It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright light appears in sky over Contra Costa County

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
www.ktvu.com...

' Vandenberg Air Force Base and FAA who both said they aren't aware of what may have caused the bright light.'

not a missile launch. maybe a gaggle of geese on their migratory flight for the winter?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATSZOMBIE

www.ktvu.com...

' Vandenberg Air Force Base and FAA who both said they aren't aware of what may have caused the bright light.'

not a missile launch. maybe a gaggle of geese on their migratory flight for the winter?

It does look a little missileish, it appears to form an arc as if something climbing then falling, but that could be illusionary.

edit on 12-9-2014 by smurfy because: Picture.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Many people have reported seeing this around the time you indicate from Washington down to Bakersfield CA .
AMS
There are many in the pending reports too
Pending
I found this one to be the most detailed, I am not copying as I don't know what AMS policy is.
Report 2142a

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
So are we seeing something trailing vapor?

It looks like a piece of compacted concrete dust flung through the air, releasing a trail of dust as it goes.

At first I thought the brightest point was the slightly obscured origin of a high-powered searchlight.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
It has a strong resemblance to a orbital dump. Note that the rocket need not have been launched from Vandenberg.

Perhaps it was this one:
www.nasaspaceflight.com...

Examples of such dumps:

edit on 9/13/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Object was seen from San Diego to Seattle and east to Las Vegas and Sparks, NV.; my rough guesstimate, 100-200 miles up.

Description was smaller and not as bright as the moon, surrounded by 'glowing mist', with a wide conical comet-like tail; it did not streak like a meteor, was much slower than a meteor, possible eastward trajectory.

guyx

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: gguyx

Nightly News with Brian Williams on Sept. 18th said NASA confirmed it was a Russian spy satellite that fell out of orbit.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: hebegbes
a reply to: gguyx

Nightly News with Brian Williams on Sept. 18th said NASA confirmed it was a Russian spy satellite that fell out of orbit.
Nope, he was talking about the Sept 3 Colorado meteor. But I thought he DID use video from the Sep 12 west coast plumer, good eye.

top topics

join