It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police violently raid barber shop looking for... Barber licenses?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

ORLANDO, FL — Deputies and state regulators aggressively raided Orlando-area barbershops, roughing up innocent staff and handcuffing them on the floor in an effort to check if the barbers had acquired government permission to legally cut hair. A series of these raids has recently come to light, one of which is making its way through the litigation process in the federal court system. This was the raid of the Strictly Skills barbershop in Pine Hills, Florida, in which government agents warrantlessly stormed in the establishment with as many as 25 customers and 6 staff members present.

Read it before posting replies

This is getting very messed up. Apparently this is now the third time they have been told by the court to cease this unacceptable behavior (I can't find the article now). I posted another thread about this same thing happening at a bar. Get used to your new world.

On August 21, 2010, after more than a month of planning, teams from the Orange County Sheriff’s Office descended on multiple target locations. They blocked the entrances and exits to the parking lots so no one could leave and no one could enter. With some team members dressed in ballistic vests and masks, and with guns drawn, the deputies rushed into their target destinations, handcuffed the stunned occupants — and demanded to see their barbers’ licenses. The Orange County Sheriff’s Office was providing muscle for the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation’s administrative inspection of barbershops to discover licensing violations.

edit on 21-9-2014 by theyknowwhoyouare because: (no reason given)

The ruling noted two “strikingly similar” cases the appeals court cited as precedent. “We have twice held, on facts disturbingly similar to those presented here, that a criminal raid executed under the guise of an administrative inspection is constitutionally unreasonable,” the court ruled. “We hope that the third time will be the charm.”
there it is

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Good thing we have hero's like that protecting our hair.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

When I read stuff like this, it makes me want to become a hermit. Amazon will deliver everything I need to my home.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
the law is the law and must be enforced. would you like your hair cut by a nutter who masqueraes as qualified and responsible???

edit on 21-9-2014 by taoistguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: taoistguy
Happens once a month for me.

The heavyhanded approach and police involvment is the issue here..you really need that part explained?

edit on 21-9-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
They are taking our rights away because we have refused to use them. We have neglected to teach our children what their rights are and how they should be protected. They take our rights because even we have failed to learn exactly what they are and when they are being trampled on.

Somewhere in the universe George Orwell is screaming "I TOLD YOU SO!".

Somewhere people are getting more pissed off at these situations.

Somewhere many more people don't bother to care because it isn't them.

Somewhere many folks in power are thankful for that.

Somewhere in time we are going to have to stand up against this tyranny and quit bending over willingly all the while smiling and all but saying..... "Thank you sir, may I have another?".

There is going to come a time that what happened in Pennsylvania is going to go full on pandemic.

Many don't care. Many are just waiting for others to stand up. And somewhere in time it will happen. There is a breaking point to everything.

This behavior needs to be stomped out. Quickly.

I would end by saying that I am thoroughly disgusted, but I hope that point has already been made.
edit on 9/21/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

When I read stuff like this, it makes me want to become a hermit. Amazon will deliver everything I need to my home.

Good luck with that, they will most likely hunt you down to make sure you have your hermiting license.

Cant even feel like we have 4th amendment rights while getting a haircut or chilling at the bar

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
This unconstitutional behavior of the police is all too common everywhere in the USA and other democracies these days.....The one barber shop that got an excessive force judgement (and won an appeal by the cops) seems to serve predominently black people from the picture shown......
Is it more racial profiling coming into play? that seems a logical conclusion to me......
Did they use the licence issue (of which there were no violations at that location) as an excuse to look for other
possible activities? This too is more unconstitutional behavior.....
The police are beyond the control of the citizenry....they act above the law and the people they presumably serve.....
Reminds me of medieval days......when all men weren't created equal.....

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

The courts have already stated these were unlawful and ruled so in two previous cases. The police just don't care anymore, they are breaking the leash of their masters. Whats a third ruling going to matter if the first two didn't stop it.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
This unconstitutional behavior of the police is all too common everywhere in the USA and other democracies these days.....The one barber shop that got an excessive force judgement (and won an appeal by the cops) seems to serve predominently black people from the picture shown......
Is it more racial profiling coming into play? that seems a logical conclusion to me......
Did they use the licence issue (of which there were no violations at that location) as an excuse to look for other
possible activities? This too is more unconstitutional behavior.....
The police are beyond the control of the citizenry....they act above the law and the people they presumably serve.....
Reminds me of medieval days......when all men weren't created equal.....

Though it may be a race thing I doubt it. these people don't look predominetly black

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Ya zip tied and face down on the floor..just a routine business licence check..give me a break, they wouldnt bother doing that to actual gang bangers and so on..you know "the criminals" not that easy and they fight back..all about low hanging fruit.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Ya zip tied and face down on the floor..just a routine business licence check..give me a break, they wouldnt bother doing that to actual gang bangers and so on..you know "the criminals" not that easy and they fight back..all about low hanging fruit.

Those gangbangers are already in the system. They need fresh meat. Have to keep those prison doors revolving.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Its just a fishing expedition, whilst crime is rampant on the street how much police hrs are used in this manner.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

On August 21, 2010, after more than a month of planning, teams from the Orange County Sheriff’s Office descended on multiple target locations.
a reply to: vonclod

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: theyknowwhoyouare

The courts have already stated these were unlawful and ruled so in two previous cases. The police just don't care anymore, they are breaking the leash of their masters. Whats a third ruling going to matter if the first two didn't stop it.

I find that appalling and disgusting at the same time. It's almost like these cops exist in some weird first person shooter fantasy where they can do what they want because they are above the law. They've gone rogue when they aren't even worried about judicial rulings anymore.

And judging from the previous judgments, they do indeed seem to be.... above the law.

When a civilian does this they make the 10 most wanted list. When the police do it they get paid vacations.

There's something VERY wrong about that.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I had agents come in and demand to see my license for business once, which I did have, but I never showed them. What I immediately do when idiots trespass on my property including police who couldn't help a cat out of a tree, let alone know how to uphold the law, or even serve the public trust, is to immediately notify them they are trespassing on private property and that they have been duly notified of that. If they don't leave immediately, I can force the prosecuting attorney by legal means to charge them all with criminal trespass and a few other things, just like they would try to do, only those charges against them would be true and valid.

What these police are doing is also violating state law, and probably a slew of constitutional due processes, and the governor should be duly spammed with tons of written letters, congressional correspondence, and every other avenue of litigation including lawsuits for damages civil, and criminal.

You can't have rights unless they are defended. If Florida officials are silent on this they need to be (figuratively) flogged and horse whipped, or they will keep doing it.

This is some really bizarre stuff that can't even be understood by normal reasonable means, so maybe their true goal is one that seeks an end that has no familiarity with reasonable and legal intent in the first place?

People should spam the Orlando County and municipal city halls phone lineswith concerned voices, and voices which include harsh condemnations for these blatantly illegal, inappropriate, unprofessional, un American, terror inciting subversions of our United States values and commonly expected behavior we pay these people to uphold. If they can't or refuse to do that, send them "You are Fired!" faxes until their fax machines catch on fire.

Watch every single Florida official all the way to the top, and even what the president does to know if they are in on this. If they remain silent, and the media doesn't condemn it, it is because of some operation that they bungled which with the level of rookie behavior and lack of brains seen lately doing things like this, even pathetic purse snatchers could carry out without this much failure, or looking half as stupid.
edit on 21-9-2014 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Tax dollars hard at work..its a sickening waste of police resouces, never mind whats the purpose of zip tieing these barbers hand behind them and putting them face down on the damn floor. The working man get the boot to the face and extorted at every angle these days.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

a month of planning for this....good to see tax payer money going to good use ..you know keeping those dastardly violent barbers out of their salons....are we sure these barbers are not criminals after all they do use scissors
...i mean what if these scissors weren't sharp enough now that would be a crime...

do these people get dumber with time...with age comes wisdom unless you are in LE

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: theyknowwhoyouare

The flagrant and cavalier disregard for people's basic procedural rights, never mind their Constitutional rights is evidently getting worse by the month in the USA.

It seems to me, everything considered, including the pace of the apparent acceleration of these abuses and attacks on Citizens and their basic legal rights, attacks including everything from simple and one off unwarranted harassment to actual murder of unarmed Citizens is not an accident. While Police and other enforcement people have always had 'bad apples', what has been happening during the last handful of years isn't just a few bad apples, to me it seems coordinated and coldly deliberate in nature.

Increasing frequency of incidents of this type points to it being so.

Why is a good question.

The courts have made a ruling that the Police actions in this particular case is unlawful and so illegal, not once but now three times.

Prison time for the heads of OCSO is now necessary, unless the legal system has simply given up on he idea of crime and punishment, arresting and charging the senior Police in charge who are directing or authorising these unlawful attacks, in complete disregard and in contempt of previous legal rulings should be ordered without delay.

What good is a legal system that is routinely and repeatedly ignored and disrespected by those who are paid to enforce that legal system, if nothing proactive is done to those who are breaking their oaths and the law?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
What a difference. You've got raids on hair dressers. We have just had multiple raids down here too, because someone was intending to cut a little too much off the top of a stranger, too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join