It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe it is time to shut down the interwebz. And the MSM.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

You don't get it. I LIKE the interwebz. I just think it's grotesquely misused. It's causing more pain and death than you think. People like YOU make ME want to puke for not even recognizing it.
edit on 26-9-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Yes, the sane are not noticeable. But they should be, just by their actions alone. We all have to deal with our busy little lives and I think that the interwebz can be a force for good, but all to often, it is used as a force of evil, in the name of good. And people just eat it up. THAT is the point I'm trying to make here.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Sorry, just because the masses have opinions, doesn't make them correct or logical.

Throughout history the collective has gotten it colossally wrong - The Salem Witch Trials, The Inquisition, The Crusades, Jihad, skinny jean. *rolls eyes*

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

You do understand that this is a social media sight? a community of individuals who interact with each other, share thoughts, videos, news and opinions?

You're using social media to bitch and complain about how much you hate social media. LMFAO

Your Spock like logic is baffling.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

It seems to me the OP was being facetious to make a point.

But, as it's the internet, one can only expect that people will take everything too seriously, run wild with it, turn fiction into fact and a hyperbolic rant into reality...

edit on 9/26/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I understand all that pretty clearly. Just had to point out the fallacy of choosing a social media sight to to do so.

Facetious, sure. Massive failure in reasoning, definitely.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

You do understand that this is a social media sight? a community of individuals who interact with each other, share thoughts, videos, news and opinions?

You're using social media to bitch and complain about how much you hate social media. LMFAO

Your Spock like logic is baffling.

Well, since this is the RANT forum.

And your lack of reading comprehension baffles me as well since I did say this in the OP.

But all this social media, which I am aware I am ranting on has a big part in it as well.

So...that's not on me as I have acknowledged it. But it is on you. I ask you to ask yourself...Are you maybe part of the problem?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Just as much as you, or any one else who has ever had an opinion others may disagree with on the internet.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I have no problem with disagreement on interwebz forums, but I think that together we can direct it to less violent means.

But therein lays the puzzle.

I used to do PSYOP for a living, and by no means do I say I have the key. But I think that the key is out there awaiting to be discovered...probably again.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Not sure I would classify forum disagreements as violent? Or is that referring to world violence.. the state sponsored kind? In the latter example I would agree whole heartedly, and I'm pretty sure that's what you're talking about.

I know you understand my point from earlier responses, so no need to go through that again. You seem pretty familiar with the internet. You know where i'm coming from.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

Not sure I would classify forum disagreements as violent? Or is that referring to world violence.. the state sponsored kind? In the latter example I would agree whole heartedly, and I'm pretty sure that's what you're talking about.

I think Anonymous was a bust, right along with Assage and Snowden. All they did was stir the pot. I think they were played all along.

To defeat professionals, it'll take professionals.

Hackers is what I am talking about. And that is beyond my kin. But then again, in today's world, that opens another can of worms.

Most hackers are about profit, just like every one else. Not to many true bloods out there these days.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
He can't exactly go back to Playboy :p

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
He can't exactly go back to Playboy :p

Gawd if I could only go back to those times.

Things were simpler back in the day it seems.

Party, Have a good time, Get laid...etc.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Anonymous as an idea is great. Ego gets too involved, people get butthurt, etc etc. The failures of the collective to handle their internal crap is a story for another thread. But the idea is still quality, imo. Anonymous can be a mean and uncaring monster whenever it wants. It can also be a caring, compassionate, nurturing defender of the internet. It can be whatever it wants, something many people don't understand about 'Anonymous'. It's intangible and always morphing, there are no leaders or some official rules to play by. Anonymous hates anonymous sometimes, ya know?

Assange sucks at life. Wikileaks was a great idea, and is still useful to whistelblowers assuming they can leaked material to them without getting pinched by feds in the process.

As for Snowden, I have to disagree. Snowden is one of the bravest people in the world. Along with Thomas Drake, William Binney, and Chelsea Manning. Takes some serious backbone and conviction to expose massive federal breaches of power. And to do so with blatant disregard for one's own well being, well, that is out right heroic. Very easy to say they're a bust while we sit comfortably in our own homes. The reality is they gave up their entire lives just trying to bring justice to the people responsible for stripping our rights away behind our backs.

A little bit of a stray from the OP, but it is off topic forum, after all.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

The thing is ...is that the Snowdens, Thomas Drakes, William Binneys, and Chelsea Mannings are being used. There is always an agenda. Manning chose to do what he did did because he considered himself a woman, Snowden thought he was bringing truth into the world, as did Assage.

And they were all played as chumps.

It's hard to even find a recent posting on the Webz these days concerning them.

I'm starting to think that a reset is needed more and more these days. Mankind would not cease to exist if a world-wide EMP or CME were to take place. Yes, millions would die, probably myself among them. But in that one convoluted step, I think that mankind would actually move forward.

Sometimes it takes a disaster to find the best in ourselves.

Even I can't believe I am saying that...but I am thinking that more and more these days...God help me.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

It (world-wide EMP or CME) would force people to change temporary at least since it would remove the debt based economy and reset the controllers of the world a bit. Might even wake up some people to the corruption in society that people are willfully ignorant at because they trust the propaganda as truth.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I doubt you just happened to stumble across a console somewhere and just notice the internet for the first time today. First of all, the internet is a bold new technology which physically interconnects people across the world, allowing for the flow of information without compromising any of their individuality or free will. It is amazing and it is the closest to unity we should ever really come.

Second of all, advocating the elimination of the internet while using the internet is as silly as advocating the destruction of the ego while wielding one. If you want to unplug, be my guest, but don't try to impose your puritanism and backwards traditionalism onto the rest of us. If you can reject a great gift, that is on you, but forgive me while I enjoy the greatest era humankind has ever experienced.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Click the X in the top right corner of your screen, then shut down your computer. Problem solved.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Tdawg, I do agree that the Web has and is playing a big part of the insanities of this planet. But even so, I have found it to be a bigger part of my life than I thought it would. It has become an important part of my life and a VERY helpful Therapy. ATS in particular has introduced me to some of the valuable information that I thrive for. I have always loved learning, and have done so here. I have met some pretty amazing, loving, caring people, along with the nut cases one would expect at such a place, (Yes I am guilty as charged!) and have enlarged my knowledge base tremendously! I find that I go into net-withdrawl when not coming here at least once a day! LOL!!
I know I am guilty of entering text that is non essential for one's life, some that may enrage, some that may help someone learn, and some down right stupid stuff at times. But It is a way for me to vent, learn, and interact with some that without the web, I would not know, and would be lacking their insight, wisdom and friendship leading to even less of a life than I have now. I for one am thankful for our world binding internet, and for this place in particular!! Through some I have met here, I am looking at the world in a different light. A better light. I have been able to bring myself out of some very deep pits of despair here, thanx to YourSelf, and many others I have met online at ATS!
Syx.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join