It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Russia is invading Ukraine, explained in 2 minutes

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

so i wonder how many PEOPLE i can sucker in by making a 2 minute video on why Kim Jong-un has an extreme disliking of toilet paper and uses his fingers to wipe his butt

Probably the same amount that think Russia has nothing to do with helping the separatists in Ukraine.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
hmmmph so this American has the scoop on Putin in a 2 minute video....nice....so i wonder how many people i can sucker in by making a 2 minute video on why Kim Jong-un has an extreme disliking of toilet paper and uses his fingers to wipe his butt

This path of putins has been occurring since 2012, when mass protests were held demanding Putin resign because they think the Russian election was rigged.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

so i wonder how many PEOPLE i can sucker in by making a 2 minute video on why Kim Jong-un has an extreme disliking of toilet paper and uses his fingers to wipe his butt

Probably the same amount that think Russia has nothing to do with helping the separatists in Ukraine.

quite a lot of people then....

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
hmmmph so this American has the scoop on Putin in a 2 minute video....nice....so i wonder how many people i can sucker in by making a 2 minute video on why Kim Jong-un has an extreme disliking of toilet paper and uses his fingers to wipe his butt

This path of putins has been occurring since 2012, when mass protests were held demanding Putin resign because they think the Russian election was rigged.

he wouldn't be the first to try and hang on to power through a rigged election

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

That video is purse BS and propaganda.

That's like me making a video on how much I hate the British, which I do hate.

sorry brits, I feel bad about hating you, but what are you gonna do

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BanTheTruthQuick

Have any info / facts to disprove what was claimed then? It is going to take more than a brief dismissal to refute the claims.

and Like I said in the other thread... A new member who just joined who is going directly for the ukraine threads and is pro russian.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: BanTheTruthQuick

what other threads have you taken partin?
I suspect that you are just another troll.

So you hate the British... Do you mind telling me what nationality you are?

Have you got any links or proof refuting the op
edit on Sat, 06 Sep 2014 07:54:35 -0500547America/ChicagoSaturday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

So Putin is getting twitchy about NATO,s expansion ever Eastwards,It wasn't that long ago that the Warsaw Pact nations held sway over these very same territories,always a bitch when the boot is on the other foot isn.t it
Vladimir!

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

What...

I will not even comment on this video, because it's just an opinion which we have heard many times here on ATS from a few selected members. He as most of the, how should i call them, pro-west pro-nato pro-us russophobes(?!) members present just half-proofs which cannot be proven but never the less they take it as facts even tho it's coming mostly from BBC, CNN and Kiev. Even though they say MSM should not be trusted...

I am very happy to see much more members on ATS who can see what's going on behind the scenes and they do not blindly believe in everything that Kiev, CNN, BBC says. Glad I can read posts from new members exposing the BS in this conflict everyday.
When on the other hand, it's always the same people blaming it on Putin mostly, and then Russia...( 4-5 members ), interesting thing is they do it 24/7. Like it's their only job...just thinking out loud.
edit on 630k2014Saturdaypm014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

quite a lot of people then....

You might have been able to say that before,, but when military mothers start asking questions that will be become very few and far between.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Glad I can read posts from new members exposing the BS in this conflict everyday.

And I can see new ones adding more BS to the thread about this conflict daily.

When on the other hand, it's always the same people blaming it on Putin mostly, and then Russia...( 4-5 members ), interesting thing is they do it 24/7. Like it's their only job...just thinking out loud.

No always on Putin.

Since I would be one of those 5 members could you please provide me with where I blame anything on the Russian people, because I never said anyone but Putin is responsible for the problems in Ukraine.

And even though this is off topic, but as far as someone posting 24/7 what does it matter because it should be what they post and not how long they are on ATS. And just so you know I never logout as it's just easier for me and that is why it looks like I never leave. Get the facts before making assumptions it usually ends better that way.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Get the facts before making assumptions it usually ends better that way

Would be great if you do it just once, and not just copy-paste BBC. I just said you guys are on every single one of Ukraine-Russia thread, making same old statements and then calling out the people who see the west for what it really is. Can you deny it? I know that the west and Russia have a lot of similarities. But, the west is by FAR worst than Russia will ever be, and that is something you people just don't want to accept.

And I can see new ones adding more BS to the thread about this conflict daily.

I've noticed that you call everything that you don't like BS. Mind asking why's that? It just confirms my claim that you people just blindly believe in every thing that fits in your beliefs. You will not consider anything that might challenge those beliefs.

Since you participate in this thread, do you not remember all the stuff that was on tv/newspapers during the first cold war? Do you not remember that propaganda? Have you ever left your country so you could have an objective look at things or do you base your opinion of what's MSM reporting on?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Would be great if you do it just once, and not just copy-paste BBC.

SO you think I just copy and paste the BBC...interesting, but I can count on one hand how many times I have used them as a source, but like I said before you are free to prove me wrong if you would like?

I just said you guys are on every single one of Ukraine-Russia thread, making same old statements and then calling out the people who see the west for what it really is. Can you deny it?

And exactly what statements would suite you?

And yes I can Deny it.

I've noticed that you call everything that you don't like BS.

See making those assumptions again, because I will only call things as I see them so if something is BS then yes I will call it BS, but not everything I don't like is BS...some of it is just plane crap and there is a difference.

It just confirms my claim that you people just blindly believe in every thing that fits in your beliefs. You will not consider anything that might challenge those beliefs.

What beliefs...the belief that Putin did wrong and has caused many deaths in this conflict or the belief he is wrong and he will get whatever he has coming.

I consider all things, but remember I have no problem calling BS when it is BS.

Since you participate in this thread, do you not remember all the stuff that was on tv/newspapers during the first cold war? Do you not remember that propaganda? Have you ever left your country so you could have an objective look at things or do you base your opinion of what's MSM reporting on?

Yes I do remember it, and that really has no bearing with this thread, now as far as propaganda it happens, but some can't seem to be able to distinguish what is credible and what is BS.

I have an objective view, but with that view I will have problems when a sovereign nation such as Ukraine get's invaded and part of it's territory annexed because Putin didn't want to pay the lease.

As far as MSM I don't watch them as I find news easier on the internet, so they don't get used as a source unless needed.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

1 2
The list goes on, but I can't search anymore...These are the times you had used BBC, the guardian wikipedia as your source...

I consider all things, but remember I have no problem calling BS when it is BS.

Keep telling yourself that.

Most of people who blame it on Putin use MSM as their source, which should be clear to everyone by now...People on one hand say they know it's propaganda, but they ignore it and use it as proof...

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

1. Well, you got a double propaganda slam with it. The BBC ans RT were used for a source, crazy huh!

2. Steeeeeerike 1

3. yep

4. yes

5. nope

And here we are again, you have an obsession with how many times I post and nothing about the post themselves...why?

Keep telling yourself that.

So when you see BS aren't you going to call it BS, or do you just except whatever BS your fed from whoever is feeding it to you.

Most of people who blame it on Putin use MSM as their source, which should be clear to everyone by now...People on one hand say they know it's propaganda, but they ignore it and use it as proof...

No most of those who blame Putin for this live outside his land of state run lies to his citizens. You see you need to open your eyes a little wider so that you can see what's truly in front of you because if you blink you may see this...

Troops coming for a vacation, or so they say.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Come on, comparing east and west? propaganda from the cold war?
We are here and now, i am sure that east and west both have their dirty laundry, but right now a sovereign country is being invaded and many thousands of people killed in a useless war.
For what? because Putin doesn't respect the sovereignty of Ukraine and their self-determination.
If he had respected that, there would have been no maidan and no war in Ukraine.
While the video in the OP is very simplified, i think it is indeed the case that Putin has no exit strategy, the defence against his rebels in eastern Ukraine has been much stronger than he anticipated, hence all the military equipment and soldiers entering the Ukraine during the last month.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Maybe they are tired of playing the game with the west. I know I'm damn sure tired of it.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

the defence against his rebels in eastern Ukraine has been much stronger than he anticipated, hence all the military equipment and soldiers entering the Ukraine during the last month.

The reality on the ground is as follows:

Junta forces have 2 to 1 advantage in terms of heavy weapons. This was 5 to 1 in mid June.

Junta forces especially volunteer batallions sponsored by billionaires, have all the troops which are a) young age under 40 and majority under 30. b) these are chose for physical strength and toughness c) all troops have Class IV body armor and helmets.

Standard Ukes Army you can find few over 40 deals. They all also field body armor and protections.

Rebels are mostly over 35 and lots more over 40 and even going into mid 50s. Only less than 1 in 5 have body armor or other protection. In heavy weapons they rely mostly on trapping Junta forces and exchanging their tanks or artillery for a safe passage. They have also gotten some heavy weapons from Russia.

Rebels do have advantage of a) fighting a defensive war b) local population support for this or that basics, which may also include real time intelligence. Most of these rebels are fighting for the own cause and sentiments, they get paid hardly unlike the Junta volunteer battalions. The level of morale is high in the rebel ranks and 2-3 times as low in Ukes army. After Ilovaisk battering, the volunteer battalions are also facing starting of low morale and desertions.

It is the Ukes Army which has gotten the feeling of fighting for a wrong cause and hence low motivation. They also have supply issues and many times have run out of ammo and food items. Once they get trapped, the commanders in Kiev have tendency of leaving them to fend for ownselves. However, if these troops desert then they are liable for upto 10 years jail sentences. Ukes army has developed resentment towards volunteer battalions and many a times does not even go to provide artillery or armor support in case the Right Sector dudes get trapped. These fascists are not given heavy weapons in fear of them turning their guns on Kiev Junta leaders.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Junta forces especially volunteer batallions sponsored by billionaires, have all the troops which are a) young age under 40 and majority under 30. b) these are chose for physical strength and toughness c) all troops have Class IV body armor and helmets.

So what's the problem with the Ukraine army having these things?

Rebels are mostly over 35 and lots more over 40 and even going into mid 50s. Only less than 1 in 5 have body armor or other protection. In heavy weapons they rely mostly on trapping Junta forces and exchanging their tanks or artillery for a safe passage. They have also gotten some heavy weapons from Russia.

But wait I thought Russia wasn't supplying arms to the separatists...but now they are.

Most of these rebels are fighting for the own cause and sentiments, they get paid hardly unlike the Junta volunteer battalions. The level of morale is high in the rebel ranks and 2-3 times as low in Ukes army. After Ilovaisk battering, the volunteer battalions are also facing starting of low morale and desertions.

Well who's fault is it that the separatists don't get paid as much as the Ukraine military, actually it is whoever is footing the bills for them...which would make that Russia's problem.

And I would love to see where you got your info about who has the better moral in the ranks?

It is the Ukes Army which has gotten the feeling of fighting for a wrong cause and hence low motivation.

And where exactly did you come up with that, because the Ukraine army are fighting to keep their country as a whole so there's your cause they are fighting for.

However, if these troops desert then they are liable for upto 10 years jail sentences. Ukes army has developed resentment towards volunteer battalions and many a times does not even go to provide artillery or armor support in case the Right Sector dudes get trapped. These fascists are not given heavy weapons in fear of them turning their guns on Kiev Junta leaders.

How about some sources to back your claims or are you just making this up?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
You asking about sources.

There are hundreds and thousands social media forums with plenty photo video materials from the people participating in the conflict.
Like this colonelcassad.livejournal.com... - mostly pro Russian.
Or this youtube anti Putin channel www.youtube.com...

What you can read from MSM in western media is only the fraction of information available to Russian speaking audience if they are interested.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join