It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a Thomas Eric Duncan-Kent Brantly Connection?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This is all I have to say for now. Why are the paths of this new "patient zero" and Kent Brantly so convergent?

1. Dr Kent Brantly lives in Ft Worth (35 minutes from Dallas) and sent family home to, presumably, Ft Worth at the end of July (around the 20th). Have they been back to DFW Airport since?

>>>>Infected African in Dallas.

2. Kent Brantly and family now in seclusion with his family in NC. I believe in Charlotte.

>>>>Infected African has ties to NC. In Kannapolis...31 minutes from Charlotte.

3. Kent Brantly travels to DC in mid-September (16th). Dulles Airport?

>>>>Infected African landed in Dulles in mid-September (19th).

4. Mid-September (11th) Kent Bradley flies to Nebraska to donate blood to third Brantly flew to Nebraska last week to donate his blood to use to treat Dr. Rick Sacra, Samaritan's Purse President and CEO Franklin Graham said. "He flew out from North Carolina to Nebraska to give a unit of blood," Graham said in an interview with NBC News. "His blood was a perfect match."
Why did he need to fly there? Couldn't they just ship the blood?

>>>>Keep and eye out to see what happens in Nebraska in regard to infected African patient. Maybe nothing. But why did Brantly have to fly there to give blood???

5. All of this happened around mid-September when Brantly testified in front of Congress and met the President and then the President flew to Atlanta to meet with the CDC. Shortly thereafter, Duncan arrived.

My point is, there are some very weird coincidences I am seeing here.

So yes, maybe I'm crazy and my research was fast, and debunk away, but I'm smelling what might be a scapegoat and maybe a coverup here. Breadcrumbs and more breadcrumbs.

Just some things to keep an eye on, remembering that they have said a "cured" patient can carry the virus in semen and perhaps other bodily fluids for weeks and weeks after.

And remember: "Ebola actually arrived on U.S. soil almost two months ago. That was when Emory Healthcare leaders decided — in a much-scrutinized move — to fly in a pair of missionaries who’d gotten ill treating Ebola patients in Africa."

I've been MIA, and you all may know this but the Dallas case is actually the fifth or sixth patient on U.S. soil. I guess sixth, if you count the one in Nebraska who Brantly donated blood to? Or is the one in Nebraska the fourth and didn't go to Emory after all? I'm a bit behind and confused, so bear with me on this part.

Just wanted to jot these thoughts down. Crazy as they may be.

ETA: Sorry for another ebola thread, but as there may be a forum soon...I figured why not jump in?
edit on 10/3/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
It does seem pretty wild that both Brantly and Duncan are in DFW.

I suppose some of it must have to do with the number of Liberians residing in the general area? Maybe there is a significant number in the DFW metroplex and Brantly heard of the plight if Liberia through them and so sought out an organization to work for that was aiding there?

Or it's a damn conspiracy. LOL! Or maybe just synchronicity? Regardless...hinky. If you want to get into real tinfoil-hattery and deep woo, Dallas is just about on the 33 parallel.
LOL!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Synchronicity...yeah...hmm. Now if anything develops in Nebraska (why did Brantly have to fly there to give blood?) and if this patient has an Atlanta connection....

Speaking of 33rd, have you been to the guidestones? Eerie place. Ha.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Just making a note. Maybe in DC: www.abovetopsecret.com...

(Where both Brantly and Duncan were.)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity
I didn't know about the Nebraska trip. Of course, why would the American public be informed about matters of life/death?
Great research with plenty to ponder. S&F

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: drwill

That trip was on September 11. The patient he gave blood to in Nebraska was release September, I believe, 23. And in between Brantly also traveled to DC.

I just find this all extremely weird. And if you ask me? Brantly still looks very sick.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Just making a note. Maybe in Atlanta: atlanta.cbslocal.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I'm guessing that Dr. Brantly personally flew to Nebraska because the two doctors worked for the same volunteer organization and Dr. Sacra had volunteered his services at the hospital when he learned Dr. Brantly got sick. Not to mention the whole compassion thing since Dr. Brantly knew exactly what Dr. Sacra was going through.

Although I will admit that there does seem to be quite an overlap between Dr. Brantly and Duncan's lives/travels.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Just documenting.

www.golocalprov.com...

The journalist is to be flown to Nebraska like the second doctor was. They are calling him the fourth, but I think he will be at least the sixth case, if not seventh, on U.S. soil.

There were three at Emory (one unknown name). The fourth the doctor in Nebraska. The fifth the man in Dallas. And now this, the sixth, also going to Nebraska. (I'm still confused about the number but think this is close.)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
www.wsbtv.com...

WSB (my company
just said the Atlanta man tested negative and that's what the announcement will be. Whew.

They also said they have not been able to verify the dude was even in Africa. I'm just glad they listened and followed protocol.

He is claiming he stopped in Nigeria...and that he was in DC too. Again, not verified yet.

ETA: Odd how they "knew" in less than 12 hours that they were sure this Atlanta dude didn't have ebola and yet it's been over 24 hours for at least one of the DC patients and no word yet.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfpint0701

I'm guessing that Dr. Brantly personally flew to Nebraska because the two doctors worked for the same volunteer organization and Dr. Sacra had volunteered his services at the hospital when he learned Dr. Brantly got sick. Not to mention the whole compassion thing since Dr. Brantly knew exactly what Dr. Sacra was going through.

Although I will admit that there does seem to be quite an overlap between Dr. Brantly and Duncan's lives/travels.

True they were colleagues, but still...a still very frail looking man flies all the way to Nebraska while in seclusion away from his own home to donate blood? I just don't know about that.

And yes about the overlap. I'll just keep watching and looking. The NC connection to Duncan is what really made me say, "Hmm...." and start looking.

At the moment, I'm going with coverup.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Great research OP! What intrigues me is that Duncan appears to be the only member of his family not residing in the US. Why would he chose to stay back in Liberia when even his children and mother were living here? Odd.

Also found from one of your links an interesting tidbit...his nephew in North Carolina, not Dallas, called the CDC. The nephew also stated the purpose of Duncan's visit was to see his son graduate from college...this time of year? Odd also.

link: www.wral.com...

you may just be on to something as the story and path crossing of Duncan and Brantley seem just too odd and coincidental.
ETA: sorry that wasn't one of you links

edit on 3-10-2014 by megabogie because: mistake

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: megabogie

Hey. Thanks. More observation than research at this point, I'm afraid. I tried to find out how Brantly got to DC (airline/airport) but no joy. Just something to watch.

It was odd that the NC nephew called. And the fuzzy stories around Duncan too. But that could just be the early reporting of inaccuracies syndrome. There is definitely more to all this than we know.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I am fairly certain Duncan knew he contracted ebola.
Liberia is so overrun with patients, they neglect medical emergency calls on purpose. So overrun, they can only accept patients in ambulances (hence the fact they neglect EMS calls). If I had family in a country with the amount health care that America does, I could honestly tell you I would do what he did.

Hop on a plane before I could possibly show symptoms.
Lie about my contacts.
Access full health care, which is beyond imaginable in Africa.

I was born in Presbyterian, the hospital that initially turned away Duncan, and isolated him after his testing positive (after days of failing to screen him properly). Presbyterian is no joke, most likely the best hospital in DFW (top ten most populated cities in America, FYI). I will not deny the extreme mishandling of this case, especially the lack of hazmat teams capable to clean out the apartment, which was JUST cleaned out today. NO ONE WAS PREPARED FOR THIS IN DALLAS, WHO IS THERE TO BLAME? More than 4 days after he started showing symptoms, Duncan was reported puking profusely outside of the apartment he was staying at, before entering the ambulance, and then the ambulance was in service all day long. Dogs have been shown to carry the disease without showing symptoms, and with the capability of spreading ebola to humans, according to cdc (although a relatively low percentage). I'm curious how many dogs ate that vomit. This is not mentioning rats ( or cats), which patrol the American sewage system, which Duncan no doubtedly relieved himself in and flushed the Ebola away. Africa does not have sewage systems like ours, as I am sure anyone here can imagine.

The fact that, quite simply, America does not know how to truly handle a disease like this is the most frightening aspect. For America to say that they have this under control, and will have this under control, is absurd. There's is NO evidence to support the claim that there is control over the situation, in Africa or Dallas.

This being said, I don't think this will be a very large "outbreak," 50 max at the end of it all. I will admit I am largely interested, simply because Ebola is on my doorstep. Like a JFK in my life line. That one f-ed up situation in the big D.

wwwnc.cdc.gov...

youtu.be...

edit on 4-10-2014 by kukywan because: cuz foo

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: kukywan

They really did get blindsided. The positive spin on this, I guess, is that it uncovered some huge gaps in a situation that is still relatively contained and we can learn from their missteps early on and communicate to everyone how to fix the procedures so that we can all do better should this escalate.

As to your 50 number, they actually, officially scaled it down (from previously reported 80-100) to that.

U.S. defends Ebola response, about 50 under observation

Also, one of the two suspected cases in DC turns out to be malaria, so that a positive too.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Just documenting. Now the doc who recovered in Nebraska, release September 25 or so, has had a relapse or something in Massachusetts.

Former Ebola Patient Admitted To UMass

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Just documenting again. www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Spanish nurse took care of both priests who died? I wonder which one she picked it up from. Yes, the 11 days is within the 7-21 day period, but Is it possible that it was from the first priest in August? That they are wrong about the infectious/contagious/latency period?

And this www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why are they takiing the workers back to so many places? Why not take them to one central site away from Africa and focus the efforts of care and curing?

U.S., Spain, Norway, I've lost track of how many other places they have flown this virus to.
edit on 10/7/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
They killed the dog

So now Brantly donated blood to the journalist in Nebraska.

I guess he wasn't the same blood type as Duncan? Could they not find someone of the same blood type for Duncan?

This is seriously weird.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Adding a note.

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
www.wsoctv.com...

Boone, NC

A patient who had recently traveled to a foreign country showed up at a Boone hospital with a fever, according to the Appalachian Regional Healthcare System.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I'm throwing in another little weird coincidence: Nancy Writebol (the other missionary who assisted Brantley) lives in Charlotte, NC. And so does Duncan's family.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join