It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Wants to Execute Man Who Killed Home Intruder Who Turned Out to Be SWAT Member

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterCoffee

I am a Texan. People have a lot of misconceptions.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
it's the police state protecting itself.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Just seeing the difference in the press pictures used really tells a story... And the first guy DID have some drugs in his house.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Let's hope the grand jury finds Mr Guy innocent; though a better outcome would be a change in the law limiting LEO's use of no knock raids.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Demographics. Somerville texas is a tiny town. Killeen texas is a lot larger.

According to the 2012 elections, Somerville is a conservative town, 81.5% voting GOP, way less likely to indict for defending home with a gun. For some strange reason Killeen is not on the list I found, still digging.

Sorry, meant to repply to the thread, not you benevolent heretic.
edit on Fri, 19 Sep 2014 17:39:28 -0500 by TKDRL because: can't type tonight jeez

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Do not ever believe in capital punishment and believe in buddist type temple healing prisons, and they'd be loaded with our politicians, Rothschild's and Rockerfellers and their minions primarily.

But not only no to the capital offense, but no to any jail time either. Home intrusion.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I should not accuse a whole state of being racist but what is going on? This is clear bias and racism, not by everyone in the state but seriously why the death penalty, why anytime at all, where are the people arguing for this man as they would someone else? The cops did not do their job or clearly they never would have went in, in the first place.....no drugs were found, one pipe does not make a drug dealer.

This guy did what many people would do, white, black what have you and I think had his color been different that in all likelyhood he would not be facing the death penalty.

What gets me is that Texas as a whole seems to get behind anyone who upholds their right to own a gun and to use it on home invaders. Texas is the state that many people are scrambling to move to because they allow them their Constitutional rights, and yet now they want to kill a man for exercising his.

If someone crawls through my window in the morning I will chop their freaking head off and it would be their fault. The cop/s were idiots. Why not steak the guy out and find out first off if the informant was honorable and whether or not there was any real probable cause, instead of crawling in the window....like a home invader.

I live in NY they don't like guns here, I had thought Texas was a different sort of state, I guess I was wrong. If this guy is given the death penalty then all Texans should hang their head in shame.....because the Constitution is dead there too.

edit on 19-9-2014 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: brandiwine14
Check the comment section here.
There are plenty arguing for him there.
Seems a lot of us arguing for him here as well. Not as many as I expected, but it is friday night though.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

That is good to know, I hope they keep it up.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
crazy thought.
what if they ware going to kill him
and make it look like a robbery gone bad?
but he stop't them?

do the police have kill teams?

edit on 19-9-2014 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
If texas don't stand up for this guy, and make the DA stand down, I will no longer stand with texas on anything.
edit on Fri, 19 Sep 2014 18:38:30 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I have heard the mounties do have at least one.....Kill team that is.....
Interesting question though......and these days very appropriately put.....it would seem so at times....
This guy get the chair AND TEXAS MAY REVOLT I BELIEVE.....

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
There's one thing you should always do in a break in, always identify the potential target before you point a gun at them (much less shoot them). Last thing you want to do is kill a family member or friend, or in this case an officer, because you clearly didn't identify your target.

That being said, I don't know enough about the guy or this case to know if there was any foul play involved or if it was just an honest mistake, so I won't comment on that.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: kx12x
Do your friends or family routinely try to creep and climb in your window in the wee hours of the morning? Mine sure as hell know better than that lol.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Double whammy

edit on Fri, 19 Sep 2014 19:01:30 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Now they are going to cry expecting anything different when breaking into a house. To top that off at just after 5:30am as the article shares. Maybe the suspected homeowner would have offered him some breakfast!

(shared in another comment, thanks!) To illustrate the issue:

Estimates show that the total number of SWAT deployments across the country has increased from a few hundred per year in the 1970s, to a few thousand per year in the 80s, and in 2010, the Washington Times reported estimates being as high as 50,000 per year.

Many of these are for nonviolent misdemeanor drug offenses, not big time drug kingpins. Should we really be risking lives of citizens and officers, over what someone chooses to put into their own body? Source

Oh, but no, execution is the answer if it does happen to swat members who break in!

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

No, but I wouldn't go shooting in the dark regardless. I meant that as a general statement anyway, applying to any kind of break in. ID'ing is always a good idea, you should never shoot at someone without determining whether or not they are a indeed a threat. Keeping a flashlight next to your weapon is a good idea (I don't like mounted lights personally, since anything you point your light at, you're also pointing your gun at). A quick on-off is all you need, then react accordingly.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: brandiwine14

There hasn't been a trial and the man hasn't been convicted. It's not like he is on death row.

It is worth noting that Killeen is basically Fort Hood. It's people are a big part of the population and drive the place.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: kx12x
Yeah, you are right. You identify it is an armed masked man climbing in with a quick on-off, then what? Is cop the first thing that pops into your mind there?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: beatboxaaaaaaa If I was on the jury, this guy would walk.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join