It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe it is time to shut down the interwebz. And the MSM.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
We are the interconnected world community, and the children are in charge to a degree. YouTube, LiveLeak, VICE, FaceBook, Twitter, etc, etc are all out there just posting willy nilly anything and everything, and more and more, people are getting stirred up over it all.

Got a cop upholding the law, but in a manner you disagree with. Post it…you’ll get followers.

Have a militia beheading people because they don’t act the way you want them too. Post it…you’ll get followers.

Have a religion that you think is the best thing next to God (or not). Post it…you’ll get followers.

Etc…etc…etc….

People love to say that the Governments of the world are evil, and they may have a point. But all this social media, which I am aware I am ranting on has a big part in it as well.

Social media can be every bit as evil as Big Gov. They seem to be causing most of the worlds conflicts these days with their instant updates, and I think they do with many Governments blessings.

Keep stirring those emotions folks.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Is it wrong to wish for a global EMP?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

For every bad thing I have seen posted on the net, I have also seen the good. Social media is no different than anything else...it's good or evil depending how you use it..or how you view it.
Sadly, it's true, society currently runs on bad news, or shock and awe value. So what do you do? Shut it down, everything, just because of that? NO! You put more good news out there, more positive things. People are feeling just like you, sick to death of it...give them an alternative..
You'll get followers..

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Yes Beezer, it is..You'll fry all your carrots.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Is it wrong to wish for a global EMP?

Yes it is...though I find myself wishing for it as well at times. Oddly enough, I always feel bad pretty soon afterwards. But I won't deny it.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

Social media can be every bit as evil as Big Gov. They seem to be causing most of the worlds conflicts these days with their instant updates, and I think they do with many Governments blessings.

Keep stirring those emotions folks.

But...

With social media we can exercise personal responsibility and not log on. With the govt......not so much.

How is ATS any different than social media when it concerns "stirring those emotions"?? And I have the option of logging on here don't we and the obnoxious popup ads are making me consider that option more often.
edit on 26-9-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
How is ATS any different than social media when it concerns "stirring those emotions"??

I acknowledged as much.

Going through one my moods lately. Seeing stupidity on a daily basis and it is elevated via the MSM and interwebz. It's beyond annoying at times.

I guess I'm a info-junkie. I can dis-connect for quite some time, but I always wonder what I missed. I'm talking about real information...not some reality TV junk.

There are times though were I would love to see a low grade X-class CME take out the interwebz alone...for maybe six months. Take us back to the 1980's or so.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Technology has stripped a lot from humanity. I think it's lessened humanity to a degree.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The internet has the potential to more good than any invention in history.

Unfortunately the internet due to human nature has the potential also to do more damage to society than any invention in history.

There is a plus for every minus on the web if you look but people being how they are look for the bad in the world instead of ht e good.

Researching building codes today and Arizona laws I got more information online in a couple hours than I could have in a week making phone calls the old way. The web is a lifesaver if used properly.

People think they are right no matter what the subject matter or the facts presented and it seems like everyone has some agenda to turn everybody Else's way of thinking to match their own. If you don't believe what I do your wrong!

The web allows people to push their garbage on everybody without any recourse. You spout off the wrong things in the real world you might end up swallowing some teeth but on here you spew your crap, hate and lies and then log off.

I love the internet and it would be hard to get along without it now days but it causes so much grief anymore.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I've been thinking along these lines this month for some reason. A few terms come to mind...

The Peanut Gallery
The Rabble
The Unwashed Masses
The Madding Crowd
The Hoi Polloi
The Idiocracy

Humanity is not at its best in large numbers....think Facebook. LOL!

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I've been thinking along these lines this month for some reason. A few terms come to mind...

The Peanut Gallery
The Rabble
The Unwashed Masses
The Madding Crowd
The Hoi Polloi
The Idiocracy

Humanity is not at its best in large numbers....think Facebook. LOL!

I too think along those lines, but then a gem in the rough like mwood comes along and makes me rethink things temporary.

The Blessings are there...

But so are the damnation's.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

That's the most ridiculous thing I have read in a while.

It would be like trashing all cars because people drive drunk.

It's a lot easier to dam a small stream of information, impossible to control the ocean.

just avoid the idiots... not that difficult.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: theyknowwhoyouare

It's a lot easier to dam a small stream of information, impossible to control the ocean.

You are obviously not driving the same roads, interwebz and reality, I am.

You can't avoid idiots these days.

edit on 26-9-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I took a pause there for a few minutes and ordered some take out. Pizza and ribs sampler. I always tip (well) the manager/bartender because she remember my name, even though I frequent the place maybe once/twice a month.

But today, I noticed an elderly couple who seem to there every time I go. Must be their nightly thing. So I picked up their tab as well.

I don't really feel like ranting anymore (for now), I actually feel....OK.

Thanks mwood! Pay it forward. Gotta remember that.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: theyknowwhoyouare

You are obviously not driving the same roads, interwebz and reality, I am.

You can't avoid idiots these days.

One chooses the reality in which they preside.

I don't choose to look at every individual outside of myself as an idiot. One cannot make an unbiased opinion of another individual without knowing more than what they project to the world around them.

Don't assume these people are less than you because you find their way of communicating and general behavior is different than how you feel it should be. Let the masses do as they do. I don't agree with most people on most issues but I can see where the line of thinking comes from. It makes me less stressed to try and see things that differ from my reality from other points of view.

Besides, they aren't going anywhere you may as well learn to tolerate them.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

LOL! Don't make me post all the idiotic ways Randy Marsh has misused the internet....

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Here's the kicker. I DO treat people with respect, whether it be their opinions or through their everyday actions.

And I am at a tripping point. I fear that I may become like them...those who don't have a second thought for those around them.

They text and drive and think it's normal.

They drink and drive and don't give it a second thought.

THEY post inflammatory BS without a second thought as to how it affects the lives of others. Possibly even causing DEATH!

Yea...I was OK there for a minute, and then some apologist like you comes along and ruins it. Now I'm pissed again.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Here's the kicker. I DO treat people with respect, whether it be their opinions or through their everyday actions.

And I am at a tripping point. I fear that I may become like them...those who don't have a second thought for those around them.

They text and drive and think it's normal.

They drink and drive and don't give it a second thought.

THEY post inflammatory BS without a second thought as to how it affects the lives of others. Possibly even causing DEATH!

Yea...I was OK there for a minute, and then some apologist like you comes along and ruins it. Now I'm pissed again.

You are projecting the actions of a small percentage of people onto the general population as a whole. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty that do foolish things and behave in a very self centered way. This does not mean that it is the majority. I drive busy streets every day and see many people with no risk assessment skills whatsoever, but the number pales in comparison to those that are driving in a completely sane fashion. The sane ones just aren't as noticeable.
edit on 26-9-2014 by theyknowwhoyouare because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Ya good idea. Lets shut down the last venue of free expression society has because you don't like social media. Go censorship goooo.

Rediculous.

My suggestion: don't visit sights you don't like.

Wishing for a global EMP is equally as retarded. You guys make me want to puke.

Aww, I don't like social media. Young people annoy me. Lets nuke fry the power grids and end the internet and rant about it on the conspircy social media sight. Idiots.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join