!? Since September 9th!?

Unreal.

And yeah, how many more, whether from W. Africa or otherwise?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
This "live" map from the NY Times indicates that 8 Ebola patients have been, or are being, treated in the USA.
Link: www.nytimes.com...
-cwm

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

I am attempting to collect the Phoenix Air air ambulance tail numbers. So far I have one and one that made the EXACT trip that the second nurse from Dallas made but Oct 14 (yesterday) not today as reported, but that tail number may not be an air ambulance, though it is Phoenix Air. Oddly, they hid the tail number on the nurse's flight today.

The same tail number that brought the first two patients to Emory just returned from Hawaii.

And now I'm wondering if they've made any trips to Missoula, MT.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Thanks. That helps. I'm sure some of this was faulty reporting, but with headlines (pre-Dallas) like "Third patient arrives in Atlanta" and "Fourth patient arrives in Atlanta" you start to wonder.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

If you ask the question "why lie about the timing?", in my mind it can only go back to either constructing a less offensive narrative of CDC handling OR a less worrisome timeline of her symptoms.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack
That's what I was thinking too. But with online news sources updating things in place and server times being off sometimes too, timestamps get wonky if they are not diligent, so it's so hard to really tell. But reporting at 4:19am today that she was here already was odd to me. Then the said she got here at around 7-something pm. Plus I think they knew she was bad yesterday too.

That flight made the exact trip yesterday. Might not be an air ambulance, may have simply been delivering some CDC personnel to Dallas, but I'm gonna question it until I'm satisfied

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

You are right... that is a lot of confusing information and hard to make sense of.

Am I the only one who thinks this sounds like a PR stunt written by the CDC:

“Given the national focus on Ebola, particularly with the diagnosis in two health care workers, I want to share the news that I am recovering from this disease, and that I anticipate being discharged very soon, free from the Ebola virus and able to return safely to my family and to my community. As a result of the virus, my condition worsened and I became critically ill soon after I arrived at Emory. Through rigorous medical treatment, skillful nursing, and the full support of a health care team, I am well on the way to a full recovery. I want the public to know that although Ebola is a serious, complex disease, it is possible to recover and return to a healthy life. I wish to retain my anonymity for now, but I anticipate sharing more information in future weeks as I complete my recovery.”

How convenient the patient is anonymous. Oh, but they expect to reveal their identity in the future (after auditions for the part?!) Oh I am just getting way too cynical!
edit on 10/16/2014 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

That is a really interesting point.

Reading the link that Lucidity provided, has really peeked my curiosity about who the mystery person could be. I wording does lean towards someone in the medical field IMO. Maybe some top official within the CDC? Maybe someone in government? Someone that would cause total panic if named?

Anyone "important" go MIA for a bit?

Or like you said New_Hear, someone yet to be cast.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
There will be MANY Ebola carriers sent here by ISIS. That "chatter" within their network is one of the things that prompted President Obama to cancel his campaign-related trips Wednesday evening.

I hope our country doesn't make the biggest mistake of all by waiting too long to seal the borders. Like the Secretary of Defense said, "ISIS/ISIL is far more CUNNING, SMART and EVIL than Al-Qaeda".

Now is the time to go all out against ISIS, or EBOLA will suddenly and "mysteriously" start appearing across this country. I wish we could make President Obama understand this. I'm hopeful that he is willing to do whatever is necessary to ensure that his children have a future, just like the rest of us are hoping for our little ones.
-cwm

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

One to many

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Great link. So the Spt. 9 Patient is a doctor. Lucidity's link says the doc was in Sierra Leone.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: signalfire

I am attempting to collect the Phoenix Air air ambulance tail numbers. So far I have one and one that made the EXACT trip that the second nurse from Dallas made but Oct 14 (yesterday) not today as reported, but that tail number may not be an air ambulance, though it is Phoenix Air. Oddly, they hid the tail number on the nurse's flight today.

The same tail number that brought the first two patients to Emory just returned from Hawaii.

And now I'm wondering if they've made any trips to Missoula, MT.

Trip to Missoula, MT??? Where does that fit in?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: wildoracle13
Missoula is one if the few sites in the U.S. equipped to handle patients wirh ebola (and other BSL4 diseases).

Just saw where they may be flying Pham to MD (NIH)...for vaccine trials or as a vaccine donor or something maybe? Hmmm.
edit on 10/16/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

join