It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Synchronicity? Or can the dead manipulate reality?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

That's an awesome, feel-good story, Nugget! Made me smile.

I've told this a few times in similar threads, but I'll share it again here...

When I was writing a book back in the late 90's I needed a certain photo to go in it. I had asked everyone I knew that might have one if they did, but no one had it.

A few weeks went by, and my deadline to get this book to the printer was quickly approaching. I had given up on finding the photo.

We have a fall festival every year in the community where I was born and raised. Even though I don't live close by anymore, I decided I'd go that year.

While I was there this lady walks up to me and introduces herself to be a member of the family that had come down all the way from Washington state (or some state up north) to attend the festival and visit with family and friends.
We started talking about my book, and she just came out and told about having a photo of this place that I had been searching for to no avail!! I think I was speechless for a moment! Then I told her I had been searching everywhere for a photo like that! She told me she would send me a copy as soon as she got back home.

The photo made it into my book after all.

What are the odds of this woman and me meeting at a festival that neither of us usually attended, bumping into one another in the midst of all those people, and during our conversation learning she had the photo I needed?!

It still blows my mind!
Definitely "someone" up there arranging things for us here!

edit on 9/11/2014 by sled735 because: reformat

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Hi, synchro fans !

" Synchronicity " is a mystery I was made aware of
because of the first 2 lines of my signature ! !

Blue skies.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: greyproject

I have had that happen. I pick up the phone and there is no dial tone. I look at it like its going to show me why... I hesitantly say, "Hello?" And the person I was going to call says, "OH, hi. I didn't hear it ring..."

Cool beanz...

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
It may have been your sister's spirit, but I've always felt that synchronicity is kind of like a sign from the universe that you're on the right path.

The other day I pulled into the local pound 'just to look' (yeah right). I ended up deciding to get a kitten for my daughter, but there was also this huge orange cat that was so loving named 'Munch'. I left with the intention of stopping back by after a couple of errands, but I kept thinking about poor old Munch. Then I passed a dead orange cat in the middle of the road and thought 'Oh no, I can't let them kill Munch. ' So I took him. I got him home and decided the name had to go, so I looked him in the eyes and wondered what his name should be. And the name 'Monroe' popped in my head. Weird. FF a couple of hours I walk into my parents' house and on the end of the dinner table is a book of my mom's and a book of my dad's. The author of my mom's book was such-and-such Monroe. Then I start flipping through my dad's book, it's about the Civil War and I land on a page where they're talking about marching to Monroe.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

And Eliyahu... what is this realization that grants one immortality (or immorality)? It might come in handy.

hmmmm well it's hard to describe as you can probably imagine....

It can happen when you realize that you are one with all living things...
You may also realize that you have always been you since before you were born and you will always be you long after you die...
It's more than a realization...it's a metamorphosis.
You may come to experience the fact that death is a mere illusion and that your body is merely a vessel.

There are natural things that can aid in this important metamorphosis...things I won't discuss on this forum.

edit on 9121414 by Eliyahu because: (no reason given)

edit on 9121414 by Eliyahu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
It's interesting that you claim to be skeptical and grounded in reality except for things related to god and channeling from him or whatever would be allowed that agrees with the big book.

I've experienced "synchronicity" and felt it was amazing the first 100 or so times, then realized it for what it was. I've had to rewire my mind more than once, and now think that the synchronicities started when I was cross contextualizing without adequately providing analysis to explain away the phenomena.

Now when something seems extraordinary, I just smile, and move on. It's still cool that it happened, but it doesn't seem "magical" because my analytical mind has caught up to the expanded cross contextual ability.

I don't think what you experienced really is too far out of chance happening, you simply don't consider the channels that would allow things like this to be experienced, even if not too often.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

The only 'dead' people are the corporate slaves, the unthinking, unwise masses, who don't know or understand anything, despite living in the age of the Internet, where all the basic knowledge is easily accessible.

When people go through the transformation called 'death', they don't die, only the body dies. A dead body has no power to manipulate anything.

Life is eternal, so any entity capable of manipulating is alive, whether they are confined by a physical body or not, and whether they exist on the physical plane (or planet) or not.

So the question, whether the 'dead can manipulate reality' (what does 'manipulating reality' mean anyway? I think we all manipulate reality every time we breathe or metabolism (how do you make a verb out of this word? "I metabolismed?")) becomes quite strange and unanswerable, when you see this from a larger perspective.

People in the astral plane can influence other planes, if that's what you mean. But generally, they have better things to do and such things are not usually allowed. The third stage beings can do pretty much anything, including forming a physical body from surrounding matter for themselves, but they don't usually even visit planets like Earth, but if they did, they could easily be mistaken for 'dead manipulating reality'.

The thing is, would you go dig ditches without pay, without purpose, in sunny 34 degrees Celcius weather, if you had the choice to do that, or the choice to travel to interesting places and create beautiful productions in fascinating methods, meeting sympathetic beings that you can learn a lot from, or even people similar to yourself, with similar interests, attitudes and knowledge about life? That's pretty close to the kind of choice we are talking about; whom among us would rather choose the first one, if we could choose the latter one (and more)?

When you have better and more interesting, pleasant and exciting things to do, you don't really want to go to a planet of misery, to do miserable and boring things that won't yield anything good to yourself or others.

So even if that's what you meant, the point still becomes quite moot.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

I disagree, Sir. I think our loved ones and spirit guides watch over us. We even have assigned angels protecting us, IMO.
I've been affected by "someone out there" too many times to say this is untrue.

Adjensen did explain in a post that he thinks this happened to deter him from being in an accident because he followed his friend, and she was behind a (possibly) drunk driver. She didn't pass because of the many deer that are on that road.
Adjensen said he would have passed, if he had been traveling alone. Which means, he could have passed just as a deer was going across the road, and been in a terrible accident.

Our loved ones do continue their lessons on the other side, but they can still watch over us when we need them.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

I don't really have anything to add to the conversation other than saying...wow, what a cool synchronicity.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
But you're not taking into account that when something ceases to exist in space, it also cease to exist in time. So no one has to make a choice between checking out interesting things and connecting with loved ones still trapped here on Earth. They can do both simultaneously.

And if OP felt his wife had something to do with the synchronicity, and if that makes him happy then it's pretty crappy to try to tell him that she surely had something better to do. You are intelligent, but your bedside manner is lacking.
a reply to: Shoujikina

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
synchronicity is interesting because it seems as if it contradicts free will, however, it requires it. it requires free will to manipulate reality to your understanding. it is only defined as a coincidence because a majority of it is not directly related. but it is originally caused by influencing reality. the reason it appears to contradict free will is from the illusion of static in time. the dead are important in the matter considering they have influenced our reality up to this point. everything that you do or relate to was influenced by the dead in some way interconnecting like branches of a tree with both yields and stop signs that can only be passed willingly thus allowing the synchronicity to occur. the dead(or past) also relate to your personal influence on reality creating your synchronicity by observing your past actions in the present. this kind of synchronicity is what makes it seem like a coincidence because it is not directly related to you at present time. the original synchronicity is when you mentally bond or understand surroundings which can be as simple as having a conversation or as complex and strange as relating to something alien or anything you'd never consider before.
it can be seen plainly as a negligible idea as well as becoming such a profound ordeal it can be a burden at times. it is important to remember it is your understanding of surroundings no matter what is the same and it is not just you that create it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join