It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Your Prayer Life Acceptable to God?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The Bible tells us to pray continually…… (1 Thessalonians 5:17). Many of us only spend a few minutes in prayer and sometimes not everyday, right? And when we do …..it feels like it takes forever as if it is a burden.

Why do we struggle with prayer when we know it is vital to our relationship with God? To some prayer has become lifeless and tedious.

If you love the Father, Son and Holy Spirit do you talk with him daily?

Take a look at Matthew 6:7 and then lets take a look at Matthew 6:9-13 do you see the difference in these prayers? Which do you do?

Matthew 6:7 - And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.

Matthew 6:9-13 - "This, then, is how you should pray: " 'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, 10 your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. 11 Give us today our daily bread. 12Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. ' THIS IS KNOWN AS THE LORD’S PRAYER.

How you communicate with God is very important and he is waiting on you:

Psalms 145:18 - "The LORD is near to all who call upon Him, To all who call upon Him in truth."

Jeremiah 33:3 – ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'

Matthew 7: 7-8 - Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 "For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

John 9:31 - Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

Sinners prayer with repentance is needed.

1 John 4:9-10 - This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

So what is the recipe for prayer? How can I pray and expect God to hear me?

Matthew 6:6 - But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly."

See John 9:31 above. If you live in sin God does not hear you. Repent and ask for God’s forgiveness and he will not only forgive but FORGET your sins!

Isaiah 43:25 - "I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more.

Hebrews 8:12 - For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."

Matthew 21:22 – “You can pray for anything, and if you have faith, you will receive it."

I would recommend to be realistic in asking God for things. Asking for the lottery numbers (something I have not done) seems ridiculous to me. Keep it simple.... how is your family life (strife with a loved one?) or health or employment. Pray for others and receive blessings from heaven. When prayers are not sincere God will know.

In the beginning your prayers might be short …. have patience my brothers and sisters ….. as you continue to seek out God you will find your prayers will grow and you will find the Holy Spirit guiding you in your prayers. Your prayers will strengthen your faith …… ask and you shall receive.

edit on 9/23/2014 by semperfortis because: Corrected all CAPS

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Matthew 21:22 – “You can pray for anything, and if you have faith, you will receive it."

That one always irks me. It simply is not true.

I know many, many people who had total loving faith and prayed for cures or miracles that never came. And I know a lot of self righteous Christians who told those people that they didn't get their cure or miracle because they didn't have enough faith and weren't good enough Christians.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

That one always irks me. It simply is not true.

I know many, many people who had total loving faith and prayed for cures or miracles that never came. And I know a lot of self righteous Christians who told those people that they didn't get their cure or miracle because they didn't have enough faith and weren't good enough Christians.

How long did the Israelites pray (while in captive in Egypt) before God answered? Many expect instantaneous results others stop praying and give up. That is not faith.

How were many of the sick healed in the Bible? A man of God put their hands on the sick and they were healed. Prayer led the sick to these holy people and they still exist today. Also I know many who pray but can not hear the voice of God..... this includes pastors, priests and/or monks.

I have severe diabetes since 2009 actually I can say HAD until after constant prayer God led me to an answer. He did not heal me ... he showed me how to be healed and now ..... no more insulin...... medication two pills a day which soon will go to one. God works in mysterious ways.
edit on 23-9-2014 by Jesuslives4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I pray (intent->manifest) for the highest level awareness for all souls on earth. That one takes time to implement. But it is a prayer that seem to be desperately needed for the survival of the human specie.

If you love the Father, Son and Holy Spirit do you talk with him daily?

Yes. I do meditate and push chi/light every day thru my body.

God works in mysterious ways.

Synchronicity. It is kinda fun exploring it and trying to understand it. 11:11

edit on 23-9-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Pray all you want...............the difference is what you DO.....Not all that genuflecting physically and mentally.....Get out and spend the praying time doing something positive,....and youll see how fast things then improve for mankind......
Religion is the opiate of the masses.......

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
I pray (intent->manifest) for the highest level awareness for all souls on earth. That one takes time to implement. But it is a prayer that seem to be desperately needed for the survival of the human specie.

You sound like a very spiritual person. Pray for me brother as I will pray for you.

God bless you.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Pray all you want...............the difference is what you DO.....Not all that genuflecting physically and mentally.....Get out and spend the praying time doing something positive,....and youll see how fast things then improve for mankind......
Religion is the opiate of the masses.......

Prayer is a very powerful tool when used properly and those who believe know the power of prayer. It does work... ye of little faith.... try it for 30 days .... it will change your life forever.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

"Do you know God? You should have a personal relationship with God, but do not trust just any God, make sure you are talking to the right God. Trust my God. He is a good God. Trust Rita's God. Do not share my God with anyone. Preserve him as a personal God, but you can call on him whenever you need. I will share him with you. My God will protect you. My God will lead you to the light."

I really hope there is a god out there that lives up to all the hype. The ones I've met so far have been disturbing.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u
How long did the Israelites pray (while in captive in Egypt) before God answered? Many expect instantaneous results others stop praying and give up. That is not faith.

IF the story is true ... 400 years. So God did NOT answer the prayers of the Israelites for 400 years. He left them to be slaves and die in misery. Those devout people of faith did NOT receive what they prayed for.

How were many of the sick healed in the Bible?

How many of the faithful today pray with love and faith and are left in misery?
Answer - nearly all of them.

God works in mysterious ways.

But he doesn't cure people of faith who ask for it. So Matthew 21:22 – “You can pray for anything, and if you have faith, you will receive it." is dead wrong. And the rest of your post is an example of why I this scripture quote irks me. You seem to insinuate people don't have enough faith and that is why they aren't cured. And that's just wrong.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

Everyone has luck every now and then, even atheists who do not pray at all. Attributing good luck to prayer is ignoring the good fortune that comes to people of all faiths and "non-faiths" in my opinion.

Say a muslim prays to Allah every day and one day wins the lottery. Is it right to say that Allah answered his prayers or that he got lucky? Is it wrong for his luck or "answered prayers" to reinforce his faith in Islam and Allah?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I love God more when I don't have Him shoved down my throat all the time. HINT, HINT.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I pray to God to protect me from his spiritually arrogant, holier than thou, Theocratic fascist, followers.

It's not working!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I pray to God to protect me from his spiritually arrogant, holier than thou, Theocratic fascist, followers.

It's not working!!!

So tell me how do you really feel?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Haven't you in past posts stated you believe in a God?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spruce
I love God more when I don't have Him shoved down my throat all the time. HINT, HINT.

No one shoved Him down you throat except you. As YOU were the one who came into this thread. *Hint, Hint* If you dont' want God shoved down your throat ... I will pray tonight that you suddenly develop the good sense to stop reading threads where you are likely to encounter Him.

Although if you can't help it ... perhaps God is still calling you.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

It's not working!!!

No one shoved His spiritually arrogant, holier than thou, Theocratic fascist, followers down you throat except you. As YOU were the one who came into this thread. *Hint, Hint* If you dont' want God's spiritually arrogant, holier than thou, Theocratic fascist, followers shoved down your throat ... I will pray tonight that you suddenly develop the good sense to stop reading threads where you are likely to encounter them.

But as you don't believe that prayer works, you are likely doomed

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

No one is force feeding you. You can accept this or reject it. I quote the teachings of the prophets and Christ, God's word and if you disagree than you disagree with the Lord our God Jesus Christ.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No one shoved Him down you throat except you. As YOU were the one who came into this thread. *Hint, Hint* If you dont' want God shoved down your throat ... I will pray tonight that you suddenly develop the good sense to stop reading threads where you are likely to encounter Him.

Although if you can't help it ... perhaps God is still calling you.

Spoken like a man of God. I can hear the Holy Spirit as he guides you my brother.

God bless you.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Absolutely

Millionaire Pat Robertson Tells 80-Year-Old To Get A Job So She Can Keep Tithing

A viewer wrote Pat Robertson that she and her husband have been tithing for many years, as they “both love the Lord and give willingly and our tithe is over 10 percent.”

But she noted that, “we never have an extra penny after our monthly bills are paid."

“Our old car just broke down and we had to borrow money to fix it,” she said. “We both need dental work, but we can’t afford it. I constantly have to use our credit card to pay for medical needs … What could we be doing wrong?”

“There are many, many ways of making money. And you’re looking at the downside of all the bills you’ve got instead of saying, ‘God, now I’ve been faithful to you. Now, I claim my blessing, and I ask you to open the windows of heaven and pour me out a blessing. Show me what you’re going to do, show me how I can move into blessing,’” he said. “So, just ask him. He’ll give you some concepts, your mind will open up.”

Where did he get his money I wonder? Does God just like him better?

I swear - it's like he has no conscience

edit on 9/23/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No one shoved His spiritually arrogant, holier than thou, Theocratic fascist, followers down you throat except you. As YOU were the one who came into this thread. *Hint, Hint* If you dont' want God's spiritually arrogant, holier than thou, Theocratic fascist, followers shoved down your throat ... I will pray tonight that you suddenly develop the good sense to stop reading threads where you are likely to encounter them.

Are you kinda sorta saying he has a point?

:-)

Pray for me too sister

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join