It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think you dont live in a police state? Think again.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Police raided a Louisville bar Tuesday night, and a video posted on YouTube shows police searching patrons and employees before allowing them to leave. The video was recorded by a patron at Cahoots, a bar in the popular Bardstown Road entertainment district, and posted online. “Show of hands, who has something on them that they shouldn’t have?” asked the officer, who said police would pat down every customer. “We’re going to start over here in this corner. We’re going to work our way around, and if we go by, if you’re clean, you get to go out the front door.” Police said they were assisting the Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) office of metro government investigate possible violations of the bar’s liquor license.

www.rawstory.com...< br />

Welcome to our present/future. We all know we are heading down a very bad path and this is just icing on the cake. We have all been too lazy and inactive and we will all be paying the price. Expect this to be a common happening in bars, restaurants, theaters, etc etc. You are no longer protected by the constitution. People will watch this and still defend their police though. It sickens me that this is allowed to happen in our nation.

Welcome to our new world!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
It will never stop. Our country is too comfortable, lazy to rebel. Kept worried, distracted, overentertained, overworked, exhausted. So much so that that they can't even fathom something bigger than what they immediately know. And often too scared to even question it.

So sad.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Don't they need a warrant to search the people unless arrested?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Sold to china and converting..

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Yes, but only by law.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Not any more.
Apparently.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

You are no longer protected by the constitution.

Actually, you are. Unless you're just going to allow them to take away your rights by an unlawful search. No one in that restaurant had to comply with a search.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Yeah, I meant if the law is followed. We know those days lawful procedure is going away.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

I thought they did, at least once upon a time. Though who is going to risk challenging them? We all see the countless stories of what happens to people who don't comply with police orders.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: kicked

You are no longer protected by the constitution.

Actually, you are. Unless you're just going to allow them to take away your rights by an unlawful search. No one in that restaurant had to comply with a search.

You ever see what happens to people that don't comply with police? Get on youtube.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Strange, the liquor licence laws here states that the Department of Racing, Gaming and Liquor can enter the premises and ask for ID to prove age, and they can kick you out and fine the licence holder for patrons that are off their chops. Police cannot get involved in this process.

BUT, they cannot search you without just cause, so searching everyone, regardless of age would be a breach right there, deprivation of liberty also comes to mind.

Obviously the Alcoholic Beverage Control office in the good ol' USofA sees things differently.

Or they were grossly negligent in exceeding the parameters of the their Liquor Licence Act.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: kicked

Ya but when don't comply they detain you, when you can't stop them from detaining you. If they put their hands on you and you pull away then you get hit with assaulting or resisting or obstruction or interfering.

edit on thFri, 12 Sep 2014 21:14:06 -0500America/Chicago920140680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

I've seen a multitude of cases where people think they are lawfully resisting arrest when in fact they should be complying. The key is to know when you must comply, and when you do not have to; you do not have to comply to an unlawful search. Know your rights. If you're under the impression that you're not protected by the constitution then you're welcome to think that.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
If this happens to you say, nicely, "I do not consent to any search and, if I am not being detained, I would like to leave."

If you are then searched without probable cause, do not resist. You will at least have some ground to stand on later. Maybe.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

That's the law. Doesn't matter to them anymore though. They will push their boundaries until they are forced to stop. If its okay once they will do it as often as they please.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

It's a very simple matter of asking if i'm under arrest. If the answer is yes, then i would comply. If the answer is no, then they can't do anything to me.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I do know my rights, but I am under no delusion. I have witnessed first hand people thrown to the ground and cuffed when they mentioned their "rights". It all depends on the officer, but more and more are feeling above the law because nothing is done about their behavior. You only have right's if you live in a gated community.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Even under the correct circumstances resisting is likely to get you beat and/or killed. Police do not care if you know your rights and they don't care that you mustn't comply to unlawful searches. The best course of action is to simply comply and challenge them later in court. Too many psychos with badges to risk rightfully resisting.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

While this case holds less potential to evoke raw emotion, it nevertheless advances the narrative of walls of power closing in. Perhaps we'll soon run out of space between those walls; perhaps we already have. So long as a majority of Americans continue to pay the salaries of and comply utterly with their well armed public servants in blue, the perception of space to move about the room can only dwindle away.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

this is pretty fed up...Ive seen bar raids in college towns to deal with under age drinking...and they target certain bars but not others....but that is as simple as showing your id and leaving...this is freaking wild. I really think it comes down to budgett. Cities took a hit financially and cops were used to try to make some of the income back. I hope we have ww3 just cause im tired of looking at this # all day...few nukes should fix us all up.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join