It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TN pastor vows not to ‘repent’ for homophobia: God says gays ‘must be put to death’

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: stormbringer1701

That would make sense if homosexuality was a choice, too bad science is proving that that isn't the case. So basically you are telling people to deny their natural urges because god (who made them that way) disproves of them. Sounds like a conflict of interest to me. OR just maybe it's all hogwash and homosexuality is just fine because all you Christians misinterpreted a benign passage transcribed thousands of years ago by uneducated goat herders. I like that sentence better, it sounds closer to reality than "all humans are sinners".

no because all men have a sin nature. heterosexuals have drives to fornicate and to commit adultery. those sins are also death sentences. the wages of all sin is death. repentance receives unmerited grace from God. That was his plan from the beginning. however; God is particularly offended by those that try to pervert the natural order of things. man and woman. motherhood.

did you know that God considers it an abomination to cook a lamb or calf in it's own mother's milk? why? because it perverts the natural relation he set forth for a mother and child. likewise Homosexual acts are a perversion of the order of relations that God intended. our sin nature and our particular proclivities are no excuse. as a man we are able to deny and mortify our flesh and subject it to the intellect of our soul.

that is why it is technically possible for a man to go through life without sinning even if in practice that has never happened (Jesus excluded.) That is how we are justly condemned by the Law. But the goal of the law, It's spirit, is everlasting life through the fulfillment of the Law by Jesus.

you cannot get to heaven by not committing homosexual acts or by not committing acts of fornication or adultery or bearing false witness and so forth because every christian eventually messes up and commits even the tiniest of sins. but that is enough. only by admitting and regretting sin in prayer and trying to abstain can anyone hope to be justified through the blood of Christ before God.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Unless you don't believe in sin.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
another thing: it is humans that have a sliding scale of justice. God, on the other hand, views all sins as equal. There is no such thing as a little sin. the wages of sin are death. not just sins that some preacher hates. in that measure homosexual sex is equal to heterosexual fornication or Adultery. or what we as humans view as a slight infraction. when a christian preaches against homosexual acts or homosexual marriage it is not an act of hate or fear. a preacher should preach against all sin equally. but if a particular audience is in bondage to a certain sin then of course the preacher should identify it as part of his duty as a minister for that particular audience. this includes those that are unsaved, unbelievers, or simply errant believers. that being said Jesus also said if the audience does not want to hear it after the first witness attempt then move on and leave them to gods plan for them. do not sew pearls before swine.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

There is absolutely ZERO evidence to show that anything you said is even remotely valid. NOTHING. You are totally just pulling some BS out of thin air and saying it with some kind of authority which you don't have nor have any evidence to show that anything you say is true.

I do have to admire the massive arrogance in how you go about saying it though. It is so very impressive to hear someone speak for God Himself and Lay out the Laws about Sin, Heaven, etc. with such pride.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Unless you don't believe in sin.

God does not care what you believe in. God does not need your permission to exist. or your belief for His power. Instead you require his grace for your continued existence. all souls belong to God. you cannot give it to Odin or the devil. It is not your's to give or withhold. Those that do not believe will be in for quite a rude revelation on the day they depart the flesh.

King James Bible Ezekiel 18:4

Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701
another thing: it is humans that have a sliding scale of justice. God, on the other hand, views all sins as equal. There is no such thing as a little sin. the wages of sin are death. not just sins that some preacher hates.

Really??? All sin is equal. So all moral "wrongs" are equal too, right???

So that means skipping Church is the same as Raping a Baby in the Face??? You really expect anyone to believe that??? I find that pretty difficult to believe. Again, I think you're either just making this up or you heard it from some Religious Authority figure and decided it sounded good so now you're continuing to spread the disinfo yourself.

Explain to me how burning down a children's heath care facility full of children and hospital staff is equal to eating pork or badmouthing my parents....

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

There is absolutely ZERO evidence to show that anything you said is even remotely valid. NOTHING. You are totally just pulling some BS out of thin air and saying it with some kind of authority which you don't have nor have any evidence to show that anything you say is true.

I do have to admire the massive arrogance in how you go about saying it though. It is so very impressive to hear someone speak for God Himself and Lay out the Laws about Sin, Heaven, etc. with such pride.

Have you read the bible? you are expected to read the bible rightly dividing the word of God. The things i have said are all scripturally sound as opposed to the traditions of man presented as if they were God's words. if you think that there is any sin that makes your soul deader than any other in the lake of fire please provide evidence for it right here.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

another thing: it is humans that have a sliding scale of justice. God, on the other hand, views all sins as equal. There is no such thing as a little sin. the wages of sin are death. not just sins that some preacher hates.

Really??? All sin is equal. So all moral "wrongs" are equal too, right???

So that means skipping Church is the same as Raping a Baby in the Face??? You really expect anyone to believe that??? I find that pretty difficult to believe. Again, I think you're either just making this up or you heard it from some Religious Authority figure and decided it sounded good so now you're continuing to spread the disinfo yourself.

Explain to me how burning down a children's heath care facility full of children and hospital staff is equal to eating pork or badmouthing my parents....

skipping church is not a sin.

The church is the people and the original meetings were held in people's houses. Jesus said I am your sabbath. I am your passover. and also be not a respecter of days. he also said whenever two members of the body of Christ get together I will be there with them.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Have you read the bible? you are expected to read the bible rightly dividing the word of God. The things i have said are all scripturally sound as opposed to the traditions of man presented as if they were God's words. if you think that there is any sin that makes your soul deader than any other in the lake of fire please provide evidence for it right here.

Yes I have and I found it to be Highly questionable as far as being some kind of Book of Truth when it comes to any kind of Morality. I found it to be Highly questionable as to simply being True or accurate as well.

All the things you've said may in fact be perfectly in line with the bible. I don't doubt you've studied it very closely and memorized certain sections of it too. However, scripture is not evidence of anything. It no more proves anything you've said so far than me reading a recipe out of a cookbook is the same as me eating a pie. You'll have to do better than just reading some words from a book to show evidence for the claims you're making.

What are you asking me to provide evidence for again???

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

skipping church is not a sin.

The church is the people and the original meetings were held in people's houses. Jesus said I am your sabbath. I am your passover. and also be not a respecter of days. he also said whenever two members of the body of Christ get together I will be there with them.

Fine. Then I'll change it stealing a loaf of bread to feed your starving family then. So stealing bread is equal to Raping a baby in the face, is that correct???

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

No, you see, you can't just make up a deity and then insist that people must believe in it or else.

I don't require your belief system, although I'm fascinated that some do and I would even go as far as saying that I admire their faith.

Never-the-less, your personal belief should have no bearing on my existence either on this earth or in whatever happens after we die - if anything happens after this at all.

I'm not saying that there's nothing to believe in, I'm just saying that if there is and it cares whether I do or not, it isn't worth worshipping.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
while we are at it: Eating Pork is not a sin for christians. gentiles were never under jewish covenants unless they were converted from the Judaic faith. Eating pork is not sin. it's just not healthy and therfore not a good idea.

Paul:

King James Bible 1 Corinthians 6:12
All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

No, you see, you can't just make up a deity and then insist that people must believe in it or else.

I don't require your belief system, although I'm fascinated that some do and I would even go as far as saying that I admire their faith.

Never-the-less, your personal belief should have no bearing on my existence either on this earth or in whatever happens after we die - if anything happens after this at all.

I'm not saying that there's nothing to believe in, I'm just saying that if there is and it cares whether I do or not, it isn't worth worshipping.
and you misunderstand God created everything. everything is his property. everything exists for his pleasure. that which isn't pleasing is within his right to destroy. his toys. his rules. this includes people that do not acknowledge his existence.

IOW his perogative to judge his creation is not contingent on permission or belief of his creation.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

while we are at it: Eating Pork is not a sin for christians. gentiles were never under jewish covenants unless they were converted from the Judaic faith. Eating pork is not sin. it's just not healthy and therfore not a good idea.

Paul:

All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

So Sin isn't the same for everyone then is what you're saying. Well, maybe Homosexual Sex is only a sin for straight people and vise versa then.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I don't misunderstand at all. You choose to believe one thing and I choose to believe another thing. There's no misunderstanding whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
more on what jewish health laws the apostles decided to give to the converted gentiles who were never under law.

New International Version
Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood.

thats it. no "don't eat pork" and "avoiding being near menstruating women" and so forth.

furthermore he jumped all up a congregations jock for trying to force circumscision and other jewish requirements. he said if you are circumsised you must live by the whole law (and since that's impossible you would perish by the law rather than live by grace.

galations 5:3-5

3And I testify again to every man who receives circumcision, that he is under obligation to keep the whole Law. 4You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace. 5For we through the Spirit, by faith, are waiting for the hope of righteousness.…

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I'm wondering if you've read the Bible.

Who was that in the Bible who generally opposed people who justified intolerance and hate by hiding behind the guise of religion? You know the guy with long hair, tended to have a strong dislike for people who treated others poorly and without compassion. I can't place his name...... Didn't get along to well with people who perverted the jewish traditions with greed, imagined belief structures, and close minded arrogance. C'mon you gotta help me here. He was a pretty swell guy, didn't threaten people with fire and brimstone constantly but would have been happy to share a meal with anyone, and by a meal, I mean his meal, and spent most of his time with sinners teaching them more about who they could be instead of damning them for they are.

Who was that guy? That's right, it was Jesus.

Maybe you oughta look at yourself in the mirror before you continue to spread ugliness. In Christian tradition Jesus is light, is purity, what you spread in his name is darkness. You should be ashamed of yourself, if I as an atheist have a better appreciation and admiration of the focus of Jesus' teachings than you do it's a sad day indeed. I didn't walk away from any of the many times I've read the Bible a believer, and I never will. What I do take with me is wisdom of how to treat others... Even without belief, one can aspire to be more like Jesus.

If I'm wrong and magical sky man does exist do you really think an atheist who lived according to Christ is going to be damned to hell over a Christian who uses God's name to threaten & condemn others while not following the path of Christ.

I'm sorry, Christ, being the Son of God had every right to be a judgmental jerk to everyone he met who disagreed with his point of view, but he didn't did he? So what gives you the right?

Besides, you shouldn't quote the OT too much. If you truly believe, then please realize God had to explain how the universe works and what is expected to relatively primitive people, the salt of the earth, you know, morons. He had to keep it simple so they could understand it. Of course homosexuality would be a moral sin when one if your main goals is to populate. Now, not so much, until God decides to update the Bible for accuracy, maybe you should back your whole train up a bit so to speak.

Say what you will to me after you read this. You will not offend me, hurt my feelings, or otherwise upset me. I have no fear of your god that can be leveraged. Have a good night brother, follow your own religion, or go be a satanist or something, it'd be more honest than pretending to be righteous.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Paul:

So Sin isn't the same for everyone then is what you're saying. Well, maybe Homosexual Sex is only a sin for straight people and vise versa then.

your confusion stems from not understanding that there is distinction between Laws Statutes and ordinances in the old testament.

Jesus said he had not come to abolish the law he also said i have not come to change one jot or title of the law. but when his accusers tried to say he was violating law he told them that thier traditions were not Law.

furthermore when Jesus fulfilled the law he negated the need to continue anything related to ritual cleanliness or to continue sacrificing once the perfect sacrifice had been accomplished. any further sacrifice would be the same as saying That Chirst could not take away all sin. it would deny he is the savior. so those laws though not done away with were fulfilled for all time for all who believes in him. This does not mean that we are free to break the commandments. though if we do it is possible to repent and reinstate grace for ourselves through him.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

So being circumsised means you must follow a different set of rules than those who aren't??? Just that one difference of being cut or uncut puts someone under another set of laws???

Even though almost all circumcisions happen when one is a baby and without their consent or knowledge of it happening???

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Osiris1953

I'm wondering if you've read the Bible.

Who was that in the Bible who generally opposed people who justified intolerance and hate by hiding behind the guise of religion? You know the guy with long hair, tended to have a strong dislike for people who treated others poorly and without compassion. I can't place his name...... Didn't get along to well with people who perverted the jewish traditions with greed, imagined belief structures, and close minded arrogance. C'mon you gotta help me here. He was a pretty swell guy, didn't threaten people with fire and brimstone constantly but would have been happy to share a meal with anyone, and by a meal, I mean his meal, and spent most of his time with sinners teaching them more about who they could be instead of damning them for they are.

Who was that guy? That's right, it was Jesus.

Maybe you oughta look at yourself in the mirror before you continue to spread ugliness. In Christian tradition Jesus is light, is purity, what you spread in his name is darkness. You should be ashamed of yourself, if I as an atheist have a better appreciation and admiration of the focus of Jesus' teachings than you do it's a sad day indeed. I didn't walk away from any of the many times I've read the Bible a believer, and I never will. What I do take with me is wisdom of how to treat others... Even without belief, one can aspire to be more like Jesus.

If I'm wrong and magical sky man does exist do you really think an atheist who lived according to Christ is going to be damned to hell over a Christian who uses God's name to threaten & condemn others while not following the path of Christ.

I'm sorry, Christ, being the Son of God had every right to be a judgmental jerk to everyone he met who disagreed with his point of view, but he didn't did he? So what gives you the right?

Besides, you shouldn't quote the OT too much. If you truly believe, then please realize God had to explain how the universe works and what is expected to relatively primitive people, the salt of the earth, you know, morons. He had to keep it simple so they could understand it. Of course homosexuality would be a moral sin when one if your main goals is to populate. Now, not so much, until God decides to update the Bible for accuracy, maybe you should back your whole train up a bit so to speak.

Say what you will to me after you read this. You will not offend me, hurt my feelings, or otherwise upset me. I have no fear of your god that can be leveraged. Have a good night brother, follow your own religion, or go be a satanist or something, it'd be more honest than pretending to be righteous.

i think it is you who have a faulty understanding. Jesus tolerated people. he did not tolerate sin. he did not tell the woman accused of adultery to go and continue committing adultery. he told her to go and sin no more. he did not tolerate the pollution of the temple by the money changers. he kicked all of their asses. and i can assure you that when he returns his first act will kill 7,001 people and after that he will pour out the vials of wrath and finally after the millennium dispose of the unsaved in the lake of fire. billions of them.

edit on 4-9-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join