It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft Unveils Next Windows OS and it's Called .....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Windows 10.
No word as to why not 9 but it's thought M$ want to put distance between the new OS and Windows 8 . M$ have also said Windows 10 will have a Start button from the outset

Hopefully it will mark a return to form for M$ and be a great OS for gaming unlike 8 which was good if you had a tough screen laptop I guess.
No mention of DX 12 and whether that will be Windows 10 exclusive but I guess that's more than likely as it will sell the OS to otherwise skeptical users especially after Windows 8.

As far as release date they're saying before the end of 2015 which could be anytime next year.

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Oh no! Not good! Not good at all! The pattern! They skipped the next "good" OS and they're going straight into another bad one!

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
MSGIBBERISH!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Apple and Google left MS behind years ago. The corporate world is the only thing (albeit a huge thing) keeping MS operating systems relevant.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
μsoft better get it right this time.
edit on 30-9-2014 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

They skipped 9 because.. 7 ate 9.

Sorry I had to do it.
Yay; no more classic shell!

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Apple yes but Google? All google offers is silly consumer apps...Hardly an OS, more like a super Facebook extension!

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: minkmouse

Apple yes but Google? All google offers is silly consumer apps...Hardly an OS, more like a super Facebook extension!

Android is impressive in its current state and will continue to evolve.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Gaming while slowly being eroded by steams linux version will keep MS in most peoples eyes and lets not forget you won't ever have an Apple product thats considered cheap for the masses and with chromebooks theres the storage of personal info in the cloud to contend with and they're pretty low end in pew pew

Apple probably could make a great deal more from the OSX line but I remember the last time they opened up the OS so people could develop their own PCI hardware it was a cluster f---- as they suffered the same problems as MS did in that such low level stuff was not under their own control and in the end they pretty much had to return to a walled garden approach

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I say we go back to DOS. Life was much simpler.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

As it slowly gobbles up the known universe and delivers all your personal data to a new dimension!

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DeepRomani

Nein, mein fuhrer. No one would pay for Windows Nein.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

This

Try dosbox

where my c prompt

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

Android is impressive in its current state and will continue to evolve.

I really like jellybeans!!

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Google Android is more than just "silly consumer apps".

Sure -- Android isn't an OS for personal computers, but the world is going towards tablets, anyway, and there are plenty of tablets running Android. Although I think there will still be a place for personal computers for the foreseeable future.

edit on 9/30/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

The most stable OS Microsoft had was XP. They need to go back to that style and structure instead of trying to do the Apple thing and be all cool. Microsoft needs to realize that their most important users are businesses or other professional fields and gamers.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Yay! More of the same and it even has the Start button (barf).

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: kx12x

I find win 7 just as stable

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

The average person doesn't need a computer as in desktop tower, they need communications devices with 18 mp cameras, fast wifi. Google installed in phones and tablets will be just fine for the masses. Laptops will become extinct, desktops will become more expensive due to them no longer being mass produced and only media producers and the NSA will have a need for them. Of course I'm just guessin!

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

I say we go back to DOS. Life was much simpler.

Backups certainly were!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join