It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video showing the killing of Alan Henning, the British aid worker being held hostage by Isis, has be

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: KingIcarus

I've already added a link to your OP. Mistakes happen. No worries here.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Apologies, folks - I made a mess of this OP, but the window of opportunity to correct it has passed. With gratitude to _BoneZ_ for adding the appropriate link, I just wanted to clarify my post so there was no misunderstanding.

My original messed up post...

originally posted by: KingIcarus

Breaking stuff from Guardian UK. Seems this scum's end of days is closing in. The response will be significant.

Video showing the killing of Alan Henning, the British aid worker being held hostage by Isis, has been posted online

Allah won't like this - these cretins are shaming Islam at every turn. Disgraceful.

According to the Guardian (a quality British broadsheet paper), Alan Henning has regrettably been beheaded by IS.

Everything else conveyed in the OP is my personal opinion, please accept my apologies for presenting an awkward OP in error. It wasn't my intention to colour the discussion.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I find it extremely ironic that they behead people in the name of a non-existant deity. It would be hysterical if it weren't for the loss of lives.

Religion... you gotta love it.

I kill you in the name of my God.... never seen the God, don't know if it actually exists...but... I kill you anyway, infidel!!
edit on R512014-10-03T17:51:47-05:00k5110Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I refuse to watch the video, as there is no way that I will allow anyone to reduce this mans memory to what is displayed in some horrific propaganda video. They won't be putting their propaganda into my memories at Mr. Alan Henning Expense.

I choose to remember him as the aid worker that he is reported to being . A person that cared enough to try to make the world better place by actions and not simply talk .

Now it's our turn.. The times now require us to do as this man did, take action and not merely offer words .

This must come to an end, it's time to take the gloves off .
edit on 3-10-2014 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Make no mistake about it my friend, they do it for power . Do not be tricked by their propaganda.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Max_TO

It is for power, these people only use religion as a means to further their agenda.

The world has some really wacko religions.... celebrated by billions in some cases.

Want to witness this for yourself? Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Lets take Muslims...since that is the religion of the head removers.

People will tell you that the vast majority of Muslims are peaceful. Really?

Start your own website.... DrawAllah.com.... Invite people to submit their artistic impressions of what they think Allah looks like. Your first death threat will come within 10 minutes of the website going live.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: KingIcarus
Though I am not a religious man, I pray very soon we find these people and we destroy them in the most painful way. I hope we shame this ideology so much so people fear ever turning back lest they turn to salt.

First off R.I.P. Alan Henning. A cab driver, an aid worker for goodness sake!
The IS have no ideology, it's important to get that right. In the towns and villages they invaded they asked and took any valuables, gold, money, mobiles, weapons and anything that is currency off the people as a guarantee of safety and the guarantees were false. They are thieves, rapists and murderers and have defiled the human body...nothing less.
These mercenaries need to be brought to proper justice, it's the only thing left before plunging into mayhem where nothing matters.
Governments have much to answer for too, and they have much to do to make amends, it's no longer Government by the people for the people, it's about dickheads who promise this and that sometime in the future while it is they who continue to spend, spend, spend on themselves, spend on aircraft, ships, stupid tanks and technology...to keep us all safe, except ultimately..it doesn't and hasn't for a long time now. It keeps them relatively safe though.
edit on 3-10-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
We will see more beheadings.

Because ISIS knows NO MATTER what.

The US, The UK is not going to ever send 'boots' on the ground.

And the reports of the west bombing campaign has been...

Was combat ineffective.

Which was the point of US bombing them in the first place.

They behead.

We bomb.

They keep beheading.

As much as I don't want boots on the ground.

Because that entire region is not worth an ounce of our, or the UK's blood.

But what are we to do?

edit on 3-10-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The ISIS/IS/ISIl issue serves only one purpose....to make people become what they are fighting against.

Oh my gosh... they are beheading people... women, innocent children are being murdered on a daily basis. This is sooooo horrible.... we must do something!!!!!!!

Are you really prepared to eliminate ISIS/IS/ISIL?

Then my friend, you must become just like them to defeat them.

Eradicating radical religions like ISIS/IS/ISIL or whatever their name is today starts with women and children. To eradicate these people, you will have to kill their women and children in order to keep it from re-growing. This stuff is ingrained into their psyche from the moment they are able to formulate a thought.

Are YOU prepared to kill women and children to eradicate a perceived threat to the killing of other women and children? If so.... then you might as well go join them, because you are really no different than them. You just wear different clothes and spout a different ideology.

There is no easy solution to this problem. The only possible long term solution is education.....but that would take decades to develop, and no one wants to take that long to solve this issue.

Make no excuse, religion is only a cover story. Using religion is like putting lipstick on a pig. In this case, the pig would be world domination. Religion is only being used for an excuse to achieve this goal.

edit on R232014-10-03T18:23:44-05:00k2310Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R242014-10-03T18:24:53-05:00k2410Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R252014-10-03T18:25:32-05:00k2510Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R352014-10-03T18:35:01-05:00k3510Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R382014-10-03T18:38:17-05:00k3810Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R382014-10-03T18:38:53-05:00k3810Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R432014-10-03T18:43:08-05:00k4310Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R502014-10-03T18:50:33-05:00k5010Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Glad you agree.

However at this point in time religion plays very little in what I would like seen done, except for returning these people to their maker part.

I won't give ISIS the benefit of the religious debate that they so badly seek.

At this point I care not the reasons they offer, nor do I care to over analyze a crazy perspective on religion. As mentioned earlier, it's time for the gloves to come off and deal with these people .
edit on 3-10-2014 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

You can redefine as much as you'd like.play Symantec and blame the Western government its not going to change this is a symptom of radical Islam and it needs to be eradicated.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

And what is so wrong with Western society thriving and dominating how many beheadings do you see here? Our ideologies are incompatible one of us must go and Allah willing its them. Im tired of you sympathizets and mock critics you are a distraction to what must be done.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I am elated that you somehow equate me to be a sympathizer.

Amazing.

I know exactly what must be done to eradicate the problem and I have no problem seeing that done. My post was for the armchair quarterbacks, like you, who spout all sorts of drivel from the safety of their living room.

I nominate you to be the first person in country to solve this problem. Here's a cookie for your effort.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

Eradicating radical religions like ISIS/IS/ISIL or whatever their name is today starts with women and children. To eradicate these people, you will have to kill their women and children in order to keep it from re-growing. This stuff is ingrained into their psyche from the moment they are able to formulate a thought.

Make no excuse, religion is only a cover story. Using religion is like putting lipstick on a pig. In this case, the pig would be world domination. Religion is only being used for an excuse to achieve this goal.

The first paragraph contradicts the second and especially in the use of the word radical which can mean, 'Fundamental' or a complete departure from what was fundamental. I would agree that the ability for education is a good thought as long as it is all encompassing, trouble is though any religion tends to be always the only one to listen to. Okay, accept we all have Gods to read about, (we can't listen to them directly, at least I don't have that facility) but consider this, how many Gods, and there must be more than one in religion if any religion carries a God since no one God, or his/her historian cames to a definitive conclusion of sameness. how many Gods then, are needed to control this Earthly grain of sand particle of the Universe?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

There is no such thing as a God... religion was invented by mankind to keep the masses in line.

I am willingly to bet money that if one day, an advanced alien race makes itself know to humans and sends an envoy to earth, you won't be seeing them at church.

As a matter of fact, an advanced civilization would most likely consider humans ignorant because they choose to believe in a supreme deity without one single shred of evidence of its existence.

The concept of a God and religion is a purely human thing. My money is on the bet that when intelligent life is finally found elsewhere, they will have no concept of a God or religion for that matter.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Arm chair have you seen my picture I was 11 bravo what are you talking about. Yes your post seems sympathetic to the other side

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Arm chair have you seen my picture I was 11 bravo what are you talking about. Yes your post seems sympathetic to the other side

I see a picture on your profile... I have no idea who it is.... I could assume its you, but that would make me like this girl:

BTW, you do realize that the vast majority of people who choose 11B as their MOS did so because they couldn't score high enough on the ASVAB test to get anything else. Not really something you want to brag about.

I am by no means sympathetic to ISIS or their cause. I prefer to look at things as realistically as possible, and there is no feasible way to eradicate organizations like those without killing the women and children who support it as well. Most people aren't prepared to do that.

We can bomb them all day long... won't make much of a difference. Boots on the ground won't make much of a difference. Now if you go Hitler on their ass, as in, line em up beside a trench... men women and children... execute them and bury them.....eventually you will eradicate the problem.

That will never happen..... because you essentially are no better than them at that point.
edit on R282014-10-03T20:28:43-05:00k2810Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R302014-10-03T20:30:10-05:00k3010Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Ive never been accused thanks for flattering me. As for my choice of mos, I choose because of a long line of men in my family, my father in a rangeR bat, my grandfather special forces Vietnam, did you know there is a lot of prestige honour and personal pride in such a mos and BTW I scored a 70 on my asvab and 110 gt score.
edit on 3-10-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

You can redefine as much as you'd like.play Symantec and blame the Western government its not going to change this is a symptom of radical Islam and it needs to be eradicated.

It's not a symbol or symptom of anything other than power and opportunity. FFS, we had so-called Christians gutting one another here for 30+years over a small bit of dirt because of legalese carefully crafted by Government/Governments.
It's nothing to do with North, South, East or West either. Do you not not know yet that our UK government/governments in the later last century, for instance used aerial spraying for forty years over our heads..object germ warfare protection, the placebos were Zinc and Cadmium instead of Germs..oops, I forgot that they also used germ warfare sprayed from naval ships elsewhere for years, I mean where do you want to go with all this stuff? Meh, you are not interested in ordinary people really, just the status quo.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

That's why I said most people. Not everybody, but most.

When I took the ASVAB, I took it with 20 other people. I was able to finish almost every timed section with more than enough time left over to go back and double check my answers. I maxed the ASVAB and I qualified for every single MOS in the Air Force, but wound up joining the Army at a later date due to life circumstances.

The scary part was that there was a girl who was taking the test for the 3rd time.... trying to score a 41 so she could get whatever MOS she was trying to get. A 41 back then was like 3 points or so from the bare minimum to enlist. And there were quite a few people in that group that failed the test outright.

And to be fair, a lot of people are pressured into choosing 11B by their recruiters. The old line was.... take combat arms... you can get rank quickly and change your MOS at a later date. They didn't bother to tell them that after they hit E-6, it was almost impossible to switch MOS. That was back in 87 and I am sure things have changed.

Women and children have been used as pawns in wars for ages.... this is nothing new.

The point I was trying to make is that most people complaining about ISIS wouldn't shoot a 6 year old kid in the head to eradicate it. But those are the steps needed to eradicate the problem.

Re-education is the only other alternative, but that would literally take decades and there are many factors that would determine the outcome of any such effort and it most likely would fail.

General Patton once said something along the lines of .... the object of war isn't to die for your country, it is to make the other bastard die for his.

edit on R592014-10-03T20:59:00-05:00k5910Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R032014-10-03T21:03:32-05:00k0310Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join