It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Wants to Execute Man Who Killed Home Intruder Who Turned Out to Be SWAT Member

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Attempting to serve a search warrant by entering a house through a window got Killeen, Texas, Police Detective Charles Dinwiddie shot in the face and killed last May. It was yet another SWAT raid organized for a purpose other than the reason they were invented. The police had a search warrant looking for narcotics at the home of Marvin Louis Guy, 49. They decided to serve this warrant at 5:30 in the morning and without knocking on his door. He opened fire on them, killing Dinwiddie and injuring three others.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Rest of the story in the link. I'm really curious to why they would go through the window? It's unfortunate someone lost their life but c'mon...how in the hell are you gonna serve a warrant at that time and try to sneak through a window of all places...what's really going on with these people?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I dont know, Personally, I think the Death penalty shopuld be reserved for those that knew they were going to kill before doing so. I think because the Victim was a police officer, your more likely to fall victim to the death penalty, especially Texas.

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Why is he the criminal. I can't believe decent Texas Grand jury would even indict a person under this circumstance.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Really well written article too. Right amount of outrage while sticking with facts. He had no giant drug stash and was defending himself from unknown intruders.

Do we need any more examples of police not doing their job. This isn't Scarface or the old west.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Here we go, the infamous no-knock warrant.

I think police should be taking chances at their own risk with these. How is a person to know it's the police if they don't make it really known.

On Friday, May 9, 2014, just after 5:30am in Killeen, Texas, Marvin Louis Guy was the target of a no knock raid.

Since the shooting occurred during the break in, a reasonable person would assume they had not yet identified themselves as police officers. How on earth is this not self defense?

Link

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
ETA: I just read the reply right before mine.

Sigh, The Police should have listened to Forrest

Stupid is as stupid does.

edit on 19-9-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
While I don't understand how this can't be basically someone shooting to protect his home, I guess I'm just surprised that he survived this. With everything turning up bad with the police, I'm surprised they didn't fire back, which they would surely claim was self defense.

He seems really lucky to me.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: beatbox

Open carry, self defense and stand your ground are by and for white people. Black defendants and white juries are severely tilted towards guilty verdicts.

In Ohio, which is an open carry state, a black man carrying a BB gun from the store shelf, was murdered in the Walmart by a LEO who basically shot on sight. All on video. The cop got a paid vacation.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Here we go, the infamous no-knock warrant.

I think police should be taking chances at their own risk with these. How is a person to know it's the police if they don't make it really known.

On Friday, May 9, 2014, just after 5:30am in Killeen, Texas, Marvin Louis Guy was the target of a no knock raid.

Since the shooting occurred during the break in, a reasonable person would assume they had not yet identified themselves as police officers. How on earth is this not self defense?

Link

See the red dot, shoot a lot.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a man exercising his gun rights...against the popo. in texas. where one is a huge passion outshone only by women and beer and the other is a crime against humanity. can you say ironic?
edit on 19-9-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Stories like this frighten me. Because sometimes they do get the wrong house and never properly identify themselves. If this happened to my home, I'd be assuming the end game would be my family tied up getting assaulted in the basement while they have me on the phone trying to collect ransom or simply watching them get executed. A police raid would be the last conclusion I would draw since I don't have anything illegal going on. That means I wouldn't comply and I'd be swinging my club at every head I saw, myself getting killed in the chaos. By police. That I spent my life supporting with my paychecks.

It's screwed up. I mean seriously screwed up. I don't understand how we consider no-knock warrants to be a valid way to approach an innocent-until-proven-guilty citizen of the United States.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Open carry, self defense and stand your ground are by and for white people. Black defendants and white juries are severely tilted towards guilty verdicts.

In Ohio, which is an open carry state, a black man carrying a BB gun from the store shelf, was murdered in the Walmart by a LEO who basically shot on sight. All on video. The cop got a paid vacation.

Wow... can YOU people give it damn rest already with the race BS? What does everything have to be about race?! Stick to the topic, if the topic doesn't suit, then start your own thread.

As far as the story goes, the man is innocent. I would have shot the intruder as well. Again it will be interesting how the jury handles this one. Either way it is decided it will set precedence for future cases.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It appears this was a black man who shot the cop? Am I wrong on that?

I am not one of those people who bring up race issues a lot if at all, but wow....way to go racist Texas.

This was Texas where the freedom to own a gun is of utmost importance right? One of the main reasons people say they need to own a gun is to prevent home invasions. This guy is not psychic, this appeared to be a home invasion, what the hell else was he supposed to do?

I am flabbergasted, had this been an invasion would he not get a high five?

So what somebody said he was a drug dealer, people lie, people give the wrong info sometimes because they are idiots and sometimes because they are vindictive... Do police not do stakeouts anymore? Opting instead to act out their Die Hard fantasies.

If they convict him for doing what many people would do when someone enters their home in the middle of the night then they sentence a man to death for defending the right that our Constitution grants us. WTF????? How can that even be a possibility?
edit on 19-9-2014 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Guy should go free, He didn't do anything wrong minus having a glass pipe in his house. They found no drugs, the information they used to get a no knock warrant was from an "informant" who claimed he seen bags of a white substance around the house.

Crawling through people's windows unannounced at 5:30am in America is bound to get people shot. Sometimes homeowners, sometimes home invaders and in this instance cops. It's a shame, it really is but if this is what they are are going to do "no knock" raids for, I'm sure this won't be the last time this happens.

RIP Common Sense

RIP The Fourth Amendment
edit on 19-9-2014 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
If you were to forget for a minute the man coming through the window was a police officer, would the homeowner have a clear cut case for shooting the intruder?

I Imagine he would but I don't know how any of the laws relating to this actually read.

If he is clearly within his rights to shoot the intruder(forgetting for the moment he is a LEO) that should really be all the defense he should need. What should it really matter what profession the intruder chose for a living.

What if a firefighter ran into a burning house and lost his life. Later upon investigation the cause of the fire is determined an accident as a result of the homeowners actions...faulty wire, falling asleep smoking, stove top fire etc... should that homeowner now be charged with murder and face the death penalty?

All cops are portrayed as "heroes" because they put their life on the line every day. This one made the decision to crawl through the window like a burglar would.

Not knowing all the facts, such as possible steel security door and his past record is impossible to fall on either side.

whoever came up with the plan to go through the window as opposed to battering down the front door bears some responsibility in this as well.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
No-knock warrants are stupid, who thought that one up? Risking the life of everyone in the neighborhood, just so someone can't flush some drugs is plain old stupid.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: brandiwine14

way to go racist Texas

Hopefully you are referring to the police, not the average person.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Swat team member committed suicide by free citizen. Never really liked that whole "suicide by cop..." excuse, I guess they finally got a taste of their own medicine.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Why is he the criminal. I can't believe decent Texas Grand jury would even indict a person under this circumstance.

You can't? Apparently you've never heard of Texas before. They looooooove executing people. I'm pretty sure their state flower is the electric chair.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
In Texas there is precedence of innocence of a residence defending his self with the use deadly force during a no knock raid that supports the innocence of Mr Guy:

Let’s flash back to December, in Texas, for a moment. On December 19, also just before 6am, Burleson County Sgt. Adam Sowders, led a team in a no-knock marijuana raid on Henry Goedrich Magee’s mobile home in Somerville. Also startled by these intruders, Magee opened fire, fearing for the safety of himself and his then pregnant girlfriend. Sowders was unfortunately killed among the chaos. In February, just a few months before the fateful raid in Killeen, all charges against Magee were dropped when a Texas grand jury refused to indict, based on them believing he feared for his safety and that this was a reasonable act of self defense.

source

Read the article to see why Mr Guy's case is being treated differently.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join