It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video showing the killing of Alan Henning, the British aid worker being held hostage by Isis, has be

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
BTW... before any Christians start posting on here about how wrong I am, please feel free to travel to Syria with a box full of bibles and try to change those peoples minds.

I wish you all the luck in the world.... but remember one thing before you go:

It's really really difficult to sing Kum Ba Yah with your new found friends when your head is detached from the rest of your body.
edit on R382014-10-03T21:38:35-05:00k3810Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

I see the round up of their family's happening in the near future. I have no problem with it. People change when there mother is being executed.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

As you are well entitled to your religious perspective, why do you see it relevant to make that viewpoint an issue when addressing ISIS and this video ?

edit on 3-10-2014 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Max_TO

As you are well entitled to your religious perspective, why do you see it relevant to make that viewpoint an issue when addressing ISIS and this video ?

Because it is impossible to separate ISIS from religion. If it weren't for religion, we wouldnt even be talking about ISIS right now.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

In my opinion, people like this would still find some justification to continue their barbaric acts, wether it be religious or not .

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Max_TO

That may be very true.... but ISIS is claiming everything they do in the name of religion. You can't separate the two when talking about ISIS.

That would be like trying to talk about the crusades and not talk about religion.

People have died because of a belief or non-belief.

Religion has killed more people than you can count.... most wars are over religious reasons.

edit on R552014-10-03T22:55:23-05:00k5510Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R562014-10-03T22:56:14-05:00k5610Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Actually my friend you can separate the two, and that's the exact approach that I think should be taken now. In fact, we should make it our top goal going forward to separate these people from their earthly body

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Max_TO
Actually my friend you can separate the two, and that's the exact approach that I think should be taken now. In fact, we should make it our top goal going forward to separate these people from their earthly body

I see what you did there.

That's about the only way to separate ISIS and religion.

edit on R002014-10-03T23:00:35-05:00k0010Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
I think we really need to consider grabbing their caliphate and any spouses/children he has. Turn them all over to a group that are willing to torture them.

Slow non lethal torture in front of the caliphate. Let him feel the pain of somebodies suffering.

If he has any human emotions he should denounce violence. Videotape that and broadcast it to the muslim extremists.

Perhaps he has no human emotions, if that is the case exterminate him.

I understand your point, but I think that people are failing to grasp just why these people are willing to go to such lengths. They feel they have their religion on their side. This has been common throughout history, and has allowed for some of the most barbaric acts, perpetrated by various religions. Let's take Christianity for instance, which throughout time was used as justification for certain atrocities. These acts stemmed from a complete misunderstanding of the teachings of the religion itself, and over time the truth was heeded by more and more people, until we've eventually reached a point today where the original teachings of Jesus are understood to a much greater extent by the majority. The leaders still commit atrocities, but it is more government leaders than religious leaders nowadays. The problem with Christianity hundreds of years ago is that the majority of its followers were uneducated, and they basically did what they were told from those holding the religious power. Many could not even read the Bible to determine what it taught, and often times they couldn't understand Latin, the language in which masses were read. The Catholic Church was the end all be all of the Christian religion, and people believed the pope to be God's emissary on earth, and they were blindly obedient. Most of the corruption existed at the top levels, not with the people.

Because of this people were quite willing to believe whatever the church told them, and to go along with it all. In that instance you had a severe corruption of religion, and the church was not justified by the teachings of that religion. The Crusades for instance are in no way backed up by the teachings of Jesus, which is essentially what Christianity is. The Old Testament justifies it a bit more, but Jesus said that he essentially replaced those older beliefs with a new system, a system of compassion and forgiveness, among other noble qualities. I feel that Islam does allow the type of violence we're seeing, and that those who practice it are justified where the teachings of their religion are concerned. Therefore they are quite bold, as they know they have their religion on their side. So while the majority have come to realize that the religious atrocities committed by the Christians were not justified by Christian teachings, and therefore such barbaric acts were discontinued, this point will never be reached by Muslims.

If they do not engage in violence or extremism it is not because their religion does not allow it, but for some other reason. What I really wanted to get across was that these terrorists are never going to stop because it can never be proven that they are not religiously justified, and like any good Muslim they are going to follow the teachings of Islam, including the tenets of Jihad and punishing non-believers. These people are very devout if you think about it, and that is all they're trying to be. So we should be condemning the religion as much as we are condemning them, again because the religion itself is what is allowing these things. If it did not intend to allow these things then it should have not been so contradictory, where in one passage teaching compassion and then in another teaching extreme and barbaric violence. And even in the Old Testament, which was a book derived by Jews and not Christians, most of the instances of violence are presented in a more historical fashion, where God supposedly did this or that or said this or that to help someone. That was directed at a specific time and place, and was not meant to be a teaching to live by for future generations.

That is like when people claim the "eye for an eye, and tooth for a tooth" is something that is taught be Christianity, when this is not the case at all and simply proves the fact that the person making the claim has no idea what they're talking about. Again it is not a Christian writing, and even more importantly it was not presented as something taught by God or as something to be followed by the Jewish people. Yet if one starts reading the Quran the wording and teachings are completely different, and it is very easy to see why a modern day follower feels justified in barbaric acts. So for those who say that these extremists are the problem, they are only semi-correct. In this instance it is also the fault of Islam in general, again because the teachings of violence are within the doctrine itself, the doctrine to live by, rather then these things being presented as something that happened in the past. And then there is the fact that Muhammed himself engaged in all types of violence. I highly doubt he would have outlawed such things, otherwise he would have been quite hypocritical.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: adjensen
Why do we give this garbage any attention?

If no one reported on it, and no one watched it, maybe the crazies would stop making them.

...but the beheadings would still continue.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Well they did say his life is in our hands and we chose to bomb them thus causing another beheading,the terrorists have always demanded the same thing: For us to stop meddling in the affairs of other countries.

The US/UK government never cared about saving his life as it can be used to justify the globalist campaign,the only way to stop terrorism is to pull out of the region entirely and leave them to it,but its already a policy to undermine foreign governments who dont play ball and set up puppet governments who will freely trade with us,they call it setting up a "democracy"
edit on 4-10-2014 by amurphy245 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
If we want to be different fom them, than we have to exclude the simple solutions such as dropping nuclear stuff on them, because of - as someone mentioned here - the women and children.

Can't we just completly isolate the region? Let's call it "black hole"
Everything that is there is of no importance at all. We will not kill the women and children. Let them live until they die. No aid workers (since the idea of humanitarian aid is not in their books), no contacts with them, just let them live, eventually they all will die and rot.

No-fly zone also. Everyone who is raised here in the civilised world, but leaves towards the "black hole" should be immidiately stripped of citizenship in any part of the civilised world, and treathened with death should the goatf*cker attempt to re-enter the civilised world.

I mean, let's face it, they are a virus, a cancer to this planet, just like the nazis were. If we agree that we want to be better than them, we will not use nukes on them. OK, fine. Now, you can try to heal cancer by prayer or medicine. It still will be spreading! We must cut them off!
edit on 4-10-2014 by spych78 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2014 by spych78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Why do none of these hostages struggle in their final moments? Not fighting for your life when you know what's gonna happen to you the very next minute. If they are drugged how can they coherently read out a statement beforehand? Very very strange in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: thesneakiod
mock executions? Psychological warfare, time tested and true.
edit on 4-10-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Was thinking that, so if that's the case, why aren't more people asking that question. The no struggle is weird, why aren't they fighting for their lives? But I suppose when we see such atrocities, the average person will see justification to the bombings...

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

This man killed in the name of Christians and Christianity should we then condemn an entire peoples for a group a radicals.

Of course not, that's not what Jesus preached nor Muhammad.

www.nj.com...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
You got it my friend-Spray ISIS with chopped up ebola bodies and follow up with napalm. a reply to: Dumbass

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Why should a neutral journalist or aid worker or school teacher be beheaded when they were not in any kind of battle in any function?

Just because they belong to the West?

Wonder if their Kuran condones such acts of killing non-soldiers i.e. civilians?

ISIL types are like a "fuming acid" of hatred. These need to be eradicated totally !!

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

And what is so wrong with Western society thriving and dominating how many beheadings do you see here? Our ideologies are incompatible one of us must go and Allah willing its them. Im tired of you sympathizets and mock critics you are a distraction to what must be done.

Your ideas of thriving and dominating look no different when you rethink your position on CONTROL.

YOU are a sympathizer of and mock real people with your standard war drums, I would equate you as the same as these people, you see something you do not like, you get lead around by leaders and lies, and you would protect the scums that bomb whomever they feel like, and wreak havoc on the WEST, and keep it from thriving.

Seems like everyone who has shock about how bad this all is, need a good dose of reality as to just how bad things can get for ANYONE on this planet, beheadings are not some new AMAZINGLY TERRIBLE death.

Pathetic drivel from someone who actually believes the system they live in does not need any attention, but things outside DO.
edit on 4-10-2014 by ParasuvO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Arm chair have you seen my picture I was 11 bravo what are you talking about. Yes your post seems sympathetic to the other side

Sergeant First Class William James.

Hurt Locker Fella,

Dont fool me,
Best Regards, Fox.
edit on 4-10-2014 by foxhound2459 because: Merlot influx.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join