It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Shooting at State Police Barracks in Pike County

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Expect this to happen with greater frequency.

Growing economic disparity, increased police presence, frustration with our political and judicial systems and many many other problems that no one is willing to address.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Oh boy!

They are having the press conference now, and it was suggested that this quite possibly could have been an attack against "the government".....

Here we go!

edit on 13-9-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Oh boy!

They are having the press conference now, and it was suggested that this quite possibly could have been an attack against "the government".....

Here we go!

Offering $20k reward for info. Search of the woods turned up nothing. That indicates to me that they have no idea who did this and are grasping at straws.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

It was probably a sniper right?

Any witness reports?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

I am from PA, and when I heard about it this morning, I figured one of two things.

1) Just someone who felt they were done wrong by the police.
2) A cartel hit.

The PA State police are notorious for busting drug traffickers using the Interstate. I read about it all the time.

But to bring up the "it could be someone that is just against the government" ploy, doesn't sit well with me.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Yeah I'm In pa as we'll and I'm not surprised.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
When I heard I thought "Armed maneuver and combat" John Titor

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Growing economic disparity, increased police presence, frustration with our political and judicial systems and many many other problems that no one is willing to address.

As tragic as it is, I fully expect it to happen with greater frequency and with greater magnitude in the attacks. But, I believe your reasons left out some imporant details.

Simply put, our police have gone bats**t crazy.

Lies on police reports are frequent to the point of being standard operating procedure. Police are routinely assaulting our people, even if they are handcuffed or restrained. Police are killing citizens and animals without cause in quantities that make it appear they have no conscience. Police and prosecutors are victimizing us with no-crime confiscations and traffic tickets to make and increase their budgets. Police are routinely violating the civil rights of people who film them without any interference.

edit on 13-9-2014 by littlerayofsunshine because: poor English

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: littlerayofsunshine

originally posted by: onequestion

As tragic as it is, I fully expect it to happen with greater frequency and with greater magnitude in the attacks. But, I believe your reasons left out some imporant details.

Simply put, our police have gone bats**t crazy.

Lies on police reports are frequent to the point of being standard operating procedure. Police are routinely assaulting our people, even if they are handcuffed or restrained. Police are killing citizens and animals without cause in quantities that make it appear they have no conscience. Police and prosecutors are victimizing us with no-crime confiscations and traffic tickets to make and increase their budgets. Police are routinely violating the civil rights of people who film them without any interference.

All true. And all that is required is that they run afoul of someone who has decided they won't be a passive victim to the abuse anymore. A deer rifle and a grudge and little else. I still believe that's how they'll narrow down the list of suspects. Some guy they treated poorly/illegally who has chosen to exact his own brand of justice. The guy may already feel he has evened the score and may just go back to work Monday and say nothing more about it.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I'm 20 minutes or so from the site of the shooting in Pa. I only heard about this at work today, but I'm a bit of a work-a-holic and an early riser...I miss a lot of TV news. All I know second hand is that it is believed to be a single individual and a sniper type attack. Everything was locked down for a while and the police have no idea who, why or how.

We moved here from NJ to get away from the taxes and other crap. I guess we didn't go far enough.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: ATF1886

it's no longer about police v people it's sane v insane...

which side is insane ?

Which instance? I doubt seriously that either side has cornered the market on sanity. To suggest otherwise is, well, you fill in the blank.

insanity is in the eye of the beholder....i am not suggesting anything

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
All you folks coming out in support of the police and calling the "attackers" crazy... Who knows what went down, the police are NO saints! I would call this GANG warfare... Yes sir, the police are a gang! And one of the worst there is! Violent thugs that kidnap innocent people and lock them in a cage for such things as, owning a plant!

You guys don't even know any of the facts! Yet you jump to the defence of the pigs who commit awful crimes every damn day!... Yeah I'm willing to bet there is some sane motive behind this! The worse the police gang gets thr more the people gang will grow and fight back! It's only natural! Isn't it?

Or tell me, what should we do? Vote? hahahah It's rigged! Hellooooo... lol

Should we just lay down, yes sir, no sir, thanks so much for not beating me today sir... hahahahah You can! Me, I'll do my own thing...

Tell me if this was a "drug dealer" getting shot by police would you give a toss? Let me answer that NOPE! But now lets say a 7/11 employee? You probably would yeah... Helloooooo they sell DRUGS at the 7/11!!! 2 of the most dangerous infact!!! Ohhhh but they are legal huh!!! bahahahahahah

Do some soul searching guys, Do some deep thinking...

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

Well several people were injured. Do you think all the injured and killed were involved in something that required retribution by a citizen? Or were all the cops shot even guilty of any misconduct? Not all cops are bad and some of those who were hit couod have been the good guys! Now their opinions of "the public" may change a little...

If youve been wronged to the point you feel revenge is the only or best solution, take it up with the guy who wronged you! If a mailman did something to ruin your life, would you go to a post office and "go postal" on every employee in there? Or find the guy responsible and deal with him?

And how is this going to solve anything? Randomly firing at the police will only cause them to be more paranoid and on guard, causing more innocent people to be possibly mistreated. Just go after the guy who deserves it and then people will look into his history and say "thats the guy who shot and killed someones dog, or a 98 year old man" or whatever and that will send a message better than just attacking "cops" in general.

This sounds more like it was a ploy to take guns away from Americans. They didnt find anything or any one? Sounds like some highly trained individuals may have been involved here.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
oh boy looks like we got a double dipper on our hands here
edit on 9/14/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I just seen this today people have been saying for a while that sooner or later people are going to get fed up with all the police murdering the average citizen for no good reason they forgot how to use non lethal force it seems. Look at all the murders by police lately they are so fast to kill you now a days. What ever the reason i think it is going to start happing more. Either by the citizens or cia types of ops to justify the militarization of the police. I also would like to know this guys history. Does he have a history of abusing his power ect. He came from Philly so it could be transfer him type of deal cause he was a bad officer . A lot of ifs not a lot of facts.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

This is just breaking, but apparently someone ambushed several Pennsylvania State Police officers at the barracks. At least one officer was killed, another may be in critical condition, and several others are injured. People living in the area are reporting roads are closed, and multiple helicopters are overflying the area searching for suspects.

They have been corrupt and extreme for quite sometime. I don't condone what is happening but I think I under stand it. Could someone post this video. My phone is being a punk and won't let me paste.

the Robert Leone story

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Oh boy!

Here we go!

You know, I'm not a fan of our government, but the what the hell would you call it?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

call it whatever you want but the police are not the government the are an enforcement agency of the government
and the second they start violating the same laws they have authority to enforce they should lose that authority all together and have those laws enforced on them

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirhumperdink
a reply to: dr1234

call it whatever you want but the police are not the government the are an enforcement agency of the government
and the second they start violating the same laws they have authority to enforce they should lose that authority all together and have those laws enforced on them

What laws did the officer who was killed violate?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I wonder what lead police to the suspect? Im also curious what FlyersFan makes of this.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join