It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Synchronicity? Or can the dead manipulate reality?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Then how could you meet there?

I was driving down US Interstate 90 and pulled off into Billings. She was in Billings, driving on some road that went past the gas station. Not the same road, not the same destination.

Your thread title is half spirit, again wondering what you attribute to that in your experience?

I attribute it to the intervention of my deceased wife. The events that cascaded into my meeting her at a random gas station began 11 hours earlier, hundreds of miles away, when I had a craving to eat at a restaurant I don't like. Everything else that happened during that day, to both me and to Renee, fell into place to make the meeting possible -- had I skipped a rest stop, or if she had left her cabin ten minutes later to run her errands, it wouldn't have happened.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

Synchronicity happens to me all the time, and every time it does, it leaves me with my jaw dropped.
Some things just simply cannot be coincidence! I don't believe in coincidence anyway. Everything happens for a reason.

Sometimes those reasons are the result of a spirit guide, or a deceased loved one manipulating the occurrence of things in our lives .
I absolutely believe Patti, or one of your guides caused you to suddenly have a craving for Arby's. After reading about your encounter with the possibly drunk man on the road, I would say you are correct that this happened to deter you from having a very bad accident on your trip.

I'm glad things turned out okay, and I'm very happy to see that your mind is "opening" just a hair to realize that such things do occur. It's real!!

edit on 9/9/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

Thanks, Sled

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Synchronicity has been a big part of my entire life. I don't have a clue as to why or how it works, but I have been aware of it since I was a very young child.

Some feel more comfortable calling these occurrences 6th sense, or collective consciousness; others might prefer 'higher self' or 'Divine knowledge' or 'intuition'. Whatever 'it' is, it's real and it happens.
The more you're aware of it, the more you begin to realize what an important part of our existence it is meant to be.

When someone is in an accident that should have killed them, we give the credit to God.
When bad things happen, we say "Everything happens for a reason...." and I take that literally; EVERYTHING. Even the 'little' synchronistic moments. Why just acknowledge the big, obvious ones? lol

When I run late because of a flat tire, can't find my keys, etc....I don't get upset anymore. All too often I find that running 10 minutes late may well have saved my life, or kept me home long enough to receive a very important phone call.

I took it a step farther years ago. I tried guessing who was calling when the phone would ring; who was at the door when I'd hear a knock...and it seemed (To me) to connect intuition with synchronicity. Now, when I'm expecting important mail, I can 'sense' if it's come before I ever go to the post office.
I get a strong sense of company coming, even though I'm not expecting any.....and usually know who it will be. My kids that live out of state know they can't do a 'surprise' visit.

I see it as some ability that humans are born with. Like anything else, you have to use it - and practice - to get good at it. If you don't believe it exists, then it doesn't......for you.
edit on 200000099America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

" You think of an old friend for some reason and decide to call them and just as you reach for the phone it rings - and its them."

It gets much stranger. On several occasions, I've picked up the phone to call someone and they were on the line! I'm not even sure how that can happen. It probably can't with cell phones now, but back then I guess you could call someone and they could simultaneously call you, and suddenly you're talking without you dialing or hearing a ring.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: greyproject

That still happens to me. LOL Usually with either my sister, or my cousin.
I'm closely connected to both of them psychically.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Gotta love synchronicity!

I experience it fairly often.
Everything just clicks into place and leaves you awe struck.
These are great reminders that more is going on than we realize in our day to day lives.

I think you were gently guided to Arby's.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I think this is just a beautiful continuation of a long love story. Your wife saved you from a terrible car wreck. Many times since my father died I have felt his presence and love and I believe you were feeling your wife's. Dead don't mean gone, not entirely, so call it synchronicity or message from beyond it is the same thing. Just because her physical body is gone don't mean her consciousness is dead. Patti still loves you too.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I am convinced that there is something to this synchronicity phenomenon and that not everything is a coincidence, strange thing like that happen too me alot, im to freaked out to think about anything negative snymore incase it happens aswell, becausegenerally the way it goes is ill think about something then within a few weeks (majority of the time within days) what i thought of is being played out or what i was thinking or talking to someone about happens or i see what i was talking about everywhere, and i know that we may just take more notice of something after thinking or talking about it but no im certain that isnmt the case. Its so weird! This whole world and everything we don't know and can't figure out is weird.. More and more people are noticing this synchronicity thing though and how common its becoming or maybe we are just becoming more aware, i hope its the latter.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Cool read that was I thoroughly enjoyed it! :-)
It reminds me of my own experiences with synchronicity. I recall several years ago now probably in the late 1990s when the Israeli and Palestinians were at war with each other--just like they are still!--and I was sitting watching the news with my mom and a news report of the latest Israeli-Palestinian war was being discussed. Thinking to myself that it never ends I sighed and referring to Jeremiah 6:14 I remarked to my mom, "They always go on about 'peace, peace' and there is no peace!" At that very same moment a Jewish lady, I think she was, who had suffered from the recent Palestinian wave of terror was being interviewed and she referred to the same exact Scripture saying, "They always go on about peace, peace, but there is no peace!" Although my reaction was kind of blaze about it, the look on my mom's face with her mouth agape was a mixture of fear and fascination as she was totally dumbstruck by what just happened! It still makes me laugh when I think about it to this day! We and the world around us is truly a mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma aren't we?! ;-)
edit on 10-9-2014 by cameraobscura because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   

If roles were reversed and another member posted this account, would you form a different conclusion? Would you, perhaps, point out to them that coincidences occur and it's the subjective human mind that adds all the meaning to them? Such a member would be using 'magical thinking' and falling short of common sense and critical thinking. Did they really keep thinking of Arby's or was that added to the story via faulty recall to add credence?

Why would x meeting y at location z = dead manipulating reality?

Personally, I believe such experiences occur to people at least once in their lifetimes and probably more often than that. They resonate with weirdness and beg the percipient for explanation. Simultaneously, they can attract people who want to dismiss their experiences and challenge their ability to judge their own senses.

Meaningful synchronicity, or otherwise, it's a beautiful account and the one-man-and-his-dog drive through the landscape is quite evocative. Aren't we all deserving of moments of wonder? I should hope so!

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

There was a fantasy book once that shows how one powerful spirit can manipulate physical matter. It's called Morpheus Road. Funny thing the author of the book mentioned it was inspired by his real ghostly experience.
edit on 10-9-2014 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   

the dead can do

teleportation
telekinesis
telepathy

you name it

stuff happens and good and bad spirits can do it

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Fascinating, thanks for sharing it. I have a lot of synchronicity and pre cognitive events happen in my life. I do believe the deceased go on, and to say are watching over us, to influence some aspects of of our lives. If it can happen in life, the parent seemingly knowing their child is in danger but they are not in the same location, speaking of the diminished as time goes by(link to cultural conditioning(psychic connection between parent and child, don't see why it can't happen after death.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I tend to get synchronicity in two main ways. One is this, i will be reading a book and the girlfriend will be watching the TV, she will start talking to me (As he she always does when i am reading, just to wind me up) and when the conversation is over (which is pretty quick because when my heads in a book, it's deeply in it) i will find the place in the book i was at and as soon as i read the first word, low and behold, the person on the TV at that particular time will say the exact same word. This has happened on numerous occasions!

Another kind i get is this, i will start to talk about a particular Film (it's always a Film) and within days the thing will be on the TV. This has also happened numerous times.

It's a crazy world.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I too have had synchronicity slammed in my face.
A while back my girlfriend and I were on a "Sunday" drive with no destination in mind. She was telling me a story and at one point mimicked the persons voice that she was talking about. It was in that low toned gravelly voice one uses to speak to the person next to you when someone else is speaking. On the sly so to speak. I immediately thought of my Grandmother who was famous for using that voice. Usually to say something bad about someone who may or not be within earshot. In that one second my brain registered the thought of my grandmother AND the names on the street sign that I had glanced at out the window because I didn't know where we were. The street sign read Mary with the cross street named Louise. My Grandmothers name was Mary Louise. All of that in the span of one second. What are the odds?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Spader

Good one Spader. The odds are incalculable and to me that means that there is something at work rather than chance. What it all means no one appears to know but i would love to hear any explanations as to why people think this occurs.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

About 30 miles from Red Lodge, we got stuck behind an erratic driver, he'd go fast, slow down to half the speed limit, weave all over the road. He might have been drunk, I don't know.

Great Thread S & F and it's good to see you back and back at Hernando's Hideaway,,,, My wife was telling me about your experiences, WoW, that's is just So, Awesome, I do believe your Beloved wife watch's over you in some way, I know my Wife, Mother does and my wife talks to her mother and when people need help spiritually with their CHE My wife has asked her Mother for assistance with this person as they lay in their bed sleeping.

But, I'll tell you WHAT!
This:

About 30 miles from Red Lodge, we got stuck behind an erratic driver, he'd go fast, slow down to half the speed limit, weave all over the road. He might have been drunk, I don't know.

My have or May Not have been a Drunk, You ever ride in a car with a Chinese Lady driving
Don't if you Don't have too!
I won't get in any vehicle my wife has keys to and we own three cars one truck.
No, No, Never!
Speed Up, Slow Down, Speed Up, Slow Down,,,,, Put on the Brakes at the Last Possible Second or Wayyyy to soon
Scares me to Death!

Just an Idea! but your more than likely correct in your assumption, other States may have more sense than Arizona and California than to give Chinese Women D. L.
BYE, As I'm Running From The Computer,,,,My wife Has her Broom out and she read My reply,,, BYE!

Opppps, I need My Glasses,,,, Those aren't Brooms!!!!

edit on 10-9-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrunkYogi
a reply to: Spader

Good one Spader. The odds are incalculable and to me that means that there is something at work rather than chance. What it all means no one appears to know but i would love to hear any explanations as to why people think this occurs.

Thanks Dude. If I could just quit seeing the time every time I check as 4:44 am/pm I would be great!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Just an example of synchronicity in my life that happened 2 weeks ago on a camping trip:
I always expect Mother Nature to speak to me spiritually, and 'give' a gift. I never know if it will be a flower I've never before seen, an unusual piece of driftwood, or -my favorite moment- an unusual rock of some kind.

While my best half was setting up camp, I decided to see if my 'treasure' was ready. I waited for the sense of which direction to go. I felt compelled to go down a small bank near the water, and as soon as I landed my eyes fell on a small piece of weathered wood. It had three black marks on it that were elongated and perfectly placed to make it look like the typical Halloween ghost. I instantly thought it was a reference to some important event that would occur in late October.

I was thinking how great life with my husband is as I crossed a small stream, and the first think my gaze fell upon was a blue-grey rock shaped like a big heart. I knew it was meant for him. When I gave it to him, he got a big grin and walked away.

The next morning I sat by the river drinking my coffee, wondering what the October event would be....then it dawned on me; October 25 will be our 17th wedding anniversary! Sure, it could just be coincidence- but it happens on a daily basis in my life. I can't help but feel something much deeper than we're aware of affects our entire existence on this planet.

It's easy to spot a big synchronicity, but paying attention to the little ones also has made me feel much more connected to the universe. It also lets me know in advance when I'm going to have car trouble, and what extra emergency supplies I need to take with me! lol

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join