It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Russia is invading Ukraine, explained in 2 minutes

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
A must watch video explaining the build up to Russian aggression
on Ukraine.
It shows how Putin has no plan at all and is nothing more than an attention junky in the most dangerous
way possible.
Putin needs this crisis to stay in power... He's bet everthing on it

The extreme danger here is war withthe West.. Reason, Putin has no strategy or aims.. other
than national popularity. When that tide turns... as it will,, Putin will be like a
rat in a barrel.

This one is going to be close

edit on Fri, 05 Sep 2014 15:01:19 -0500013America/ChicagoFriday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

A must watch video explaining the build up to Russian aggression
on Ukraine.

I can't wait to see how certain members react to that video...

I gotta get my popcorn and drinks ready...good bring on the replies.

It is an interesting video...but your going to get flak about the MH17 shoot down comment that won't sit well with some.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The further west the Russian western border is, the better the Russians like it, historically Russia has always been invaded from the west, Norsemen, Teutonic knights, the Poles, the Swedes, the French, all going into Russia from the west, must not forget two incursions by the Germans!
So, the more land to the west, the bigger the buffer between the 'west' and the Kremlin in Mokba (Moscow), space equals time.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
So this guy claims the rebels shot down MH17 with a Russian supplied Buk system. I wasn't aware that the results of the investigation had been released......got a link?

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Nah. I don't believe much of what that guy on the video says. He is pushing western and European propaganda.

Now, I don't agree with some of what Putin did, but I also don't agree with lot of what our government and Europe did either in this case. This is a ploy by the west to gain power and fuel security in the region.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
the jet was shot down by Kiev according to the Indonesian gov.
www.storyleak.com...

the US and co faked the evidence, as they seem to have in all things Russian ( and Syrian and palistinian...etc) lately
got to Balkanize the place so the bankers can rape it
edit on Fripm9b20149America/Chicago26 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

Any link to that info please?

I'm not going to bother to watch this due to NATO' s aggressive stance on any and everything to justify their existence.
They are afraid of other countries pulling out of NATO due to there not being any reason for NATO anymore. Therefore NATO must scream the wolf is at the door so they can point out to other countries 'see we told you we are still needed. Give me a break. We are footing this huge bill to protect the world and we can't afford it,nor are we really any good at it considering the mess the world is in.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
LOL what a piece of crap .Really ..boo boogie man Putin run for the bunkers .Maybe the Obamanator could take some lessons from Pute . Does he golf as well or is he really obsessed with the ultimate Judo chop ..I wonder . :>) a reply to: rigel4

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

I get it .. you're trying to sow the seeds for NATO'S
obsolescence ..
There only ever has been one good reason for NATO to exist and that is
Russia and the Soviet Union preceding this iteration of Russia.

If Russia wasn't so paranoid they could have been a part of NATO.
The video is absolutely correct.. Putin was doing very very badly
the last time he ran for President..
So he played the Nationalist card to the Russian people..Creating an external enemy.. well now he has
succeed in doing that..and it has gotten out of control.
You all can blame the West for it's dubious practices but they were not threatening Russia before Putin invaded and annexed Crimea and invaded South Eastern Ukraine.

Russia has made NATO an enemy again.. but this time Russia will be able to see NATO forces from it's very own border........

Well done Mr Putin.. you excelled yourself.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Well so far this thread hasn't disappointed yet. I will sit back and keep watching because it can only get better.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Putin was doing very very badly

This video and you like to simplify things too much.
Putin was doing Ok in the last "elections". When he changed constitution before that, he became obvious and only
candidate for the next decade lol. He didn't need to play "nationalistic" card, just to tighten the grip on the opposition. Well, there is no opposition now in Russian Duma lol. Anyway, the most important premise of this video is wrong.
On the contrary, now he may have some problems because of his indecisive moves after Crimea. There was one "rebels" leader in DNR which gained popularity very quickly amongst russian population. This leader was substituted (probably by Putin order)
Even if you look closely on the graph of popularity in this video, you will see that Putin approval rating was never below 60%.
Personally I don't care too much about those numbers, just to show you how easy it is to make optical illusions.

edit on 5-9-2014 by kitzik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
So this guy claims the rebels shot down MH17 with a Russian supplied Buk system. I wasn't aware that the results of the investigation had been released......got a link?

Prelim report on that investigation is to be released this coming Tuesday (Sept 9th) by the dutch.

@ others -
on a more humorous note speaking about propaganda -

This is what happens when media, as part of the state arm, becomes so paranoid that it fails to check for accuracy.

Russian news mistakes video game poster for U.S. propaganda

edit on 5-9-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Nah. I don't believe much of what that guy on the video says. He is pushing western and European propaganda.

Now, I don't agree with some of what Putin did, but I also don't agree with lot of what our government and Europe did either in this case. This is a ploy by the west to gain power and fuel security in the region.

what part of Putin are you not agreeing with?

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

He got suckered into hosting the Olympics which was used by a shield by the people who overthrew Ukraine to get what they wanted. Russia was set up.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Why I think that Russia is invading Ukraine, explained in 2 minutes

here, fixed it for ya.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Here was an even bigger one. The US public fell for this one.

www.theoutpostforum.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Hence why I said humorous.

Its up there with north Korea using scenes from top gun or a news agency, which I forget, showed the plane scene from lost as a real event.

On the flip side those videos were not used to suggest a foreign country intentionally acted in that manner. This video was used to make a claim against the US government.

edit on 5-9-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Prelim report on that investigation is to be released this coming Tuesday (Sept 9th) by the dutch.

So then, this is just a video of some joker making biased assumptions, and then stating them as fact. Don't you think we've all seen too much of that sort of propaganda over the course of this conflict?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Lol, what can I say?
second line

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
hmmmph so this American has the scoop on Putin in a 2 minute video....nice....so i wonder how many people i can sucker in by making a 2 minute video on why Kim Jong-un has an extreme disliking of toilet paper and uses his fingers to wipe his butt

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join