It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Synchronicity? Or can the dead manipulate reality?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

synchronism
noun
1. coincidence in time; contemporaneousness; simultaneousness.
2. the arrangement or treatment of synchronous things or events in conjunction, as in a history.
3. a tabular arrangement of historical events or personages, grouped according to their dates.
4. Physics, Electricity. the state of being synchronous.
5. Psychoanalysis. the simultaneous occurrence of causally unrelated events and the belief that the simultaneity has meaning beyond mere coincidence. (Source)

Okay, I'm generally known as a skeptic on ATS, though synchronicity is one area where I depart from that, because I have experienced it, over and over. As a theist, I'm okay with additions to reality that incorporate God, or those who "channel" (not a great term, it's been taken by others,) God.

Like my wife, who died in 2010.

Last Thursday, I had a mission in mind. I wanted to travel from central Minnesota, where I live, to south central Montana, specifically Red Lodge, Montana, to visit my sister-in-law, Renee, and drive something called the Beartooth Pass, one of the most scenic drives in America, in my sports sedan. It's been on my "Bucket List", and was going to be met last July, but I had car problems which prevented it, so I talked to Renee and we agreed to do it in September, once the throng who visit this area (just west of Yellowstone National Park) moved on to something else.

I had three brothers-in-law, along with a nephew and a Catholic priest, who had a similar destination in mind, though they were a little bit east of my destination, and one brother-in-law and a nephew and I headed out from central Minnesota as a group. Tony, Jake and I left my house on Thursday, right about sunrise. I was alone in my car, except for my constant companion, Oscar the dog, while Tony and Jake were in a separate vehicle.

That morning, for some reason, I had some weird obsession in my mind come about… I wanted to go to Arby's. A fast food chain that I hadn't been to in at least three years, and that I didn't really like all that much. I filed it away, but didn't give it a whole lot of thought.

Tony and Jake turned off to the south for their adventures about an hour east of Billings, and on I went. The plan was to meet Renee at her cabin in Red Lodge, so I just kept driving into that western horizon. It was getting close to dinner time for me, so I figured that I'd pick up something quick in Billings and eat it on the way.

I turned to the GPS on my dash and asked it for a list of restaurants that were along my route. I paged through them, not really finding anything that I was interested in (it had to be fast food, because I couldn't leave Oscar the dog in the car while I ate at a sit-down place,) and, lo and behold, there is Arby's. Well, I figured that it had to be a sign, of some sort, and since it was right off the highway, assuming that there was a gas station nearby, I could get fueled and filled without too much of a delay.

Luck continued to be with me -- not only was there a gas station nearby, the Arby's was actually in a gas station. I pulled in, filled up the tank, lowered the windows of the car for Oscar, and headed inside to get dinner. On the way back to the Arby's counter, I picked a bottle of caffeine free Diet Coke out of the gas station's cooler.

I ordered my food, was told that it would be six minutes, so I went to the gas station cashier, paid for the soda, and took it out to the car so that they wouldn't think I shoplifted it, as well as to check on Oscar. Indeed, I could hear him barking from the gas station door, lol.

As I neared my car, I glanced at the car at the next pump, which had pulled in while I was inside, only to see the very surprised face of my sister-in-law Renee, who was supposed to be an hour away at her cabin in Red Lodge. She didn't realize that the dog she was looking at in the next car was Oscar, though he clearly knew who she was!

And she wasn't there to get gas, she'd pulled in to call me to see where I was.

After the shock wore off, both of us said "Patti!" Her sister, my wife, and an immortal prankster.

When I think about all of the variables that went into Renee and I being parked next to each other at a random gas station 70 miles from where we were both supposed to be, it's either the craziest of circumstances or some small evidence that the dead can manipulate reality in some fashion. Feel free to go either way, but as this is not the first time something like this has happened to me, I can't see it as just random chance.

edit on 9-9-2014 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

This kind of thing has happened to me also, I wonder what the odds would be of that meeting.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I am way past the point of wondering if it happens. I now look to events such as you post and ask myself what are they up to. Why were the two of you brought together in such a way to get both of your attention focused on her and eachother. There is a point to it all if you seek it.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Based on direct experience with the paranormal I can tell you this.

There are different types of dead.
There are those who die and lose all memory of this life...these cannot effect physical reality
then there are those who die and refuse to move on...they become wraiths and they can effect reality to a limited degree generally only with the help of a Demonic entity.. Wraiths generally have demonic protectors..the demons basically use the wraiths as henchmen.

Then there are those who die and retain their full life's awareness...they discovered the secret to immortality during the course of their life.
Yes...immortality is only a realization away and that is all there is to it.
Having moved on to the next level ....these spirits effectively become similar to Angelic beings...and this type of "dead" are able to manipulate reality when deemed necessary..

BTW ...I do not think synchronicity is a mistake...it's how the divine communicates.
edit on 991414 by Eliyahu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I have actually given it a bit if thought, and there is this...

Renee asked me if I wanted to lead or follow, and since I'd already been following most of the day, I told her to go ahead. About 30 miles from Red Lodge, we got stuck behind an erratic driver, he'd go fast, slow down to half the speed limit, weave all over the road. He might have been drunk, I don't know.

Though she had lots of chances to go around him, Renee never did. I know I would have, just to get away from him, so when we got to the cabin, I asked her why she didn't and she said "There are so many deer on that road at that time of the night, I didn't think it would be safe."

So maybe that's it -- in an alternative reality, I didn't meet Renee, met that driver on my own, passed him and was in a bad accident as a result.

edit on 9-9-2014 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Nice story and a great fun beginning to the visit, was it not? So Renee didn't recognize your car and dog, as the poor thing was busy wagging his tail off and barking to demand a pat of recognition? Hope you had a wonderful time. Synchronicity is not something I question any more. We are all tuned in to those we love.
edit on 9-9-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

"When I think about all of the variables that went into Renee and I being parked next to each other at a random gas station 70 miles from where we were both supposed to be, it's either the craziest of circumstances or some small evidence that the dead can manipulate reality in some fashion. Feel free to go either way, but as this is not the first time something like this has happened to me, I can't see it as just random chance."

Your story is quite compelling. But it is not sufficient to dismiss random chance as an explanation.

You are still presented with a vast range of phenomena that enshroud the truth.

I suspect that the truth, wherever it leads you, will reveal an affection that is the core of your soul.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I love this stuff. This sort of thing happens a lot for me, too. Great story!

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I am crazy by most all standards but at the point you are at i would thank the dog and give him a special treat. My view is that they can do things like this and have existance beyond what we see.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Or can the dead manipulate reality?

How did the dead manipulate this outcome again?

Two people driving on the same road to the same place meet up in a place along the way.

The odds of that are pretty good. So good in fact, it happened.

Not saying the dead didn't manipulate it to be, how could I? I have as much proof as that they did.

By the way we are all souls, dead or alive.

edit on 9-9-2014 by intrptr because: change

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Its a small world.

I experienced this a few weeks ago. we pulled up at some toilets right behind my cousins, I didn't noticed until I got back and seen 1 walking around the snowed filled grounds with his young son..

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
There are many layers and intelligences and constructs... probably an infinity of them.

Synchronicity, fate, manipulation of the physical by the non physical... it's all just as real as anything else.

The 'mere' fact we are here... existing in this particular place ... is absolutely, astoundingly weird... and it's just that we've inspected things and labeled things and told ourselves we know what is going on and where we are. We are 'used' to this world and know how it usually acts.

But we don't really know what is going on, or where we are, or what we are doing... not really.

And Eliyahu... what is this realization that grants one immortality (or immorality)? It might come in handy.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Two people driving on the same road to the same place meet up in a place along the way.

The odds of that are pretty good. So good in fact, it happened.

Except that we weren't driving on the same road to the same place.

I was driving from Minnesota, she lives in Red Lodge. She happened to be in Billings to pick up stuff for the weekend, ran late and pulled into a gas station to call me to find out where I was, since if I was ahead of her, she wouldn't be home when I got there.

Ten minutes difference in either of our days, whether me being slowed by construction, or her being slowed by a clerk in a shop, or me not getting that "go eat at Arby's" impulse in the morning, we wouldn't have met. I'd say the chances would be slim to none that she would park next to me at a random gas station while I was inside getting a sandwich.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I mean no disrespect but could it be that you and her sister are attracted to one another?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I mean no disrespect but could it be that you and her sister are attracted to one another?

No. She's married, I consider myself still married to her sister, and that would be all sorts of creepy, lol.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

No, understandably however I didn't necessarily mean romantic. perhaps your love for her sister and the resemblance of her sister could play to Attraction. I could be off though
edit on 9-9-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Interesting story. I have always been fascinated by things like this. You think of an old friend for some reason and decide to call them and just as you reach for the phone it rings - and its them. Out of the blue, there they are. I remember one time driving with my wife through my childhood neighborhood. We got to my old house, then turned down the next street where my friends used to live. I told her how much I missed them. As I was pointing out their house I realized that there were several people standing in the front yard. It was them. The old oak tree that was so long a landmark in the neighborhood had come down in a strong thunderstorm. They heard about it and went to the old neighborhood to see what happened. Neither of us had lived there for years and we meet up at their house just like when we were kids. Cool stuff.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

perhaps your love for her sister and the resemblance of her sister could play to Attraction.

Maybe, although they had little in common, either physically or emotionally. Big Catholic family, so my wife had six sisters, and I'd say that Renee, who was about eight years older than my wife, was one of the least similar to my wife.

There may be something to it, but if there is, it's the first time I've experienced it.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: adjensensl

Synchronicity is a manifestation of the collective unconscious, this place consists of archetypes and prototype experiences and or story lines and when synchronicity is noticed you are playing a prototype idea its just a matter of figuring which one...

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Except that we weren't driving on the same road to the same place.

Then how could you meet there?

Sorry, I'm being picky. Your experience was real enough to you and it is odd. But I'm not sure about proof that something beyond was controlling that. Or if they were what the purpose of that was.

Personally, the synch thing is a bit different. A simple for instance would be thinking of someone moments before they call you up or knock at your door. That kind of thing.

Out of the blue stuff that can have no possible random association. This leads us to believe there is an unseen influence.

Just meeting up with someone doesn't fit that bill. Sorry again, I don't mean to be disrespectful to your definition, just giving feedback from my own POV.

Your thread title is half spirit, again wondering what you attribute to that in your experience?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join