It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To unite humanity...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: XxRagingxPandaxX
a reply to: EternalSolace
By what means exactly? Fascism agrees with you.

I think your question is an important one, OP, don't mistake me because I chose this response to reply to or highlight. But….and this is a big but: It happens to be true, that in the current paradigm, a wish for unity at all costs, above anything else, can be quite a dangerous wish. They say, be careful what you wish for.

It's been pointed out herein, that a perceived act of war on the culture here in the US, or a given enemy, which is what 9/11 was likely about, scripted and played out, as such, to provide such. But it's important for humanity at large, to realize this was what this was. We were given an enemy, something, someone to hate. The resulting racial/religious hatred against arabic peoples and Islam, and assumptions that all arabic people, or even those that looked the part, were radical muslim terrorists, when, in fact, they might not even have been the perpetrators, and even if they were, they were perhaps in league with our own leaders…..well, the result, here, needless to say, wasn't the best, was it?

Sort of like Egypt's "Arab Spring." Everyone took to the streets, the press was there, it was on CNN, it looked great, there were flowers and music and best wishes for everyone. What happened? Do we even know? Is there a free enough press there to tell us? Is there ever, even, anywhere, such a thing as a free press?

Perhaps not in this paradigm. And perhaps no one here chose it this way, really, either.
Its' important, I believe, to realize why man has been at war for longer than we can remember. Is this even the true history, as a matter of fact? It may not be. It just could be that what's happened is an endeavor so large it cannot be fought, even when realized, to replace history with a different story, keeping us at war and at each other's throats, to make sure, in the end, in this Marshall McLuhan existence, we choose the machine……
Regards,
tetra50

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

a reply to: Aedaeum

a reply to: XxRagingxPandaxX

a reply to: Kandinsky

I see what you all are getting at. That's not what I mean. I don't mean complete conformity. That is unrealistic, and yes, dangerous. What I'm driving at is that right now humans kill each other for thinking differently, for being from a different part of the world, for looking differently, for being different. Humans are becoming more desensitized to violence, are becoming wedged apart by nationalities, and the trend is continuing.

For instance, Russia put the first satelite up. USA made it to the moon first. What would it take, or what could happen that the world can say, humanity did that.

I'd love to see what would come of China, Russia, and the United States, working together to get out into space. Or working together to cure disease. Instead, it seems as if everyone would rather fund wars, than exploration and science.

That's what I mean when I posed the question of uniting humanity. Something the world can accomplish and be proud of.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Nothing will unite humanity, it is only a fantasy most optimistics hold dear. Or deniers.

If there was one thing to unite humanity, maybe a common threat? But even then, once the threat is removed, opportunists will waste no time to regain control and while they are at it, create new laws that would severely compromise freedom and grant them more power, more than ever.

Get it? No normal folks can do anything to change the world. 99% dont have the slightest clue or even the willpower to have any beneficial long term impact on the future. Even here. And those that think they know, will probably do more bad than good. Look at all these gurus and new ages ******. They lead their believers into a dead end, spreading their filthy lies they mostly believe to be true, because they got nothing else to rely on, since they are the ignorant weak cowardly type.

If you think its bad you got it wrong. Its chaotic. Humanity has created an impossible unsolvable puzzle. There is no way to predict the future with accuracy. But if there is one common thing with all possible timelines, it is Destruction. We are going right into it and there is no escape. The only escape is what you see everyday, denial, false beliefs, virtual things and materialism. Its not negativity, its called realism .

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: _damon

So you don't believe a shift from the mentality of self interest,control, and greed, outside of a common enemy, is possible?

I tend to agree that what you've said is the realist point of view. However, aren't you the least bit curious as to what it would actually take to cause that shift, and for it to stay that way?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Hello ES, the point we were trying to make was that it's the nature of being human to disagree with each other. The same minor difference between cutting the grass or leaving it to grow comes from the same place that is fuelling major world crises.

To be united under one goal couldn't happen because we'd never be able to agree about which damn goal was worthy enough. Right now the IS psychos believe their goal is the one to go for just like some western foreign policy sees bombing the ME as an important goal. I guess we're all united in the goal to survive and thrive and even that causes drama and conflict.

Don't get me wrong, there's so much beauty in humanity that continues despite our differences. It's just that history and experience tells us that we're a house divided. You have an honourable wish and I share it too; peace and tolerance would make this world a better place.

The downside is this - if you always wish for unity, you'll always be disappointed.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Don't get me wrong, there's so much beauty in humanity that continues despite our differences. It's just that history and experience tells us that we're a house divided.

Which again, brings me back to my original question; What would it take, or what would have to happen, for that paradigm shift?

A 50 mile wide asteroid on a collision course with earth, a malevolent force threatening to wipe out all humanity, a benevolent force to say, "Hey, you're doing it wrong!", etc...

I kind of lean towards an earth's survival scenario.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Even a looming extinction event wouldn't unite the human species.

Some would be denying it as a 'false flag,' others would be framing it according to the narratives of their Holy Books and others still would be denying it completely as a panic created by the opposite political party.

Look at ebola? Some racist folk see it as god's punishment on Africans. Some see it as an engineered disease for depopulation. Some locals believe it's a hoax and were 'rescuing' patients by force from medical centres.

As people, we can't even sit a table for 12 and agree on a share of the bill, quality of food or choice of meal lol.

It's like yin and yang, all this disagreement and conflict is terrible as a source for the daily body count and displaced populations. At the very same time, it's beautiful and dynamic as we see people helping each other, volunteering and donating money to save people they'll never meet.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Im very curious, but about the right things.

I simply dont think there is any way to cause such a shift. Better hoping to find a genie in a magic lamp, you will have more luck. Well there is one possibility as i said, it is a reset. This is the only thing i see powerful enough to change people. But such a thing wouldnt necessarily means the new civilization would be better. As they say, history keeps repeating. I wont say there were advanced civilizations in the past that went the same way as we are going now, it should be obvious.

Humanity has become a matrix. Society is a matrix. All these rules and accepted lies. I dont know if it will ring a bell but ill try.

Generations after generations, when folks keep believing the same false things, it becomes part of themselves and their legacy. It has beem showed that DNA is affected by strong emotions and can be passed on. What are the ramifications? Enormous. It means basically that any behaviour can be passed on. That means you are not free, you are bound by your ancestor's beliefs, emotions, phobias, likes, dislikes.. And you dont even know it, it shaped you with the help of propaganda and society. Countless erroneous notions have become the norm, after countless generations would accept them without even think them over, most are too young at the time anyways. Starting to see the ugly cycle yet? It goes way deeper than you think.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

A purge. Some natural event or world war three would get people to band together after. American's are complacent as I'm sure some other countries are. I used to think humanity was destined for greatness but now I see us for what we are. Greedy, self centered, and militant. I guess you can't fight nature. We are tribal, we always were. That in itself divides us. I'll read through the comments to see everyone's take on that question.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join