It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital has tested positive for Ebola

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ripcontrol
Has anyone heard when(or if) they are charging Duncan's family with attempted murder charges?

Their actions have lead to the possibility of an American epidemic?

I would go for the death penalty because of the potential death that might stack up from this.. Keep in mind they HID an infected person and went about their business like nothing was wrong..

Do you think the Death penalty would be appropriate in this case?

oh of course not.
last i heard they were trying to get paid.
you know. duncan was black so he got a lower level of care

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
Well we know what the American thing to do is, quarantine Dallas. You brought it on yourselves, you wanted clksed borders and tighter controls. Enjoy the first American prison city.

And to think, if only we had closed our borders to Belgium no one would have gotten Ebola.

Panic city!

Violate a populations civil rights?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Has anyone heard when(or if) they are charging Duncan's family with attempted murder charges?

That is the freaking least of our worries at this point in time.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
This is just heartbreaking, Oh I feel so very sad for her family and friends and pets, not to mention that she is a Nurse who dedicated her life to helping others.

It was NOT her fault.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

A dedicated Air support that evacuates the sick back to their country of origin?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Ebola not very contagious
Ebola is actually difficult to catch. People are at risk if they come into very close contact with the blood, saliva, sweat, feces, semen, vomit or soiled clothing of an Ebola patient, or if they travel to affected areas in West Africa and come into contact with someone who has Ebola.

My favorite part of that article. CLEARLY IT IS DIFFICULT TO CATCH!
And they need to stop cushioning the blow so to speak. It is a HIGHLY contagious, completely awful horrible painful virus. Why are we not taking every precaution known to man?

edit on 12-10-2014 by alishainwonderland because: !

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

thank you..

it is exactly the thought lines I was on

link   
a reply to: loam

And here's where it gets confusing. Dr Varga says the infected nurse was from the low-risk pool. And we knew from previous pressers etc that the "pool" was 48 people.

But in the same video, at just after the 4:20 mark, the Judge says:
"The forty-eight that we've been monitoring remain asymptomatic and without fever."

...meaning that the nurse was not one of those 48 in the low-risk pool.

Talk about giving us confusing signals. And that's from two "officials" during the same press conference!

So how do we know who to trust?

edit on 12/10/14 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

In relationship to that question, made no sense whatsoever. But what it reveals is he had that canned statement in preparation for when it might be useful. He just used it at the wrong time.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: alishainwonderland

Profit and population control?

The rich get richer in times of war and plague. Defense stocks are at an all time high, probably the same for anyone with worthwhile Ebola drugs. Whoever makes a cure/vaccine is in for the bank, and in the meantime the poor are likely to have the highest rates of infection and death.

Go Capitalism. YAY!

USA! USA!

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

I don't understand how a person in direct contact with an ebola patient can be considered low risk.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl
I call BS on the "breach of protocol" thing as well. Same thing they did to the nurse in Spain. It seems that people would be less spooked if Ebola were just presented factually and everyone knew what they have to deal with. Proactive rather than reactive.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

My bet is there is a delineation between direct physical contact and mere presence.

Obviously they need to rethink that delineation.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

it doesn't matter what protective gear they wear. it's when they TAKE IT OFF that is the issue.

I agree. Nancy Writebol worked decontamination. She assisted medical staff, helped them suit up/remove contaminated gear. She's still not sure how she contracted it, could've been from infected staff but I suspect a misstep in the decontamination procedure.

It's reported the Spanish nurse was exposed while removing her PPE. If the gloves are attached to the suit when the hands are removed the gloves could flop around, hit you in the face. Maybe a one-piece suit accessed from the back would be better.

A decontamination team should undress medical staff while a spotter observes from the side lines just in case. I'd want to be stripped naked, sprayed with an ebola killing solution and then shower. No street clothes/shoes should be allowed under PPE either.

What worries me is when Ebola starts taking medical workers/facilities/essential services out of commission. Staff shortages will invite mistakes/accidents.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ripcontrol
I seriously hope you are being sarcastic or something.

Mr Duncan went to hospital on Thurs night Sept 25, because he felt sick. He told them he'd come from Liberia. He was examined and then they sent him home.

And you're saying the family "hid an infected person and went about their business like nothing was wrong"? Did you forget about the above? Did you also forget that they called for an ambulance for him on the Sunday (the 28th), and so he finally got admitted?

Did you forget that the CDC only knew about the case because a family member called them? The hospital were not the first to inform the CDC, the family was!

If anyone has been hiding anything, it's not been the family.

Right now, it's the family that are being hidden -- on the orders of the CDC!

edit on 12/10/14 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: k3d59

I've said this elsewhere:

This administration is tripping all over themselves to prevent panic protect outcomes for the November elections.

THAT is the real conspiracy here.

If public panic now ensues, it will be concurrent with the loss of government credibility.

COMPLETE MORONS.

Even a public health crisis has now been politicized by this administration. Disgusting.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Their actions have lead to the possibility of an American epidemic?

I would go for the death penalty because of the potential death that might stack up from this.. Keep in mind they HID an infected person and went about their business like nothing was wrong..

Do you think the Death penalty would be appropriate in this case?

It's going to hard to get a conviction after they're all dead from Obola.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas
Neither do I. It does my head in.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

I think the media is going to do a dandy job keeping people from panicking and to get out there and shop for the Holidays. They will most likely focus on a shortage of flu vaccines in the meantime.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
double post
edit on 12-10-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join