It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Haines, British Man, Threatened by ISIS in New Video; SITE Says (Photos)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

David Cawthorne Haines, a UK man, was threatened by ISIS in a new video, according to reports on Tuesday.

In the same video, it apparently depicts an ISIS fighter beheading journalist Steven Sotloff, according to reports. The move comes just weeks after journalist James Foley was killed in a similar manner.

The ISIS fighter who carried out the beheading of Sotloff threatened Haines next, reported CNN.

A little more info on the news story:

An official with Nonviolent Peaceforce, a civilian peacekeeping group, confirmed that the man in the video did security work for them in South Sudan in 2012 and was working for another aid group when he was reported abducted in early 2013 in Syria.

"A fellow he was abducted with was released a couple of months ago, and we were hopeful that he would be released soon," said Tiffany Easthom, the South Sudan country director for the organization.

She said that when she heard that ISIS was threatening to kill Haines next, "my heart went into my throat."

She said that Haines was "ex-British military and very familiar with insecure locations ... He was very caring, had a good sense of humor. He left the military and wanted to work for NGOs [non-governmental organizations]."

More Info

Link

This guy has intelligence operative written all over him.

Well I guess the next video with be of a Brit being beheaded.
edit on 2-9-2014 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2014 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2014 by GrantedBail because: formatting

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I hope the SAS or any special forces are close to getting these animals and rescue the hostages.
I can only hope....
#ing animals....pardon my french.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
As far as I know he is supposed to be gone. R.I.P. Either that or another American.
edit on 2-9-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I bet they did all three on the same day and just added a voice over...
Again #ing animals.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: GrantedBail

I have a feeling all the executions were done on the same day. They're just releasing the videos one by one as propaganda.

So so sad...
edit on 2-9-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Again #ing animals.

Well, if it was it would have likely been the same place, and that spot was discovered in a few hours, not by security forces, but a highly acclaimed online blogger and researcher.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Again #ing animals.

Very possible. They could also be releasing them after a certain event (i.e Obama airstrikes on ISIS targets) which happened recently, twice actually and two dead Americans.

My guess they know Obama is going to keep striking them, so they are going to keep killing them. Either way it's sad and I hope someone stops them soon.

-SAP-
edit on 2-9-2014 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I say level their convoys, firebomb em all to ash
They deserve far worse

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
I say level their convoys, firebomb em all to ash

Except we play nice now when it comes to war. All they need to do is run into a Mosque and suddenly they are off limits.

If we had to refight World War II with the same mentality the results of that conflict could be open for debate.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

I don't think so because supposedly facial hair and head hair has grown since the first video.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy

I have a feeling all the executions were done on the same day. They're just releasing the videos one by one as propaganda.

So so sad...

That seems about right since they apologized for the timing of the release

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I can't believe we haven't carpet bombed the bastards out of existence. Break out the old B-29s. B52's the stratofortress' and just fill the skies with bombers going old school...

Unfortunately these IS fighters probably follow the same MO as most muslim fighters, hiding amongst the women and children as innocent civilians. Only parading in front of the camera when nobody is looking.

Maybe would be a good job for the French Foreign Legion to go attack these guys. Maybe hoist a giant cartoon of Allah between two tanks and when they come running just open fire.

getting off topic so apologize... I feel horrible for the parents of these men and of any of the men who have suffered similar fate. To know your child went through that must be worse than the victim suffered.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

You know if Regan was still alive and president, he woulda wiped em out and came on tv afterwards and told us. He did that to Libya, and they kept their mouths shut for about 20+ years

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You know, then we bomb the structures that allow these scum to hide in, the people in those mosques are collaborators as far as I am concerned and just as guilty as the ones doing the attacks and beheadings

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy
If they are indeed real, then this is a possibility that I didn't think about. Good point!

I just don't get why these men don't start jerking left and right, biting, kicking......

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

O dear, I think its time to go in hard.

We can't stand by and watch.

The kids are being turned into the next lot of Extremists by being brainwashed. There will be no end unless they are bombed asap.

They do have Civilians in that area though which will be a slight problem.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Missing Libyan Jetliners Raise Fears of Suicide Airliner Attacks on 9/11
Egypt set for military intervention as Libya spirals toward failed state

freebeacon.com...

11 missing
edit on 043030p://bTuesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
ISIS wants almost all the ME and parts of Europe too. More proof that they need to be stopped.

Walid Shoebat, a scholar on Islam, has translated the map of ISIS’ “ten state solution” for the Middle East, which it plans to achieve over the next decade by removing secular governments in its way.

1. Anatolia (Turkey)
2. Kurdistan
3. Gogaz, (C.I.S, which includes Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan)
4. Khorasan (Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan and possibly Indonesia)
5. Iraq
6. Sham (Syria, Lebanon)
7. Qinana (Egypt, Sudan and Somalia)
8. Maghreb (which includes Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco and Mauritania)
9. Yemen
10. Hijaz (which includes the Gulf States)

Link

How real is that dream of theirs? Seems very unlikely, but within 10 years who knows... Scary thought...

-SAP-
edit on 2-9-2014 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Thats scary eh...When are we finally going to admit that it is Islamists and only Islamists that are the scourge of the earth and are trying to destroy everything we have worked so hard for?

Maybe a new thread topic worth writing...

If I drew a cartoon depicting Allah, would a non-extremist Muslim...
a) be offended
b) be offended and threaten to kill me
c) be offended and riot
d) be offended and strap on a suicide vest and blow up the local market

Sounds like a good test to root out the extremist for extermination.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Its not Allah they get offended with, its Mohammed

top topics

<<   2 >>

join