It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific Study Reveals Conspiracy Theorists The Most Sane Of All!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008
a reply to: pl3bscheese

The actual study makes no conclusion that conspiracy theorists are more sane, or thinking more critically.

Sure it does. Conspiracist think in broad enough terms to know that swallowing the "Official Story" isn't prudent given the blatantly obvious misinformation that make up those official stories.

Best. Reply. Ever.

OG

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

No, it does not. It actually makes a good case that conspiracy theorists are at best, equally of unsound reasoning capacities. I think it goes further than this.

If anyone bothers to actually read the study I linked, there will be glaring evidence to back up that last paragraph.

I'm out of this thread, the cult will attempt to eat me alive!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
a reply to: Witness2008

No, it does not. It actually makes a good case that conspiracy theorists are at best, equally of unsound reasoning capacities. I think it goes further than this.

If anyone bothers to actually read the study I linked, there will be glaring evidence to back up that last paragraph.

I'm out of this thread, the cult will attempt to eat me alive!

Did you even read the 10 page study? It would appear that you did not. Do come back now, ya hear?

OG

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

I read your link. Read the whole study. It seems that the world is getting smarter, I suppose thinking on ones own might have something to do with it. Conspiracists seem to out number those conventional thinkers.

From your link

Of the 2174 comments collected, 1459 were coded as conspiracist and 715 as conventionalist. The four news websites did not contribute equally to the sample, with 65 comments in 15 threads coming from ABC News, 632 in 29 threads from CNN, 1006 in 64 threads from the Daily Mail, and 471 in 27 threads from the Independent. Nevertheless, each site had approximately the same proportions of conspiracist and conventionalist comments—specifically, about twice as many conspiracist comments as conventionalist: for ABC, 21 conventionalist and 44 conspiracist; for CNN, 218 conventionalist and 414 conspiracist; for the Daily Mail, 330 conventionalist and 676 conspiracist; and for the Independent, 146 conventionalist and 325 conspiracist;

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: OrionsGem

The study also mentioned the fact that the conspiracy minded were less hostile.

Conventionalist comments (M = 2.08, SD = 1.02) were significantly more hostile than conspiracist comments

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

As an industrial psychologist I can sell ice to Eskimos. Statistics can be made to say anything. Vast majority of conspiracy theorist I interviewed as a behavioral Therapist were schizophrenic or had extreme personalty disorders.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Expected this to be a comedy thread. Oh well.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ramcheck

Same here. I got a good laugh from the article. The very tone of it was as far from scientific as you can get.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
If we were to remove the actual crazies we would be taken more seriously.

Nobody will take any group seriously if the loudest ones are screaming: "the grass isn't real! It's synthetic spyware used by the government! Those evil lizard secret society people are targeting me specifically because I'm so special!!! Deny Ignorance stupid SHEEPLE"

I personally believe most of us are critical thinkers and more aware of our surroundings.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jenisiz

Same here. I got a good laugh from the article. The very tone of it was as far from scientific as you can get.

How about focusing on the study that the article was written about? This thread was not designed to amuse you. If you dislike what you see, please feel free to shovel dreck elsewhere.

Thanks!

OG

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: theyknowwhoyouare
If we were to remove the actual crazies we would be taken more seriously.

Nobody will take any group seriously if the loudest ones are screaming: "the grass isn't real! It's synthetic spyware used by the government! Those evil lizard secret society people are targeting me specifically because I'm so special!!! Deny Ignorance stupid SHEEPLE"

I personally believe most of us are critical thinkers and more aware of our surroundings.

Yea its the crazy tin foil hat wearing ones who discredit the entire CT community...problem is that even the title CT is a mockery of individuals searching for the truth..

OG

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure we run the spectrum of the rampantly insane to the totally sane.

But yay

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Yes! Finally! I have been proven sane after all!

Surely the sand people didn't have you second guessing yourself?
SnF

To the sand people

At ten YO I saw thru the assassinations of the sixties clear as bell.
The sand people scouffed and fought to believe the lies.

All the way to 911 I knew the sickness was still in DC and it finally
did raise it's ugly head again on that day. I saw it and still the sand
people divided us.

Then came the Obamination of Desolation and it was so easy to see
by then. Aurora, Sandy Hook, Boston and disappearing passenger jets.

The sand people refused the obvious and still looked for anything to
explain away the truth of a manipulated reality. The sand people
would ask, 'What is the point of it all," if this is what is truly happening?

Well we had no answer at the time and this allowed the sand people
solice.

But now the answer to their question is clear. And as I've said all along
it isn't a comet, or planet, or aliens we have to worry about. We are the
doom and now look. To die according to what they are trying to do?
By ebola? A comet would have been a blessing.

So you sand people now have your answer. All the past BS was leading
somewhere wasn't it? Or maybe the crap still isn't piled up high enough
for you, sand people?

Sand people I give you the ebola crown. The ass hat of jewels.
And you wear it well. Now go and burry it in the sand because,
that's what you do.

We are at war with our govt. And I don't like it anymore than anyone else.
But it's just not about our likes is it?

edit on Rpm101514v252014u23 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jenisiz

The tone of it? Did you check out the references listed at the bottom of the publication? The study certainly applied scientific, or better yet, institutionalized method.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Conspire to be a thinker...
We are here because we think and choose not to believe things at face value.
Because of that most of us are ahead of the masses as they are asleep while we... think and question
edit on 15-10-2014 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrionsGem

originally posted by: Domo1
Link

It's from Natural News so I immediately distrust but will read it when I have time.

Nope, that is not where I found this article. I have updated the OP with a proper link.

Not sure why you bring up natural news, as this is not where the OP was taken from, also here is a link to the latest official study done on conspiracy theorists:www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

OG

The reason he brought up Naturaul News is because at the bottom of the OP article page it says.

Written by J. D. Heyes of www.naturalnews.com

Your article is just a reprint from them. I looked through the rest of the links and it seems to me J. D. Heyes took some extreme liberties in coming to his conclusions as to what actual studies actually said but who cares that it is NN right as long as it says what you hope it says.

Here is the quoted link from your OP now just scroll to the end of that article to see who wrote it.

(forgot the LINK)

Thoughts?

OG

edit on 15-10-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

It was written by a writer of Natural News.

I wasn't attempting to derail you, just provide a link. It was still the exact same story, only it was from the source.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Ha! You beat me to it.

There are some very extreme liberties.
edit on 1520141020141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

With any of life's cults such as religion, politics, medicine, you will get the Jim Joneses, Duke Cunninghams and Walter Freemans (the ice pick lobotomy doctor). The world of the open minded is also fair game for the more eccentric.

I am very proud of my open and inquisitive mind. And if the more insecure and closed minded feel safer referring to me as a conspiracy theorist, go for it.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

With any of life's cults such as religion, politics, medicine, you will get the Jim Joneses, Duke Cunninghams and Walter Freemans (the ice pick lobotomy doctor). The world of the open minded is also fair game for the more eccentric.

I am very proud of my open and inquisitive mind. And if the more insecure and closed minded feel safer referring to me as a conspiracy theorist, go for it.

Id have to agree

OG

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join