It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think you dont live in a police state? Think again.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: halfpint0701

NC Defender manual? Did a search and everything comes up North Carolina. This took place in Kentucky.

I found a NC defender manual as well which states:

In many (although not all) of the situations described below, an officer may act without obtaining a warrant. The courts have long expressed a preference, how ever, for the use of both arrest and search warrants—even in situations where a warrant is not required.

Link

Strange..

edit on 14-9-2014 by IntroduceALittleIrony because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2014 by IntroduceALittleIrony because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

No, I think pockets are fair game. If they keep this behavior up then someday we will start to see people hitting back. To many have that warrior/anger gene for this to be a daily affair.

edit on 14-9-2014 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Semi disturbing I suppose. But what was more disturbing was that after the vid was done it had a link to others, one of which was of some kids beating and slamming a mentally disturbed man. And whats funny that in real life as well one generally leads into another, the group dynamic is pretty strong in humanity. You give a guy a badge and a uniform, and for some it really goes to there head, and well you know the nail that stick out gets hammered, especially if its socially accepted or expected.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

The most shocking thing to me from that video is out of what 50 - 100 people not one of them said "What is your reasonable suspicion?" "Am I under arrest?" "Am I free to go?"...

Not one bloody person, just sat there like lemons! Even the guy with the camera! He knew it was right to film but doesn't know that people don't have to take that crap?

Man... I dunno... You would think 1 of them would bloody stand up and be counted! Hell even perform citizens arrests as soon as that cop touches someone! It's against the damn law! WE ALL have the same powers as pigs pretty much, this is the thing people don't seem to get!

How many pigs were there? 3-4 maybe vs 50 - 100! Not much of a contest! What they gonna do shoot everyone in the bar... Wait... I think I know the answer to that! But hey someone has to take a pissin stand if they want this to STOP!
edit on 14-9-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I saw your post a few days ago and IMO even though many believe this is clearly wrong on many levels it is nothing compared to what the IRS has done to thousands of folks. I did not go back and read all the comments so if someone brought this up already excuse the redundancy.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I dunno about that, you saying you would rather get felt up by some jumped up guy than have someone target your financial record? I mean... they're both bad right enough... But I know what I'd prefer if forced to choose XD

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meee32

I dunno about that, you saying you would rather get felt up by some jumped up guy than have someone target your financial record? I mean... they're both bad right enough... But I know what I'd prefer if forced to choose XD

If it is a choice of losing all assets to include your house and spending time in prison for tax evasion then I can only assume most would say, "feel away"! Neither is a choice I ever want to face. Unfortunately there are many who are powerless to stop th abuses for they know not where to turn and certainly do not have the assets to fight and win a battle against a foe with almost unlimited abilities to intimidate if not outright destroy one's life.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Freedom....is just another word,... in a Janis Joplin song anymore. In reality, we have less of it all the time. We need to address this issue. Yet, one wonders if we have been complacent for far too long...when they can taze you and use sonic weapons and now the new Z-Ro to blind you for 20 minutes, one wonders how much one can do. Going to court sounds good as trying to take a stand at the time in person at the scene seems like it can be hazardous to ones health. We should have all started b*tchin and moanin and standing up for rights a long time ago. The excessive baton beatings in the good ole days was when we should have got the ball rolling. We waited too long...the baton beatings were bad enough.

I wonder if anyone would have objected in that bar, how far things would have escalated and what innocent may have gotten hurt. Going to court sounds good but one wonders how that would go too. If a judge goes against too many law enforcement, how will future cases go when their testimony and co-operation is needed. Maybe the judges just don't care anymore. Like the one in that Cheech and Chong movie that is sipping on vodka that looked like water. I just hope the game isn't too rigged and that we all still have a fighting chance to put an end to real abuse of power and injustice.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

But if you're evading taxes they gonna get you anyway right? At some point no? And say you are not evading taxes you would never know right? But in this case say you have nothing on you, you're still gonna get touched up and you'll know about that no?

Also equally if you do have something on you in the search example you could also face everything above right? Prison, lose your home etc... So no I really would go with finances XD

The rest I do agree with but in this circumstance at the bar some words can protect you, just some simple questions... I'd have that guy film as I ask them over and over... It works too. I know because I have done it... They dont like it sure but it works all the same and when I did it no-one was filming! lol

Dont feel powerless because we aren't not by a long way...

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Down the hole we go, hitting the walls of it the whole way down.

People have been upset of this kind of treatment for a while now and few have stood up an said "no" to it. But their victories are short lived and not far reaching. They very quick about putting up new rules to block any loop hole we use to fight for the little freedoms we have left.

I wonder what we'll do when all the loop holes are filled in and we can no longer play by their "fair rules". People can only stand or fall for playing a rigged game for so long.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Amerika.
Land Of the Free,
Home of the Repressed.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I don't know how to post so could somebody make a thread about this one?

www.cnn.com...

I hate the culture of celebrity but it looks like even being famous is no protection. As she points out she was showing public affection fully clothed. There's some police state and racism thrown in

Ironically she's most famous for django unchained. So essentially headline should be "black actress from movie about slavery and racism gets racially profiled in posh LA neighborhood". It only deescalated because her white boyfriend finally gave her ID.

Essentially there is no need for any crime at all anymore for police to create martial law in a local bubble.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: kicked

You are no longer protected by the constitution.

Actually, you are. Unless you're just going to allow them to take away your rights by an unlawful search. No one in that restaurant had to comply with a search.

Especially when the cops said they are there to help investigate liquor licence violations.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Donkey_Dean
a reply to: roadgravel

No, I think pockets are fair game.

Isn't it just patting for a weapon such as a firearm. This going through pockets they show often without cause is wrong.

Minnesota v. Dickerson, 508 U.S. 366 (1993), was a 1993 Supreme Court of the United States case. Decided June 7, 1993, the Court unanimously held that, when a police officer who is conducting a lawful patdown search for weapons feels something that plainly is contraband, the object may be seized even though it is not a weapon.

By a 6-to-3 vote, however, the court held that the officer in this case had gone beyond the limits of a lawful patdown search before he could determine that the object was contraband, making the search and the subsequent seizure unlawful under the Fourth Amendment.

That makes just going through pocket an illegal search.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join