It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens and UFOs – Is Your Church Ignoring The Elephant In The Room?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Why is it that most churches won't touch this subject?

Here's a pretty interesting article that talks about some of the reasons.

Aliens and UFOs - Is Your Church Ignoring The Elephant In The Room?

My personal opinion is that most church people just dismiss anything they don't know about or understand. Its an ignorant position to take, but that seems to be the issue.

What do you think?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: strangechristian777
Its an ignorant position to take, but that seems to be the issue.

Agreed it is an issue because many automatically associate ET/ALIENS with demons out of ignorance and misunderstanding. Acknowledged yes some are malevolent but also many are benevolent...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: strangechristian777

I think if you base your whole life on a book written by Constantinople to keep an empire together you need help....
Specially when much of it has proved false......the rest a rehash of much older religions....

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Well, the Vatican has acknowledged the possibility of space brothers. However, most fundamental Christians believe that ETs are fallen angels and demons.

Personally, I think we have alien overlords who created religion to explain their presence and dealings here, on planet Earth, and dominate our governments.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I often wonder if in fact someday Jesus returns and it turns out bible is basically true except it turns out Jesus and god really are just some really advanced species that did all the things the bible said they did including creating earth and us. Will religious people still want to follow them?

Maybe they can give us immortality. I guess that would be a compelling reason to follow them as gods.

What if we are just their computer program where they can bring us all back and create a heaven to continue in. What then? How would knowing your just a computer program change your life view?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: windword
I find the account of alien abductions that abruptly cease when the lords name is called out to be very interesting.

If they are demons or fallen angels then that name.shouldn't mean anything. Its just another thong I hope to actually have an answer to someday.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Perhaps aliens are demonic, perhaps they are from another dimension, or they could just be from another planet.

A lot of churches don't believe in them because the Holy Bible doesn't acknowledge them openly - but the Holy Bible is very clear that there is knowledge that God had withheld from humanity.... It is highly possible another civilization could be part of that hidden information.

Either way - the Holy Bible does give scripture to support the possibility of alien life, or other.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
All the pieces of the puzzle are within our grasp, it's just fitting them all together.
Yet we have people who like to disrupt the puzzle, maybe even take a few of the pieces out the box to bend and distort them.

That doesn't matter, because when they're fitted, the picture starts to reveal it's self.

The truth, shall set us free.

edit on 31-07-2014 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Honestly, I don't think the "Lord's name" has anything to do with it. Self determination does, regardless of whether one uses a magical spell, a magical name or just says "NO!".

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Why is it that most churches won't touch this subject?

Because Aliens are Demons ?

My personal opinion is that most church people just dismiss anything they don't know about or understand.

Or find the answers they seek in their book rather than looking up and seeing the many stars that host many other worlds inhabited by many other species.

edit on 28-8-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I love how open minded those above this post are! In my family there's too much bible thumping for open mindedness.

Its the journey of searching that I enjoy. All the what ifs are captivating.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
I love how open minded those above this post are! In my family there's too much bible thumping for open mindedness.

Its the journey of searching that I enjoy. All the what ifs are captivating.

I am a Christian, and I find the Holy Bible very important to my faith. I "thump" it when appropriate, but I also know that God gave me common sense; to not use that common sense is to insult God (in my opinion).

If God had not intended us to be curious, I doubt he would have given us the desire to learn.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MentorsRiddle

Blind faith has historically proven to not be a good thing in any religion.

My experience with most is they haven't read their book of faith for more than a verse and they don't know or want to know the historical significance of what's written.

The most sold and read book of all time is also the most edited. Personally I find what we know was omitted to be very interesting.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
I find the account of alien abductions that abruptly cease when the lords name is called out to be very interesting.

I find those alleged accounts to be completely unbelievable.

Aliens are organic creatures who use structures they built to travel in.
Demons are etherial and have no need of a metal space ship.
Aliens are not demons. Demons are not aliens.

I worked with a woman who was a devout fundamentalist christian. She absolutely would not believe that aliens could possibly exist because .. in her words ... 'they aren't in the bible so they don't exist'. I tried to point out to her that they are indeed in the bible and that the fact that we aren't alone in the universe wouldn't effect her belief in God. But she wouldn't even attempt to listen. I pointed out that many things aren't in the bible but they exist. Again, I got the evil eye from her. So I didn't bother talking to her about it after that. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

For some reason, some Christian churches are afraid to death of the fact that God could easily have populated the universe with souled beings. When the Vatican recently stated that God could have done this and it doesn't effect your belief in God, I was very happy to see it. It's common sense.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Dogmatic religions and their followers are quite adept at ignoring many things in the room... elephants, lamps, candles, windows... even that nice coffee table and love seat.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I've been told I'm evil and the Antichrist just for reading the holy books of other faiths. If that is what these people are taught in their church, I want no part of it.

The whole conform, believe exactly this way or the devil is leading you astray got old thousands of years ago. The more a person learns, the more reasons a person sees for faiths to not want a person to educate themselves.

ETA: but, the abductees either made it up or they believe it! That's what's interesting.

edit on 28-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I doubt E.T cares about religion at all, anymore then the religions caring about the true nature of E.t.

If E.t considered or believed it self to be actually divine, or try to spread some holy gospel, then I would definitely considered it some form of a...what you would call a Christian deception. Where it would consider itself royalty among all life, and has the ego that would match that of the Devil, or even God for that matter.

Thankfully, I dont think E.t gives a crap about most religions at all. If anything, religion wants to give a crap about Aliens, cause they feel it more realistic, or some how related to their cause.

Like their were knight in shining armor, wearing the brand of god, trying to save some virgin princess from a fiery Dragon

If anything, the religious are the elephants in the spaceships.

edit on 28-8-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
They either don't believe it or wave it off as being demonic deceptions. At least, this was my experience growing up in a religious organization. I remember in my teens I was having a conversation with an elder about the possibility that other planets out there could be populated. If us, why not others? He dismissed my query insisting it was not important. And when I asked about the sightings and UFO phenomena I got the all too common response, "Satan and the demons are very clever. And working hard to detract from God and the truth in any way they can!" It was rather frustrating since I had an innate curiosity about this subject and would often chat to others outside the organization with much more interesting views and some pretty fascinating stories to tell. But any time it was brought up around the church folk the idea was shot down in flames.

Sigh. I would occasionally chat to someone who at the very least would admit that there could be others. But they would all often agree that these "Ets" would not be allowed to visit this planet until after our final judgment, therefore negating the potential sightings anyway. Man, they came up with any and every excuse to deflect the possibility of ET existence. And they weren't even the logical excuses that make for a decent argument.
edit on 2882014 by MoonMystic because: typo

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I always found John 18:36 interesting.

36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

As a follower of Christ, am i an "alien"? I surely don't fit in in this world of death and destruction.

The 'flying chariot of fire that Elijah hitched a ride on could be called a UFO (2 Kings 2:11)

And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

I feel that there is more of a possibility of inter-dimensional travel, rather than inter-galactic, but i am just another nobody, stuck on this rock until it is my time for metamorphosis.

edit on 28-8-2014 by occrest because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Have you considered that they ignore the elephant because they don't have any tangible proof?
Most Christians have accepted the existence of dinosaurs because of physical proof. I know some don't but you will always have those types.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join