It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Just Threw His Top Military Commander Under The Bus

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Boots or no boots? Troops or no troops? I'm so f'n confused with this administration that jaw-dropping doesn't even come close any more. Every day there is a change, something different said, I am so ashamed of our current douchebag of a coward running the show. It's like a bad nightmare that never ends...you try to wake up but can't....so you start screaming and still you can't find the door. This can't go on for much longer. Where is the leadership? ANY leadership at all from this turd would be helpful.

Essentially, Barack Obama — in advance of any actual experience on this Iraqi battlefield — is telling his top war fighters what they will and/or will not do. He is also signaling to the enemy the extent to which America is willing to engage ISIS fighters who have proven they’re willing to do whatever it takes.

Stunning - Obama Just Threw His Top Military Commander Under The Bus

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
From the article, I find that Dempsey said he "might" recommend boots,,,,if.

Obama said he does not want boots. Hardly throwing Dempsey under the bus.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
sensationalism for the masses.....more propaganda for one side or the other, with zero real content. meh

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I heard Obama's speech, and he said pretty forcefully, "As The Commander In Chief I Can Tell You There will be No boots on the ground, Period". So no matter what Dempsey would recommend, Obama is going to call the shots from a no-military-experience, seat of the pants type of view which I would say is pretty disrespectful to Dempsey. Dempsey is boxed into a corner going into this. That's how I see it.

Now yesterday, I think it was maybe boots on the ground, the day before No boots, etc. I can't say what tomorrow will be.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Ya what part of this is throwing him under the bus?Does the author of this article understand what that means?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Maybe "throwing under the bus" can be read in this case as "getting on the bus and riding it for a few miles, until you reach your destination", kind of the same thing, yes?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

Well he IS The Commander and Chief.

But your right, he needs experience. I say we put him on the Front Line.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
No boots on the ground sounds good to me. Why should we get more Americans killed when there are other nations that are already fighting on the ground? The armchair Generals need to get it through their heads that we can do just an air campaign just like we did in Libya and get the job done.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Yesterday, I got a kick out of Lindsey Graham telling a general he didn't know how to run the war machine. That man is scary.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

I heard Obama's speech, and he said pretty forcefully, "As The Commander In Chief I Can Tell You There will be No boots on the ground, Period".

They always say that. No boots (just bombs) is what they mean--- for now. Of course bombs hit the ground anyway and we all know that bombs with no boots doesn't fulfill the objective.

I heard Dempsey's remarks, sort of taken out of context by some media outlets.

The full statement was something like, If Washington gives me a scenario that requires boots then I will make that recommendation.

Don't be confused by how they say stuff. That is their intent to sow confusion and then get away with murder. Just like every scenarios is built up to the solution of war.

Take the current evil enemy. ISIS is an Islamic State, right? So we got the usual Islam (they are always to blame) and the word State, which they don't have but sounds good to make them bigger in our minds.

When they say advisors they mean boots on the ground. But build that idea slowly as Americans are always glad to hear of another endless war somewhere that needs fresh blood and treasure dumped on it.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I heard Obama's speech, and he said pretty forcefully, "As The Commander In Chief I Can Tell You There will be No boots on the ground, Period".

Ahhh would that be the same as when he said "if you like your plan you can keep your plan PERIOD " or "If you like your doctor You can keep your doctor PERIOD"

yep im convinced

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
is it just me or does anyone else, think of Vietnam,, and the order u can go anywhere u want,,except Cambobia,,or downtown Hanoi.

might turn Obama's Dream
into the new American Vietnam,,,

don't think Bobby Kennedy would have approved

,,or was that Bill Clinton??

u know the Democratic Presidency that never was.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
We shouldn't be too surprised by the chaotic nature in which this administration is run. It takes a while to get the poll results back after they announce the latest plans. Obama policy is just like the NFL...run by the media reaction.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
No boots on the ground doesn't apply to the soldiers we already have on the ground?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Don't you think our charismatic President who said when running the first time that all we need to do is sit across a table and discuss it out should take the lead and go to ISIS, sit across the table from them, and talk them into being peaceful.

He claimed he could end the middle east problems by doing this. So let him.

Send Obama to ISIS not troops. Let the messiah calm the storm.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

good idea,, but the Pope is already got dibs,,,

he is going too Albania,, too have a sit down with the Muslims,,

ps

he asks for prayer,,or at least some contemplation on this act of Faith.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I don't think the people busting to go to war with a fabricated enemy need to worry to much. When he says "no boots on the ground", he's merely establishing the idea of a bloodless war in peoples minds.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
Don't you think our charismatic President who said when running the first time that all we need to do is sit across a table and discuss it out should take the lead and go to ISIS, sit across the table from them, and talk them into being peaceful.

He claimed he could end the middle east problems by doing this. So let him.

Send Obama to ISIS not troops. Let the messiah calm the storm.

Why not just process impeachment for Obama, and encourage Harrison Ford for president? that's a good idea, there might even be a result..like this,

Or this,

The thing is, IS as it is now known has now't to do with Islam, or pretty much anything remotely religious.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
From the OP article...

In promising no new combat troops in the struggle against ISIS in Iraq, Obama has said that the great majority of the ground fighting must be handled by the Iraqi army, with air support and combat advice from the United States.

I really don't see this as bad or throwing someone under the bus.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

i mean i know its hard to fathom, but its the Internet connected world , now.

Hell some people were able to watch Bengazi live,, cause of live streaming,,

cause its the Internet,,

U dont think the first american CAPTIVE boots on the ground aint gonna be war Gold for the enemy??

They better be better protected than the famous windtalkers,,,

cause u know they do like too put on a video event,,

like Ciecle B Demille,,only with color.

<<   2  3 >>

join