It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polls Close In Historic Scottish Referendum

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: InvisibleOwl
a reply to: alldaylong

I call it you reaching. He clearly stated that if Native Americans had a referendum, he would support it.

I am curious why you care what he posts. You post in threads that do not relate to your country; why can't he?

You just don't get it do you >

An American talking about Independence is a complete joke.

Why is that? Explain.

How many country can you list where the U.S. has politically interfered ? Instead of leaving those " independent " countries to their own devices.

I don't think i need to say more.

OH you have a point! A big point and I don't like that either. I protest and campaign against that as well. Yet still, I can walk and chew gum at the same time. I can be against US imperialism, and still support freedom for the Scots, Palestinians, and Native Americans and more. As a fully functioning human, I can do, think, support and condemn many things at the same time, as can you. What my corrupt government does here in the USA does not, one bit, have anything to do with my support of Scottish independence.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Anyone can be interested for any number of reasons. I am married to Scott so I am interested. Sorry if I'm an American also. Geez.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I call it you reaching. He clearly stated that if Native Americans had a referendum, he would support it.

I am curious why you care what he posts. You post in threads that do not relate to your country; why can't he?

Why is that? Explain.

How many country can you list where the U.S. has politically interfered ? Instead of leaving those " independent " countries to their own devices.

I don't think i need to say more.
Could you please clarify your stance on this subject, I have re read this thread twice but am unable to understand your stance. Sorry but clarification would be benificial.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Mind you gonna give us all more local powers either way.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Been watching this with interest.

Not sure how I feel about it. I am of Scottish descent. (something I never thought about until a good friend from England one day saw a picture of me for the first time, and said: You're a Scot! I was very confused, since I'm an American and told her as much. She said: Ginger hair? Freckles? The temper of yours? It's so OBVIOUS your of Scottish descent! And yes, she is right. My grand mother found that our family goes WAY back to the Highlands).

But....I'm 300 years removed from there, sooooooo......

Still, it is a very interesting part of history and watching it unfold in my life is interesting.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Mind you gonna give us all more local powers either way.

Do you think Westminster will renege on the Devo Max pledge in the event of a NO? That would certainly blow things up a bit.
LINK

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: howmuch4another
Anyone can be interested for any number of reasons. I am married to Scott so I am interested. Sorry if I'm an American also. Geez.

The cheek of it. Having an opinion of a situation in a country you do not live in? I am both shocked and apalled at the very concept of you doing so. How very dare you sir, I suggest you take yourself to the naughty step and stay there until you know better.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
excellent...I read that with an accent. here's a star.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Any human being has the right to talk about independence. It's one of those inalienable rights things. I think maybe you are the one who "just don't get it". People are not trying to determine policy or even politics here, they are showing support for an ideal; one that most western civilizations cherish, even if most of our governments only pay lip service to it.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I just read this with a cross between french/cockney accent. Star to you.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Thank you but I hope it was an English accent as I am English. I personally believe that England will be worse off without Scotland but 100% respect there rights to leave the UK.

On a side note I am going to give it a couple of years and if it looks better am moving to Scotland.

link   
A couple of minutes ago on the BBC coverage a BBC reporter and a spokesperson for the Scot's Nats got into a bit of a minor, polite, head butting session over whether or not a demonstration initiated by the "Naw" side was designed to intimidate reporters.

The BBC lady was insisting she had not been intimidated. The spokesperson said that might be but the intention of the demo was to do just that.

link   

Guess im stuck on the naughty step. Lol regardless of the results I wish the best for all of you over there.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I just read this with a cross between french/cockney accent. Star to you.

North Nottinghamsire if that means anything to anybody

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
question:
is this independence or a sample of the technique of balkanisation and divide and conquer?

PS
While Brits ( and the peeps of the `insert currently used imperialist country army tool` here) are great, I don't think the Bavarian bloodline Coburg Sacks Gotha / Windsor Imperialism has done anyone but the One Percenters any good. The new tactic is rule by socio/ fascist corporatism, which can be cloaked in what appears to be independence, and allows for peep control, and the resource rape by the technocracy.

PPS
GO Yes

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

Well, we can agree on yes...

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Thank you but I hope it was an English accent as I am English. I personally believe that England will be worse off without Scotland but 100% respect there rights to leave the UK.

On a side note I am going to give it a couple of years and if it looks better am moving to Scotland.

as fine of an english accent as I could muster...I also agree with your assessment.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
They say that it is 99% certen that the Scottish people are going to say NO.

That is the latest News from Norway.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

We've had this conversation brother, I admit without a doubt that is a blight on American history and if they wished to form a nation I would support it. I am only a third generation American I feel I have a right to quietly support.

The Hopi's are the only ones that formed/maintained their nation without making a deal with the government and in return they are not recognized as their own country within the US, but they tried.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Yes to Scotland! Scotland today, California tomorrow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join