It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polls Close In Historic Scottish Referendum

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danbones
question:
is this independence or a sample of the technique of balkanisation and divide and conquer?

PS
While Brits ( and the peeps of the `insert currently used imperialist country army tool` here) are great, I don't think the Bavarian bloodline Coburg Sacks Gotha / Windsor Imperialism has done anyone but the One Percenters any good. The new tactic is rule by socio/ fascist corporatism, which can be cloaked in what appears to be independence, and allows for peep control, and the resource rape by the technocracy.

PPS
GO Yes

You could have a point. Look at what happened when England pulled out of Barbados, Jamaica, South Carolina (to a lesser extent), Uganda, Kenya, India....its like they toot for "independence" and then destabilize the country, almost like letting it break itself so they can come back the victor.

England doing England 21st Century Style.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
They say that it is 99% certen that the Scottish people are going to say NO.

That is the latest News from Norway.

Can you give any links to that figure please, we here in the UK are unaware of any indication of anything.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stackpot
Yes to Scotland! Scotland today, California tomorrow.

The US will never EVER let another secede happen EVER again. They will go rogue suicide bomber first.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Has anyone seen anything real about the numbers? So far, it looks like I can only find opinion and guesswork.

Something smells very fishy to me.
edit on 1892014 by Snarl because: Punctuation

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArchPlayer
Look at what happened when England pulled out of Barbados, Jamaica, South Carolina (to a lesser extent), Uganda, Kenya, India....

Kinda not the history that I was taught. Got turfed. Upper Colonial speaking here though.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

They have taken in or are in the process of taking in all the ballot boxes. Then they have to count how many votes were cast. Then they separate yes and no votes.

To my knowledge, the actual count, the last step in the process, has not started yet.

They (the BBC) say there was some kind of blockage on the A9 motorway that is interfering with ballot box transport in one area, I believe.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

they are probably running with the quote from the president of YouGov Peter Kellner. It is in the Guardian link I posted.

Pollster Peter Kellner: "At risk of looking utterly ridiculous in a few hours time I would say it’s a 99% chance of a No victory"

edit on 9/18/2014 by howmuch4another because: speeeling

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Here are the last YouGov figures:

www.reuters.com...

Scotland's verdict on the union should be clear around breakfast time on Friday, but a YouGov poll of 1,828 voters previously polled indicated 54 percent of Scots would back the union while 46 percent would seek independence.

"This YouGov poll indicates the union has prevailed," YouGov research manager Laurence Janta-Lipinski told Reuters of the survey carried out on Thursday which was not an exit poll. "It looks like the union will remain intact for the time being."

edit on 18-9-2014 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

The counting is well onits way.

Sports Arena in Glasgow.

North Lanarkshire will have their Count ready at around 01:45.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I was surprised to read this:

www.reuters.com...

Alex Salmond, the 59-year-old nationalist leader, told hundreds of supporters in Perth at a final rally: "This is our opportunity of a lifetime and we must seize it with both hands."

Salmond has said Queen Elizabeth should stay on as Queen of Scots. She has remained above the fray, in keeping with the constitution, but said on Sunday she hoped Scots would choose "carefully".

One of the BBC "No" spokesperson said that the "Yes" campaign had promised voters almost anything to get votes, because of the tactical importance of getting maximum support for one vote. Practical bridges could be crossed (or burned) later.

Of course the Queen is Queen of many countries of the former British colonies. I guess it just surprised me that the Nats leader could be a monarchist in that way. I'd have expected more of a republican mentality, as an outside observer.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Thanks for the correction. I did hear it explained on BBC that they were doing that now, dividing the votes into yes, no and to be ruled on by an official of some sort.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
According to the BBC, we should have some returns in an hour or two.

There is nothing showing yet on the Sky News website.

news.sky.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
There are problems With the Count in Glasgow. So far at least ten People have been found to have voted two times.

That is from Sky News.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

According to the YouGov spokesperson on the BBC, if the vote is tight or close in Glasgow, the No side will take the referendum.

He says that Yes must win comfortably in Glasgow to win the referendum. A close vote in Glasgow, mean Scotland goes "No".

They are saying that the closeness of the poll results may have had the effect of bringing out the No voters.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchPlayer

If a state decided to secede, it would have to pay its portion of the national debt back.

This ain't happening any time soon for anyone.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit

According to the YouGov spokesperson on the BBC, if the vote is tight or close in Glasgow, the No side will take the referendum.

He says that Yes must win comfortably in Glasgow to win the referendum. A close vote in Glasgow, mean Scotland goes "No".

Yes i saw that. Peter Kellner explained.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
These six locations are done With their Counts. I am not sure when they are going to state their results.

EDIT: The % is how many who voted from each location.

Inverclyde - 87,4 prosent

Orkney – 83,7 prosent

Clackmannshire – 88,6 prosent

West Dunbartonshire – 87,9 prosent

Dundee – 78,8 prosent

Renfrewshire – 87,3 prosent

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
These six locations are done With their Counts. I am not sure when they are going to state their results.

EDIT: The % is how many who voted from each location.

Inverclyde - 87,4 prosent

Orkney – 83,7 prosent

Clackmannshire – 88,6 prosent

West Dunbartonshire – 87,9 prosent

Dundee – 78,8 prosent

Renfrewshire – 87,3 prosent

Is this confirmed? I was waiting for the results or is this poll data please.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

That's just the turn outs percentage.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The first results are to come out in a few minuts "7 to be exact"

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join