It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Atheist's will be saved according to the Gospel of John...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Strangely, the Pentagon loves Christians in its ranks, but likes to deny atheists the 'right to serve'.

Very odd that you'd prefer people who have as their creed 'Thou Shalt Not Kill' rather than people who can think for themselves.... or is that the whole point?

Followers are better killers, they just switch allegiances without any hesitation.

If a majority of 'Christians' would refuse to join the army, we'd have peace on earth. How come we don't, yet? What part of that bible you love to thump and quote don't you get?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Just remember athiest and everyone else still have to recoginize the son in order to allow passage to the father. No matter how good you are you still have to have faith that jesus is the son and you must submit to the will of god at some point.

Finally someone said it. Jesus saves ..........how you live your life will not save you. And those who think an atheist will inherit the kingdom of God is in for a big surprise.

I believe there will be many atheist who when they come "face to face" with God will then change their beliefs immediately.....but there are those who hate him and want nothing to do with him. For those people, I pity them.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

how you live your life will not save you.

just like how you pay your bills will not determine your credit rating, right?

here there be bull patties.
edit on 14-9-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The law of God is Compassion, to treat others as we would like to be treated. Matthew 7:12
Some atheists are following God's Law and many who claim to be christians are not.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
The law of God is Compassion, to treat others as we would like to be treated. Matthew 7:12
Some atheists are following God's Law and many who claim to be christians are not.

what about all the parts where we take violators of our rights according to the gospel and punish them via stoning, drowning, quartering, beheading, etc?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u

Just remember athiest and everyone else still have to recoginize the son in order to allow passage to the father. No matter how good you are you still have to have faith that jesus is the son and you must submit to the will of god at some point.

Finally someone said it. Jesus saves ..........how you live your life will not save you. And those who think an atheist will inherit the kingdom of God is in for a big surprise.

I believe there will be many atheist who when they come "face to face" with God will then change their beliefs immediately.....but there are those who hate him and want nothing to do with him. For those people, I pity them.

Nope. I'm Wiccan. So I pretty much get lumped in with the Atheists when in discussions about faith. The way that I see it is ... I am a good person. I would give someone the shirt off my back if they needed it. I have never done harm to anyone, nor do I plan to in the future. I do not judge anyone without fair reason. If my beliefs or lack thereof lead me to have a bad afterlife when judgement day comes IF such a God exists, than so be it. If a child molesting priest gets into Heaven before me solely because he see's that Jesus is the son or whatever and he apologized for his sins, then Heaven is not a place I want to be.
I am open to other peoples beliefs, and I love people regardless of their beliefs. However if I look face to face with God, and I am turned away... My faith will not change. If what Christianity says is true.. God created us. He is our father. And a true father would not turn his child away.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lyxdeslic

Nope. I'm Wiccan. So I pretty much get lumped in with the Atheists when in discussions about faith. The way that I see it is ... I am a good person. I would give someone the shirt off my back if they needed it. I have never done harm to anyone, nor do I plan to in the future. I do not judge anyone without fair reason. If my beliefs or lack thereof lead me to have a bad afterlife when judgement day comes IF such a God exists, than so be it. If a child molesting priest gets into Heaven before me solely because he see's that Jesus is the son or whatever and he apologized for his sins, then Heaven is not a place I want to be.
I am open to other peoples beliefs, and I love people regardless of their beliefs. However if I look face to face with God, and I am turned away... My faith will not change. If what Christianity says is true.. God created us. He is our father. And a true father would not turn his child away.

not a father, a businessman. and we are potential employees.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

With the amount of money people give churches... Yeah probably.
I have a friend who gives a holy crapton of money to her church. I think last time we talked about it she gave 200 dollars.
It blew my mind.

link   
A reply to: TzarChasm

That's not in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, maybe just in the old law of moses but Jesus says He is the True Teacher.
edit on 14-9-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

With the amount of money people give churches... Yeah probably.
I have a friend who gives a holy crapton of money to her church. I think last time we talked about it she gave 200 dollars.
It blew my mind.

we are not there because we are good people. we are there because we make him happy. and thats our only reason to be there. otherwise, we are not.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

Jonh 1:29 The next day he saw Jesus coming to him and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

John the baptist was saying that Jesus was the appointed sacrifice for man's attonement. Salvation is by faith in Jesus alone. You cannot do any good works that are justifiable before God with out the blood of Christ.

Matt 23:25 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you clean the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside they are full of robbery and self-indulgence. 26 “You blind Pharisee, first clean the inside of the cup and of the dish, so that the outside of it may become clean also. 27 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which on the outside appear beautiful, but inside they are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness.

The works of the non-believer cannot justify the unresolved sin-nature of his/her heart. Clean out the inside first with the blood of the lamb, then your works can be justified.

If the people living in the Amazon seek God, they will find Him. It is not something you have to worry about unless you are prepared to make the trip and tell them the gospel yourself. God could send a missionary, or He could send an angel, or perhaps a vision. I know a few people who were given the gospel by angels in these United States. Geographical location is no obstacle for God.

Jesus came to offer salvation to the world by His death. Those who reject Him will be judged at His return.

Im not telling you to stop being a good person, Im saying its not enough. Jesus Himself told us to clean the inside before the outside.

If you are relying on your good works alone for your salvation, you are doing a half-assed job. Works apart from faith is vanity.

You can complain all you want, but in the end, we all face the same Judge. If you are so convinced that all you need is good works, then why spend so much time Cherry Picking scripture? Who are you trying to convince? The believers, or yourself?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Lyxdeslic

If a child molesting priest gets into Heaven before me solely because he see's that Jesus is the son or whatever and he apologized for his sins, then Heaven is not a place I want to be.

If this priest does not repent and ask for forgiveness he will never enter into heaven.

If my beliefs or lack thereof lead me to have a bad afterlife when judgement day comes IF such a God exists, than so be it.

Than so be it.

Heaven is not for everyone.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

If a child molesting priest gets into Heaven before me solely because he see's that Jesus is the son or whatever and he apologized for his sins, then Heaven is not a place I want to be.

If this priest does not repent and ask for forgiveness he will never enter into heaven.

If my beliefs or lack thereof lead me to have a bad afterlife when judgement day comes IF such a God exists, than so be it.

Than so be it.

Heaven is not for everyone.

I'm saying that if he repents and asks for forgiveness and makes it into Heaven, but a person who has done good all their lives does not, it's ridiculous.

And you're right. You claim to be Christian and do harm and make your way into Heaven. You do good and end up in Hell.
At least I'll have a heated seat.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

It is called tithing and the way today churches tithe today are not always correct. According to biblical law you are to donate 10 per cent of your earning to the church EVERY MONTH. Do you do that? I don't know any who do....even I am guilty of this. They take that money to pay their pastor and the remaining funds pay off the church open end lien (open bank loan on the church).

Most churches are built and financed and its members are aware of this. They know the loan has to be paid or it gets foreclosed. Look around the USA and look at how many churches are closed.... bank foreclose on many of them. Were you aware of that?

Originally tithing was designed to take care of and feed the poor, the elderly, housing costs for the poor, clothes, medicine and hospital care. Today it has turned into a cash game.

edit on 14-9-2014 by Jesuslives4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Find what is true by the effect it has on your life and others around you...

the gospels can change your life, but I can't say the same about Pauls writing, and especially not the OT books...

The truth came through the son of God... the rest are nothing but imitators... thieves and robbers as he said

But isn't that why there are already thousands of sects who claim to be xtian? Even if you strip the bible of everything but the gospels, the OP wouldn't agree with you. He thinks John is it. So now, you already have two sects. Add in the other xtians in this thread, and you have even more sects. So even using the four gospels, you still end up with chaos and disagreement among xtians.
edit on 9/14/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Double post by mistake
edit on 14-9-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

All 4 Gospels agree that we must love one another, that is the unity.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme
I thought Jesus was the unifying factor. And if what you're saying is true, then why are there thousands of sects, and many who do not accept other xtians as being saved, because they don't belong to that sect?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I read Jesus, I read Buddha, I read Rumi (Islam Sufi Mystic), I read a little Krishna (Hinduism), I read about Nanak (Sikh).

All talked in their own words about brotherhood/sisterhood and seeing yourself in the other people around you doing for them as you do for yourself. Their ideals are beautiful making me think of humans as evolving spirits going form one thing to another temporary put in a human body to experience this level of awareness learning empathy for others.

I played around with meditation and felt the bliss. I wish all would have one moment of shutting down the mind and just be feeling the flow of energies thru your body. That feeling makes you feel One with the spiritual realm whatever it is. Even if I am closer to a introvert hermit now days and only speak with few souls here at least I feel symbiotic with the divine.

Another group of souls that I think know about the spiritual reality. Prophets sometimes sings their message.

edit on 14-9-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
How do you determine what parts of the bible are fallible, and which parts are infallible? And if you're wrong on which parts you cherry pick, then what?
It seems to me, the bible is either the "inspired" word of god, or it isn't. If it isn't, then why believe any of it? If it is, then how can you cherry pick what you like, and reject what you don't, then expect god to accept you as one of his own?

Excellent questions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join