It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific Study Reveals Conspiracy Theorists The Most Sane Of All!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Why is that in your mind an extreme liberty?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Actually it's not! I quoted the wrong thing.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Study says conspiracy theorist are sane?

Dadgummit!!

There goes any chances of me getting a gub'ment check!
edit on 15-10-2014 by occrest because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: occrest
Study says conspiracy theorist are sane?

Dadgummit!!

There goes any chances of me getting a gub'ment check!

I don't know about that. I would think that if I were to go to say someone like an industrial psychologist and started ranting about 911 and vaccines I may very well be deemed schizophrenic, and handed a monthly check just to shut me up and keep me out of the work force.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I am a conspiracy realist. Except being realistic is highly subjective nowadays. People tend to disagree just for the sake of not agreeing, jealous to admit the other is right or had a better idea than them. I guess that's the point though, having ones own reality. Finding common ground is the true test of nature...symbiosis.

I try to break a train of thought by coming up with as many different conclusions and as many different reasons or motives for getting there. Always at war with myself. And yet, I feel perfectly at peace. Limitless perspectives.

“A popular Government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy or perhaps both. Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives.” — James Madison

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
I am a conspiracy realist. Except being realistic is highly subjective nowadays. People tend to disagree just for the sake of not agreeing, jealous to admit the other is right or had a better idea than them. I guess that's the point though, having ones own reality. Finding common ground is the true test of nature...symbiosis.

I try to break a train of thought by coming up with as many different conclusions and as many different reasons or motives for getting there. Always at war with myself. And yet, I feel perfectly at peace. Limitless perspectives.

“A popular Government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy or perhaps both. Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives.” — James Madison

I think you just described me to a T.

Good post

OG

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

originally posted by: rickymouse
What a bummer. Now they are saying that I am sane? I don't want to be considered normal, that is so boring.

You will still be looked upon as conspiracy theorist by those who are not. Nothing will change.

As long as everyone here thinks I am nuts, I will be satisfied I guess.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: OrionsGem

This is how I feel about posting on ATS. Nothing personal...I'm still figuring myself out.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

That's interesting. Though I always found way too much research goes behind most of those conspiracies for the people investigating them to be completely crazy

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Jenisiz

As an industrial psychologist I can sell ice to Eskimos. Statistics can be made to say anything. Vast majority of conspiracy theorist I interviewed as a behavioral Therapist were schizophrenic or had extreme personalty disorders.

sure you can, that doesn't mean squat.
some of them are just as lazy as the rest of people are.
a lot easier to pour a bag of ice over that whale and seal blubber in the cooler than to chop blocks out of the ice pack.

edit on 15-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Here is what I think is going on here: There are those who always believe everything they're told, and they lack critical thinking skills to a large extent. Then there are those conspiracy theorists who do not believe anything they're told, and these people also lack certain critical thinking skills...Then there are those people who do not accept anything at face value when it does not make sense. These are the people who have common sense and who have decent critical thinking skills. The first two types I mentioned are one in the same for the most part, both fanatical to a certain extent, and both ignoring the true evidence that is available. One ignores the evidence by believing the official story, the other ignores the evidence by believing everything against the official story. Neither is the way to go. So I like sitting on the fence and viewing both sides, because it increases the chance that I will end up on the correct side when I decide to come off. But I am also ready to get back on the fence, crawling to the other side if necessary. Certainty is a tricky thing, and should require a certain amount of evidence. Questioning something, without necessary believing one thing or the other, is also a great thing imo, as it ensures that you gather enough data to make an accurate determination.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
Here is what I think is going on here: There are those who always believe everything they're told, and they lack critical thinking skills to a large extent. Then there are those conspiracy theorists who do not believe anything they're told, and these people also lack certain critical thinking skills...Then there are those people who do not accept anything at face value when it does not make sense.

These are the people who have common sense and who have decent critical thinking skills. The first two types I mentioned are one in the same for the most part, both fanatical to a certain extent, and both ignoring the true evidence that is available. One ignores the evidence by believing the official story, the other ignores the evidence by believing everything against the official story. Neither is the way to go. So I like sitting on the fence and viewing both sides, because it increases the chance that I will end up on the correct side when I decide to come off.

But I am also ready to get back on the fence, crawling to the other side if necessary. Certainty is a tricky thing, and should require a certain amount of evidence. Questioning something, without necessary believing one thing or the other, is also a great thing imo, as it ensures that you gather enough data to make an accurate determination.

I agree with your post, but I just want to remind you, paragraphs are your friend! See above for ideal word spacing.

OG

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
What a bummer. Now they are saying that I am sane? I don't want to be considered normal, that is so boring.

Not normal, sane. In a world defined by insanity you are decidedly abnormal.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

Unless I completely missed it reading the study, sanity wasn't ever mentioned.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Fess up already, you didnt read anything

PS:Why did you erase your initial post?

OG
edit on 10-15-2014 by OrionsGem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Yes! Finally! I have been proven sane after all!

Surely the sand people didn't have you second guessing yourself?
SnF

To the sand people

At ten YO I saw thru the assassinations of the sixties clear as bell.
The sand people scouffed and fought to believe the lies.

All the way to 911 I knew the sickness was still in DC and it finally
did raise it's ugly head again on that day. I saw it and still the sand
people divided us.

Then came the Obamination of Desolation and it was so easy to see
by then. Aurora, Sandy Hook, Boston and disappearing passenger jets.

The sand people refused the obvious and still looked for anything to
explain away the truth of a manipulated reality. The sand people
would ask, 'What is the point of it all," if this is what is truly happening?

Well we had no answer at the time and this allowed the sand people
solice.

But now the answer to their question is clear. And as I've said all along
it isn't a comet, or planet, or aliens we have to worry about. We are the
doom and now look. To die according to what they are trying to do?
By ebola? A comet would have been a blessing.

So you sand people now have your answer. All the past BS was leading
somewhere wasn't it? Or maybe the crap still isn't piled up high enough
for you, sand people?

Sand people I give you the ebola crown. The ass hat of jewels.
And you wear it well. Now go and burry it in the sand because,
that's what you do.

We are at war with our govt. And I don't like it anymore than anyone else.
But it's just not about our likes is it?

AWESOME REPLY, filled with more awesomeness, and a star for you!

OG

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Yes, critical thinking is usually considered sane.
tetra

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

That's what I get for trying to pick-nits as humor I guess. Fair enough.

Funny thing how most psychologists don't like to throw around words like "sane" or "insane" too much. The point is the ability to be rational; part of that is critical thinking. Critical thinkers investigate for themselves, question givens, and certainly question propaganda.

There. I picked your nit even more.

Good grief.
edit on 15-10-2014 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Oh but I did. If you can point out an instance where in the study they mentioned conspiracy theorists being more sane than conventionalists I would like to see it. There's a very good chance that I missed it, it was a rather dry read.

I erased it because for a brief moment I thought that the source wasn't Natural News and didn't want to derail the thread or be rude.

For anyone wondering, I linked to the original article and said that I had a hard time trusting anything from Natural News, but that when I had time I would read the study (paraphrased).

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

There. I picked your nit even more.

In the future if you could pick more than one I would be appreciative. I don't wand to break out the Rid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join