It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"New" to ATS, and I need advice/help.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I have been surfing through ATS for about a solid month now but only felt compelled to join today because of a certain story that has happened today. I am in need of advice from many of my fellow ATS members. I would greatly appreciate it. I will first give you some background than on with the story.

I am currently in my early twenties, male, and in the "Mind Molding Program", I mean college. Ever since middle school I have always internally questioned the ideas brought forth by my teachers, parents, etc. not until high school was it that I started actually seeking my own answers for the questions I had. Since freshman year of high school I can remember spending long hours up all night scouring over YouTube videos and poorly written made websites about all of these hypotheses on politics, federal reserve, 9/11, the list goes on, right?

We all have been there on those nights when you feel sleep depreciation pulling at your eyes, but you keep on plowing through that information like you just found the gold mine. Well I have been on and off like this for the past 7-8 years; however, I have never not once mentioned my ideas or thoughts of my own to my parents, friends, or any other close person...until recently...

I have spent countless hours watching Jordan Maxwell, Zeitgeist, Project Camelot, Terence McKenna, and many many others. I have always wanted the truth from people, and I have always wanted to be honest with people, which is the reason for my problem today.

Last year I met a girl who I have fallen in love with, and we have spent much time together. Now she is well aware of my late hours of watching "conspiracy $h!+" (her words) and seems to have a growing concern with my interest of what I like to call "truth seeking".

Today her and I had a family dinner with my mother, which was wonderful until my mother decided to bring up church and mass media and popular music, which hey I am all for the brain-washing, but I don't even believe in drinking alcohol because I don't want to mess up my head so why would I want to do any of those things. Never the less she had her little chat with me about all the stuff, and basically asked what I thought and I said I don't listen to popular media because I don't like being indoctrinated. She laughed and said "Oh you with your conspiracy stuff! You are too silly sometimes." She had assumed I was joking, but then my girlfriend piped up and said "No, he really believes that, and he constantly is watching this stuff online and reading about it."

Then my mother and girlfriend both had a very serious face on and made eye contact with each other and just had that look of understanding between each other. My mother than decided she would try and figure out all that I believed and how "crazy" I was to her, so she asked me some questions and her and my girlfriend seemed to be very concerned with the answers. After the questioning both my girlfriend and mother said "we are very concerned with and very worried about you. We think you may need to talk with someone." I dismissed them and proceeded to suggest that I was very sure my mental state was far better than theirs and I didn't need help from a psychiatrist to F$&@ things up, which only seemed to make things worse.

Anyways my girlfriend and I left, and on the way home my girlfriend said "How do those people make money? How are you going to take care of us in the future? I am so afraid for myself and you. How do you know those people aren't just working with those big bad people anyways?" I didn't have much to say aside from just nodding and slowly withdrawing into myself because that's what I had done all those years in high school when I was the weird nerd, so that's the only response I knew. I am very introverted and doing this now I think of just deleting it even though this is the least extroverted thing I can do.

I don't care about being a normal citizen (robot, cog, puppet) in any society because I am a human being and I need someone to talk with that understands me and not judges me because I ask questions about everything because I can't believe everything someone tells me. I have to seek for myself.

I told her that "you're right I don't know who these people are but if at least 50% of what they say is true than I want to know it because even if they are working with those big bad guys to screw everyone else than at least they are being honest to an extent so I can get a better grasp on the these big bad people and I can know the truth about my world I live in. I don't like being a blind sheep following everything that CNN tells you. I honestly hate you watching that trash, but do I complain about it? Not once! I let you watch it because you like "being informed"", which was the end our conversation.

This is the end of my story, and I would greatly appreciate the advice and wisdom from other fellow members on the subject of how to act or walk/talk like the rest of the crowd. I would also like to get some information on the member that is advising me. Just Age, and maybe like career or job. Nothing too descriptive but enough to know that of look this guy is on ATS but he is a doctor, CEO, Pizza Hut delivery boy, or whatever because I want to get a feel of where my path of truth seeking is going to be accepted or denied or whatever. Anyways I really appreciate you reading this post and I am very thankful that I have someone who is listening because I need some advise and wisdom and guidance.
edit on 14-9-2014 by Nosollar because: Fixing Spaces

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Do yourself a favor, and put some breaks in your "wall of text".

May your stay here be a warm and cozy one, and may you find the answers you seek.
edit on 14-9-2014 by Doodle19815 because: Fixing a typo

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

edit on 14-9-2014 by Nosollar because: Deleted

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nosollar
Thank you very much! Is that better?
a reply to: Doodle19815

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Nosollar

Quite the introduction. Take some advice from your mom and girlfriend and live a little. Just because u have personal beliefs doesn't mean you can't enjoy the same things other people do, and just because you have opposing views doesn't mean you have flap your gums everytime someone says something you don't agree with.

They are right to a certain extent. All the "sources" you are looking for truth from are mostly half baked lies and those people are making their living sucking in people like you.

So you're not a sheep you're a mark. Not really any better. Just relax a bit and enjoy life, find a couple people on the same page as you to confide in (maybe make sure they have the their heads screwed in straight first)

Sounds like you wear your heart & brain on your sleeve. Time to wrap them up and really find out what's going on in the world, cause you never get the answer you are looking for by asking the obvious question.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS..

Try to put a space in and break up the run on paragraph.

Any rodent that comes alone here ( avatars ) are good... beezers and wabbits....

Destinyone will bring cake and support.... don't cross her..

Never buy the extended warranty....

And you must drink a triple shot every time you see the member ( hehehe ) Springer pop into a thread!
Good luck..
Comment ( with a brain ) 20 times..
And you may start your own thread..

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Welcome NoSollar to a great website that is ATS!! These people here will either tear up some things you write, or be very helpful. don't let the nay sayers get you down.

You are on the right path, our new friend, and keep on trudging down that path...... I too came here seeking truth. I found that and SO MUCH MORE!!!
Enjoy your time here. I know it will do You good!!! Syx.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Thank you very much for the welcome. I do live, but I am not always out to disagree. I keep my mouth shut more often than not, but only recently have I found courage in speaking my mind after so long of silence. As Robert Anton Wilson once said " Don't believe everyone else's BS, don't fully buy into what everyone tells you not your own thoughts and ideas because the world is a constantly evolving thing." Very true and I do my best to keep certain ideas and chuck there and just keep what I think is truth which is different for everyone. Again thank you!
What is a mark?
a reply to: boncho

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Thank you very much for welcoming me and posting on my introduction. I feel that this site will bring me great wisdom and guidance along with very much truth and enjoyment in my life. I hope to meet many people and talk ideas with you all. Thank you again!!

a reply to: Bigburgh

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well I hope this post wasn't too awful to read. It Is a first for me to actually attempt to communicate with people outside my family/close friends. Thank you for reading this. I hope to enjoy many conversations with you and many others. I look forward to the truth that I will find. Thank you again!
a reply to: SyxPak

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Warm Welcome to the ATS Family. Yes, we are a family. Don't turn out to be that weird Uncle we have to hide in the basement, and all will be well.

Here's your Welcome Cookies...enjoy...

Des

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
We may never know the truth and spending too much time watching that stuff can drive you mad. It's not bad to follow these things but ultimately you do need to live life. Find a few other conspiracy people you can discuss with these issues and be able to laugh about some topics so those things don't scare you too much.

You are pretty young and as crazy as it seems will probably change your compete perspective on life quite a few times and ideas you once believed in will seem foolish at times.

Follow things that seem interesting to you and that will be your best path in life. Maybe with your parents and girlfriend don't freak them out too much who knows if the things you are seeing and learning are quite right. I feel the collaboration between all these ideas are closer to the truth than just one perspective.
Oh I'm early 30s with college behind me and am a supervisor for a multimilluon dollar big business.

Good luck out there maybe one day we'll know the truth!
edit on 14-9-2014 by IBossJekler because: typo

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. You can find just about everything here as far as opinions.

Something you might think about is separating and compartmentalizing. By that I mean there are social settings for light chit chat, working conditions where the task is at hand, and deeply personal relationships where some feel the need to expose their soul (for lack of a better word).

IMO if you know something with every fiber of your body and you are the only one in a room who believes in something... So what?
Right or wrong these thoughts are your own and until others have walked in your shoes do not expect them to accept your take on the world. Sometimes it is better to listen than to talk...those who listen tend to learn better than the talkers IMO.

I guess what I am kinda saying is you will not change most peoples minds...As you age, it will surprise you how many people end up thinking the same as you.. Welcome to ATS

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
You seem to be speaking to an audience that doesn't care to see past their preconceived notions.

Personally I would not have a parent and a significant other both in a situation where they could collude to have me committed.

Do you not see an issue with neither of them cared about your thoughts ?! Find a new girlfriend and remind your mom's she taught you to think for yourself.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Show her this picture...It's my favorite.

Good Luck...

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS Nosollar glad you're aboard.

Going head to head with those still locked in the Matrix is usually a losing endeavor. There will be some who may listen or at least be receptive but let them come to you. Don't overpower people with conspiracy topics or you'll just drive them away. Much like those who like to constantly preach at unbelievers.

Refs: Ex-military, IT Systems Engineer and American patriot among other things.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nosollar

What is a mark?
a reply to: boncho

Someone that doesn't know what a mark is.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Hello,

Here is my advice:

If you are seeking the truth, then believe that Jesus died for your sins, then habitually confess your known sins to God as needed. Then you can ask God the questions, He will guide you. Dont take my word for it, try it yourself.

Dont let people tell you what to believe, especially me.

Stand up for yourself. If your girlfriend doesnt like what you believe, then part ways if it is a problem.

On the other hand, dont become addicted to your research. You have to step back and live a little, or you will fall into a disinfo trap. If you cant step away, you will not think clearly.

I would also like to get some information on the member that is advising me. Just Age, and maybe like career or job. Nothing too descriptive but enough to know that of look this guy is on ATS but he is a doctor, CEO, Pizza Hut delivery boy, or whatever because I want to get a feel of where my path of truth seeking is going to be accepted or denied or whatever.

This makes me a little suspicious of who you really might be. Here at ATS, we are from all walks of life: Christians, Jews, Muslims, truckers, social workers, 40 year old nerds living with their moms, etc. Dont seek validation from others, you will only be taking up their flaws.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
His Nos and welcome to ATS. Quite an introduction brother. Not to sound like an old fogey but you are going to come across many people in life that do not share your passion for the truth and you might want to come to terms with that. I personally like to take a page from a Japanese friend of mine and compartmentalize this passion along with my other interests. After all, if we don't take care of business then we cannot further the search for the truth. Your ride will be full of ups and downs, thats what life is. I am glad you found us here, as we are the perfect wall to bounce your musings of of. Best of luck and again, welcome.
George
And even though you don't drink-

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
The truth is never popular, strange but true...

The man who tells the truth is universally disliked by every person because every person has an agenda and is hiding behind a fantasy which the truth penetrates like an arrow and leaves him stripped naked before the whole universe, and he does not like that." ~ Milton William Cooper

Some extremely powerful words.

What if everything you believed was a lie?

What if you woke up tomorrow and everything you had thought was true was a deception? A deception formed by people that stood to profit from your ignorance. Not just on one small area but every facet of your existence. Would you want to know? Or, would you be content with the life you had before you discovered the truth? Could you close your eyes and act as if nothing ever happened? What if you could see the ways that you have been deceived and the way that those that came before you were made to believe a lie? How valuable would the truth become? Would it make you change your habits? your routines? the way you talk or think or speak? Would it impact you or would you brush it off and carry on with business as usual?

What if after waking up you decided to respond to that truth? What if you started studying history and world events and, like a string of pearls, events were no longer random but contained a sequence? What if that sequence was repeating? What if while studying these events they began to seem familiar?
LINK

"Just look at us. Everything is backwards; everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge, governments destroy freedom, the major media destroys information, and religions destroy spirituality." ~ Michael Ellner

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent." ~ Thomas Jefferson

"History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people".- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Claire Kuchever: What if you had to tell someone the most important thing in the world, but you knew they'd never believe you?

Doug Carlin: I'd try.

People have always been warned about what's coming since the very beginning of time and yet they STILL ignore the most important things in the world.

End result: "They don't have a clue..."

FYI: Zeitgeist was created to distort reality and lead people AWAY from the Truth.

Zeitgeist is theosophy based NWO propaganda and the philosophy behind it comes from the writings of H. P. Blavatsky.

See post here for more...

Oh, welcome to ATS!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join