It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital has tested positive for Ebola

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: Hellas

My bet is there is a delineation between direct physical contact and mere presence.

Obviously they need to rethink that delineation.

With a highly lethal virus like Ebola, you'd think they would take it a bit more serious. I couldn't care less about their
movie-like lines "breach in protocol" etc. This is not Tom Cruise with SFX. Nobody takes them seriously, except some flag waving idiots who think the US is the measure of all things!

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Hiding? from what? the last time I heard they are very busy creating a case against the state of Texas in the name of Mr. Duncan death.

Soo, it seems to me, that either they are not infected at all or in not hurry to get infected if they are busy working on a law sue.

Soo, a nurse that cared for him got sick in the hospital, but the people that slept with him that lived with him, seems to be doing just fine.

Anybody have a any news about the family state of health, all I can find is their law sue talks.

edit on 12-10-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

BUT:

Obama: You Can't Get Ebola 'Sitting Next to Someone on a Bus'

If the President doesn't take it all that seriously, why should we? /sarcasm

edit on 12-10-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

And for what I see right now coming from the family, neither sleeping with the sick and infected.

Something is definitely wrong with the picture.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

A side note but it is very important

1) family would have to appear

What they did was a crime..

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

Nice post.
I notice you are new here. Welcome aboard, sir.

Lastly what happens when the flights keep coming and higher percentge of the hot zone in africa are mixed in here and there.

Good question...
There is at least one congressional representative that wants to address this issue.

House Homeland Security Chairman Michael McCaul called again Sunday for barring entry into the United States for people from countries wresting with the Ebola epidemic in West Africa.

“We need to target more the individual themselves and look at the idea of potentially temporarily suspending the 13,000 visas that would be coming out of this region,” the Austin Republican told CBS’ Face the Nation.

source

Those 13,000 visas in the pipeline need to be suspended and/or revoked today.

I don't believe the bungling of these ebola cases in Dallas has been intentional; just poor decision making by the authorities from the 24th of September onward. As many others have stated, this hospital was not, and still is not capable of dealing safely with a level IV contagion. Duncan should have been transferred to Emory, Nebraska, NIH, etc immediately, and Texas Pres. Hospital scrubbed top to bottom--including all exposed HCW and contacts.

I have a dumb question...does Purell (or any generic hand sanitizer) kill ebola? Bleach, yes. Soap and hot water, yes?

While grocery shopping yesterday, I had the hibbie jibbies & this was before I'd learned of this 2nd case. I was just freaking out about all of the germs around me---and I am definitely not a germaphobe.

This is bad. Yikes.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

BUT:

Obama: You Can't Get Ebola 'Sitting Next to Someone on a Bus'

If the President doesn't take it all that seriously, why should we? /sarcasm

Where's the Hero now? Maybe he's to busy playing Chess with Baghdadi to visit Dallas.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I've been thinking about that.

If after the 21 day window elapses and none of them get it, there may be a possibility that they were naturally resistant to the disease. I've seen estimates that as many as 15% of the West African population may have a natural immunity.

True Westerners, not likely to be as lucky. Think Spaniards and the Indians in the new world, for example.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neysa
A more complete video.

They won't discuss the timeline of events for this case because of the "protected nature" of it ? Are they lying about the timeline ?

And there is a pet involved in the nurse's apartment ? Tell me they're not going to just kill it like the one in Spain ! Many reasons not to.

And yes, I agree this time. The officials giving the news conference did look extremely unnerved, and had a hard time conveying thoughts and speaking, kind of like the wind was knocked out of them.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

We should also revoke the citizenship and rights of the 1.26 million in the Dallas area, just to be safe.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Can We Trust Authorities

Now would be a good time for some "transparency." DFW is not really a hot-bed of radical politics so the tone of this article must be a little Unsettling to the power structure in Texas.

edit on 12-10-2014 by k3d59 because: Edited to correct link display

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

How about closing the darn border, that is more productive.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Thorneblood

That would also mean the same for Dallas since they all have the potential to be infected, right?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
a reply to: ripcontrol
I seriously hope you are being sarcastic or something.

Mr Duncan went to hospital on Thurs night Sept 25, because he felt sick. He told them he'd come from Liberia. He was examined and then they sent him home.

And you're saying the family "hid an infected person and went about their business like nothing was wrong"? Did you forget about the above? Did you also forget that they called for an ambulance for him on the Sunday (the 28th), and so he finally got admitted?

Did you forget that the CDC only knew about the case because a family member called them? The hospital were not the first to inform the CDC, the family was!

If anyone has been hiding anything, it's not been the family.

Right now, it's the family that are being hidden -- on the orders of the CDC!

He came from an infected area
He knew he had helped a woman who died from the disease

His family DID NOT call the cops on him the second he arrived from the area.. Nor after they were told where he was at..
The family's behavior indicates knowledge of the events.. (did you remember they had to be ORDERED to stay in their home.. They showed no remorse over endangering the DFW metroplex.. They only cared about themselves)

His family also did not make it clear when he walked into the hospital.. (hey this man came from an infected area.. Handled an infected person.. He now has the symptoms..)

Did they get a second opinion? Stand up and yell at the doctors?

Truth is he came over here to improve the odds he would survive with american free medicine.. Now we have a mess

The family is also facing technically a civil suit
Millions of tax dollars are being spent because of their greed and dangerous behaviors..

As for the CDC.. I have no problem with them being arrested and tossed in jail.. Just store em with the Ebola patients as they come in.. Should be no problem right.. They know the protocols..

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

HAHAHAHAHAHA
erm...Sorry, but that's never going to happen.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Your the second person to mention that.. You are also correct

Keep in mind I am in the area..

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I too think we should just close all the texas borders, cut it off entirely before the disease spreads.
Think of the savings! We can finally build Texas that big wall they have always wanted!

Ironic five anyone?
edit on 12-10-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

As for the CDC.. I have no problem with them being arrested and tossed in jail.. Just store em with the Ebola patients as they come in.. Should be no problem right.. They know the protocols..

edit on 10/8/2014 by blackcatmagic because: none

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: stellawayten
I want to see Duncan's family. Bring them out and prove to me they aren't sick. I don't see how they couldn't be!

But I don't know why they would hide their sickness. The family members were the most likely candidates for getting the virus, and the CDC admitted as much. They didn't hide the fact that this nurse got infected, and she was not as likely a candidate because she had access to all the protection. You would think she would be the one they want to hide, as people are freaking out that she had protection and still got it.

Because the media would notice if a nurse gets taken away when all of her friends and family spoke up. They were not prepared for this. She was not one of the 48 they were monitoring.

The family has already been hidden away. No one will ever know what's going on with them.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

The point I was trying to make is that no-one is allowed to know where this family is and we haven't seen hide nor hair of them in the past several days. They are effectively being hidden. We have no idea if they are infected or not.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join