It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TN pastor vows not to ‘repent’ for homophobia: God says gays ‘must be put to death’

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701
your confusion stems from not understanding that there is distinction between Laws Statutes and ordinances in the old testament.

Actually my confusion comes from trying to understand how so many seemingly intelligent people with the ability to think for themselves have simply thrown away that ability only to believe in some book of myths written by men almost 2000 years ago.

Men who treated women with less respect than they did their sheep or cattle. Men who believed it was totally ok to stone a woman to death because she was raped or make her marry her rapist and pay the father some silver. Men who believed it was ok to sell their daughters as slaves. Men who believed it was their duty to kill the women and children of their enemy's but keep the virgins as their own.

Just to name a few....But I'm sure you'll have some way of changing all those into some justifiable rules that fit the times or an old set of rules that were ok at the time but have changed so they don't count.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

Well alrighty then. I guess I'll be chilling in the lake of fire.

Sounds like I need to save you a seat.

Of course the visions of John of Patmos couldn't have possibly been the hallucinations an exiled, isolated man. Of course not.... that couldn't happen.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u

originally posted by: blupblup

originally posted by: jtma508
See? Who says we need to wait for ISIS to show up? We've got the same thing here already.

When these pastors take to the streets and start beheading people and murdering babies and etc, then there will be a comparison... until then, we have absolutely nothing like ISIS anywhere in the west.

Thank you. I was wondering how long this thread was going to go with comparing the ISIS to the United States. There is NO comparison at all!

As far as the homosexual discussion....easy.....hate the sin not the sinner.

What exactly does 'Hate the sin and not the sinner' mean in terms of gay people?

In terms of gay people? why not all people who sin? Simple......hate all sin but not the sinner. According to the OT being homosexual is against God's law. If you have a problem with that then take it up with him personally.

I'm an atheist. I'd also like to point out that according to 'God's Law' it's illegal for me to eat bacon, have sex with a menstruating woman, eat shellfish, plant more than one kind of seed in one field, mix meat and dairy products (no cheeseburgers in other words - oh noes!), be uncircumcised, work on the Sabbath and be an atheist in the first place. Come on, don't be ridiculous. Those are the rules of a Bronze-age people. Surely we have advanced beyond that?

There are many laws from God and you named a few. Clearly you have never met him nor do you believe. That is fine with me. Not everyone belongs in paradise.

I'm an atheist. Of course I don't believe. Are you seriously saying that bacon, scallops, cheeseburgers and planting different things in the same pot (I have a tomato plant next to the chilli plant after the dog chewed up the one the tomato plant used to be in) are all bad?
Surely modern human laws aimed at modern human life should take precedence?

You speak of human laws........not God's laws. God is precedence over human. You are looking at this issue from "flesh side" not from a "spiritual side". God is spirit.

It is written in the NT - "Ask and you shall receive." I always ask and I always receive.

Please answer this question. Based on what the bible says, should people eat bacon, shellfish or cheeseburgers? Yes or no?

YES

Thank you. So you are willing to break the biblical law. As am I.

Wrong I am not willing to break biblical law. You need to read Acts chapter 11 - it explains it all.

I eat pork and in the NT it clearly speaks about what I can and can not eat.

You attack Christian belief but do not know the belief. This makes you a hypocrite.

???? Acts Chapter 11 is the bit about Peter eating with Gentiles. Nowt about shellfish or bacon.

Sorry Act chapter 10 versus 9 through 23. When Peter goes into a trance. He saw something like a large sheet being let down from heaven by its four corners and he looked on it and saw four footed animals, wild beasts, birds and reptiles then he heard a voice saying, Get up, Peter kill and eat. Peter then replies surely not, Lord nothing impure or unclean has ever entered my mouth. The voice from heaven spoke a second time and said "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.

I am not a pagan or Jew but a Gentile and in Acts 21:25 it clearly says - Gentiles are to substain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from meat of strangeled animals and from sexual immorality.

Please pass the bacon and shrimp please.........

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Congratulations: every one of your posts has reinforced my conviction that becoming an atheist was 100% correct.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Isn't it amazing that some christians are hell-bent on turning everyone else into non-believers?

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Congratulations: every one of your posts has reinforced my conviction that becoming an atheist was 100% correct.

I'm sorry I missed it --- NOT!

Once I made that decision to step completely out of "the god circle" it was as if a weight was lifted off me. I felt totally free. I was in charge, and everything I did was my sole responsibility.

Best thing I ever did. Have never looked back.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Isn't it amazing that some christians are hell-bent on turning everyone else into non-believers?

They genuinely seem to think that they are totally correct and that we should all listen to them. It's like the door-to-door evangelists. Every time they come around they pester the hell out of us. I'm always polite, I always say thanks but no thanks, but they still try. Last time they came around I lost my temper a bit and said that my wife was a Nazarene (which baffled them) and that I was an atheist (which appalled them). I mean, by their standards I should be going around knocking on doors and demanding that they unembrace the bible and stay in bed on Sunday mornings.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

originally posted by: jtma508
See? Who says we need to wait for ISIS to show up? We've got the same thing here already.

When these pastors take to the streets and start beheading people and murdering babies and etc, then there will be a comparison... until then, we have absolutely nothing like ISIS anywhere in the west.

Thank you. I was wondering how long this thread was going to go with comparing the ISIS to the United States. There is NO comparison at all!

As far as the homosexual discussion....easy.....hate the sin not the sinner.

What exactly does 'Hate the sin and not the sinner' mean in terms of gay people?

In terms of gay people? why not all people who sin? Simple......hate all sin but not the sinner. According to the OT being homosexual is against God's law. If you have a problem with that then take it up with him personally.

I'm an atheist. I'd also like to point out that according to 'God's Law' it's illegal for me to eat bacon, have sex with a menstruating woman, eat shellfish, plant more than one kind of seed in one field, mix meat and dairy products (no cheeseburgers in other words - oh noes!), be uncircumcised, work on the Sabbath and be an atheist in the first place. Come on, don't be ridiculous. Those are the rules of a Bronze-age people. Surely we have advanced beyond that?

There are many laws from God and you named a few. Clearly you have never met him nor do you believe. That is fine with me. Not everyone belongs in paradise.

I'm an atheist. Of course I don't believe. Are you seriously saying that bacon, scallops, cheeseburgers and planting different things in the same pot (I have a tomato plant next to the chilli plant after the dog chewed up the one the tomato plant used to be in) are all bad?
Surely modern human laws aimed at modern human life should take precedence?

You speak of human laws........not God's laws. God is precedence over human. You are looking at this issue from "flesh side" not from a "spiritual side". God is spirit.

It is written in the NT - "Ask and you shall receive." I always ask and I always receive.

Please answer this question. Based on what the bible says, should people eat bacon, shellfish or cheeseburgers? Yes or no?

YES

Thank you. So you are willing to break the biblical law. As am I.

Wrong I am not willing to break biblical law. You need to read Acts chapter 11 - it explains it all.

I eat pork and in the NT it clearly speaks about what I can and can not eat.

You attack Christian belief but do not know the belief. This makes you a hypocrite.

???? Acts Chapter 11 is the bit about Peter eating with Gentiles. Nowt about shellfish or bacon.

Sorry Act chapter 10 versus 9 through 23. When Peter goes into a trance. He saw something like a large sheet being let down from heaven by its four corners and he looked on it and saw four footed animals, wild beasts, birds and reptiles then he heard a voice saying, Get up, Peter kill and eat. Peter then replies surely not, Lord nothing impure or unclean has ever entered my mouth. The voice from heaven spoke a second time and said "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.

I am not a pagan or Jew but a Gentile and in Acts 21:25 it clearly says - Gentiles are to substain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from meat of strangeled animals and from sexual immorality.

Please pass the bacon and shrimp please.........

So no black pudding them? I'm sorry, but it's still illogical. "Here's a book of myths and dietary laws that don't make any sense any more, plus some morals from a small area of the Middle East. Read it, obey it, ignore bits of it, ignore actual real life, ignore certain aspects of love and above all ignore the logical fallacies and historical inaccuracies."

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: DaphneApollo

I know there are a lot of Bible oriented Christians as members here at ATS. Should Gays be put to death? Exorcised? or punished by being banished?
quoted from OP

It is terrible that ANY pastor would say this. As for your question above none is applicable from my view point at least.

As long as people leave children and animals out of their 'sexual romps' it's no ones' business.

It's funny you say this. The Virgin Mary was probably about 12 when she was betrothed, and while is CLAIMED to have been a virgin before having Jesus (unlikely, she either said that to lie about infidelity or it was something made up LONG after Jesus was born) she certainly had sex after he was born (what couple wouldn't?). So it is VERY likely that Joseph (age 33) married and had sex with an extreme minor and Jesus was the result (or at least his siblings). We know this because that was the custom of the area at the time. So while Christians spend SO much time hating homosexuality, the father of their messiah practiced pedophilia on the mother of their messiah (who is practically worshiped herself these days).

Interesting, but your evidence for all of the above us what? "Probably" is not very definate.

I'd say that because it was normal for the times so it's not surprising. It most likely occurred. It would have been unusual if it DIDN'T happen. I can't say for sure, so I use the word probably, which is always the case for me (I'm agnostic). That's how I roll.
edit on 5-9-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Prove it. I want to see proof of your god before I'm going to believe anything you say. Your book of testimonials doesn't count as proof either.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: DaphneApollo

I know there are a lot of Bible oriented Christians as members here at ATS. Should Gays be put to death? Exorcised? or punished by being banished?
quoted from OP

It is terrible that ANY pastor would say this. As for your question above none is applicable from my view point at least.

As long as people leave children and animals out of their 'sexual romps' it's no ones' business.

It's funny you say this. The Virgin Mary was probably about 12 when she was betrothed, and while is CLAIMED to have been a virgin before having Jesus (unlikely, she either said that to lie about infidelity or it was something made up LONG after Jesus was born) she certainly had sex after he was born (what couple wouldn't?). So it is VERY likely that Joseph (age 33) married and had sex with an extreme minor and Jesus was the result (or at least his siblings). We know this because that was the custom of the area at the time. So while Christians spend SO much time hating homosexuality, the father of their messiah practiced pedophilia on the mother of their messiah (who is practically worshiped herself these days).

Interesting, but your evidence for all of the above us what? "Probably" is not very definate.

I'd say that because it was normal for the times so it's not surprising. It most likely occurred. It would have been unusual if it DIDN'T happen. I can't say for sure, so I use the word probably, which is always the case for me (I'm agnostic). That's how I roll.

Fair enough. I just found it amusing to see people quibbling over details of the lifestyle of people who most likely didn't even exist.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Well that is a whole other deck of cards you got going there. If we assume that Jesus did live and had parents Mary and Joseph, then what I said above is likely true.

To be honest, I don't know what to think about if Jesus actually lived or not. I think it is likely that he did (or an amalgamation of several people one of which having the name Yeshua, Joshua/Jesus) since he was written about in the bible. I just don't think he had as big a splash on society as Christians like to pretend since little to no records exist outside of the bible that corroborate his existence. I think there are like two that most Christians point to when asked to produce secular proof of his existence, but those sources are shaky at best and seem like a stretch. So who knows?

In any case, I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of hating homosexuality while condoning pedophilia from the parents of their lord and savior. I guess having sex with children is A-OK in God's book, but as soon as you try to have sex with someone who is your same gender, then it's taboo (unless that person happens to be an altar boy, then it's ok because: see pedophilia).
edit on 5-9-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

wow, old retards die hard.

He should start a church of Satan chapter where he lives...the way he loves his hate is impressive.

edit on 9 5 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Christian churches fighting FOR marriage equality.

The United Church of Christ (UCC), joined by a group of LGBT-friendly clergy and same-sex couples, has filed a lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of North Carolina’s laws and constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage. Not only does the ban inhibit same-sex couples’ equal protection under the law, the complaint argues, but it also violates the religious liberty of these religious leaders.

thinkprogress.org...

More religious organizations join the lawsuit for marriage equality in NC.

The Central Conference of American Rabbis, All Souls Episcopal Cathedral, and the Alliances of Baptists have joined the United Church of Christ in a lawsuit that challenges North Carolina's constitutional amendment banning marriage equality.

www.glaad.org...

NOTE: don't forget I lump all Christians into one big pile painted with a broad brush.
Rolls eyes

edit on 5-9-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Here are some things Jesus Christ said, "killing" is not promoted by Jesus:

"you heard it was said 'an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth' but I say turn the other cheek"

"love your neighbors...and your enemies"

"those who pick up the sword will die by the sword"

"so in everything do unto others as you would have them do to you"

Matthew 6:14-15
For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Jesus promoted a life of Mercy/Forgiveness/Turning The Other Cheek.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I wish they were obsessed with pollution as they are with homophobia.

yanno... they are all a bunch of crazies.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I think the issue is how the Sodomite lifestyle is pushed by the non-believer, media, politicians and those Sodomites and their supporters in the courts. I hate no one, and only pray for those tormented ungodly souls, but If I do not want to make a wedding cake, or hold a wedding on my property, I should not be forced to by those same Sodomites. You are seeing push back against the constant intrusion of the Sodomites by legal force in this, (USA) and other countries.

Evil is does not succeed by creating evil worshippers, it succeeds by trying to erase G_D from his creation.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It's not just the opinion of a vocal few, it is written down right there in the HOLY BIBLE. It is reasonble to think that if the book is promoted as THE WORD OF GOD, then some assholes will take it all as the words of god and want to interpret it literally. And it says to KILL the people who don't follow the rules, sooo....... Luckily most christians gloss over most of the bible or else they really would be in the streets stoning people for eating shrimp, or working on the sabbath. The problem here is that the friggin bible calls for death to those who do not toe the line. The bigger problem is that people read this blarney and try to justify it in a modern society. Can we even call ourselves modern when such a large section of the world population is still taking their cues from books like the bible?

edit on 6-9-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Lladdwr
Wow

I think the issue is how the Sodomite lifestyle is pushed by the non-believer, media, politicians and those Sodomites and their supporters in the courts.

So atheists, FOX and CNN, all the gay politicians, their constituants, and the judges? Do you feel like everyone is trying to put gay thoughts in your head?

I really don't think any one is pushing a gay agenda. I don't see any of these people trying to convince anyone else to BE gay. All ive ever heard is a plea for tolerance for those who are gay. Mostly from the intolerance they recieve from the religious people who seem to take the bible as the word of some god.

It is the religious literalists who call for beheadings and stonings and all around general intolerance.

I hate no one, and only pray for those tormented ungodly souls,

Tormented, ungodly souls? You need to check yourself.

but If I do not want to make a wedding cake, or hold a wedding on my property, I should not be forced to by those same Sodomites. You are seeing push back against the constant intrusion of the Sodomites by legal force in this, (USA) and other countries.

If you walked into a walmart, and they refused to do business with you because you were white, or black, or a man, or a woman, or a christian, would you not be a little bit miffed and confused? Why should gay people be excluded from this type of protection?

Evil is does not succeed by creating evil worshippers, it succeeds by trying to erase G_D from his creation.

Evil exists because people like you perpetuate it under the guise of righteous religion.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lladdwr

I think the issue is how the Sodomite lifestyle is pushed by the non-believer, media, politicians and those Sodomites and their supporters in the courts. I hate no one, and only pray for those tormented ungodly souls, but If I do not want to make a wedding cake, or hold a wedding on my property, I should not be forced to by those same Sodomites. You are seeing push back against the constant intrusion of the Sodomites by legal force in this, (USA) and other countries.

Have you actually sat and read your words back to yourself? It's truly frightening to know that people like you walk the earth. I'm more afraid of you than I am of war and terrorism combined.

What does that say about you?

Nothing good.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join