It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital has tested positive for Ebola

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Haven't read the whole thread, I admit. I will now.

So a second case, assumed from his first trip to the hospital, and isn't this just day, what, 18?

You have probably figured it out by now but she caught it from his second visit to the hospital and was wearing full protective gear.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas

He is a Health care worker. He touches many sick people every day, some with open wounds. I think it is more likely that he has infected somebody else, too.

You know, part of that is a really good point. This is a healthcare worker who comes in contact with several people every day. When this nurse treated the first Ebola victim, he/she was in a full contamination suit.

What if this nurse didn't get it from the first Ebola victim.... What if this nurse got it from someone else who came into the hospital?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: mrsdudara

originally posted by: Hellas

He is a Health care worker. He touches many sick people every day, some with open wounds. I think it is more likely that he has infected somebody else, too.

You know, part of that is a really good point. This is a healthcare worker who comes in contact with several people every day. When this nurse treated the first Ebola victim, he/she was in a full contamination suit.

What if this nurse didn't get it from the first Ebola victim.... What if this nurse got it from someone else who came into the hospital?

Well, that would be a game changer!! Good thinkin'!

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: Vanguarde

What is that "Pandora" reference?

I'm sure we are all very eager for more clarity and details. If you are being serious.

Without a doubt ... one of the most chilling things I've ever read on these boards. Will have to see what happens tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: mrsdudara

Then "Houston we have a problem" or should I say Dallas.

Either way the whole handling of Ebola is very questionable at best.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
To repeat a previous poster;
If a nurse could catch it knowing all the protocols, then his family should be infected also by now.

Doesn't it stand to reason?

And if they aren't infected, then why not?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Another question, how soon she got infected, after the initial Mr. Duncan, where is Mr. Duncan family members and how are they doing, because they were in more direct contact and longer than the Nurse with him.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Nice new Avatar.
The other one kinda freaked me out.

And I thought rabbits knew nothing about calcium supplements.

Maybe it will help with Ebola.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
i didn't read though all the pages but my theory is that it doesn't matter what protective gear they wear. it's when they TAKE IT OFF that is the issue. they can't just leave the room and strip and throw the gear away. if they do that then their skin comes in contact with contaminated gear. they have to be completely doused in disinfectant EVERY TIME they leave the room and BEFORE they remove the gear. i'm quite sure that is not how they do it. anyone know if there are decontamination rooms outside of each isolation room??

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus
Wow this is really bad! So considering it was at the same hospital as Duncan, was it someone who was treating him then?? Maybe now they will realise hazmat gear is NOT going to help them from being infected. This is bad i really hope that person hasn't been going about their daily life spreading it!

It'd because that nasty virus can mutate.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl
Thank you.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Link to full 35 minute CDC briefing; Dr. Frieden is READING his commentary; note the robotic speech patterns and lack of 'umms' that are normal when someone is thinking of the right thing to say. Not that he wouldn't have prepared remarks but they are just repeating what's been said before, very, very, very carefully...

CDC feed

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
a reply to: thesmokingman

It is only spread when they are showing symptoms.....again, only when showing symptoms.

So what exactly are those symptom(s) ?

What is the very first symptom to surface that indicates the person is now officially contagious ?

A headache ?
A sweat droplet from the brow ?
A slight warmish feeling ?
A sore pinky finger ?
What ?

Do you steer clear of anyone with rosy cheeks ?
Clammy hands ?
Oily skin ?
An eye twitch ?

What is the very first indicator that the person you're standing next to in the grocery aisle has become contagious with the ebola virus, whilst you're about to use the same debit card key pad that they just used ?

Enquiring minds need to know.

Thank you.

A high grade fever, severe headache, muscle pain, weakness, diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain......nuses know the symptoms.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire
During the short Q&A, he exhibited tell-tale signs of a liar.
I can't help but wonder if the "questions" were screened and pre-approved.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Vanguarde

All good but for one thing. I'd say the invoked protocol gamma321 a lot sooner than Duncan. They probably did it before they brought the first cases to the U.S. That was the turning point. And those people may well still be contagious are the real U.S. patient zeroes. Wolves in sheeps' clothing.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Has anyone heard when(or if) they are charging Duncan's family with attempted murder charges?

Their actions have lead to the possibility of an American epidemic?

I would go for the death penalty because of the potential death that might stack up from this.. Keep in mind they HID an infected person and went about their business like nothing was wrong..

Do you think the Death penalty would be appropriate in this case?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ripcontrol

If you knowingly have active AIDS/HIV and conduct yourself in a manner that infects others, you can be charged.

Good observation.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Would just like to remind everyone this healthcare worker was part of the LOW RISK pool.

@10:15

Think about that for a moment.

They look very worried to me in this press conference.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Well we know what the American thing to do is, quarantine Dallas. You brought it on yourselves, you wanted clksed borders and tighter controls. Enjoy the first American prison city.

And to think, if only we had closed our borders to Belgium no one would have gotten Ebola.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

"...to be anymore specific that that would be speculating? "Are you kidding me? Did he really say that?
edit on 10/12/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join