It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona-9 Year old girl kills gun instructer

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
seriously what possesses a person to give a child, esp one so young a machine pistol.

what kid needs to know how to handle an uzi?!

theres no reason anyone can can come up with to justify that

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: NavyDoc

Well well. Another child with a Uzi

www.nbcnews.com...

Kids killing kids with guns

www.nydailynews.com...

Other kids killed with guns

www.theguardian.com...

Kids in The U.S. are 17 times more likely to be killed by guns than in any other developed country. And the U.S. accounts for 75% of children murdered in the developed world.

www.slate.com...

What a hell of a place to live.

I'm sorry. You want me to address a comment by you when you've ignored my multiple points to you? That's not very cricket. Why don't you answer the points I've brought up to you first and then I'll go ahead and tear the ones above apart, M'kay?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
seriously what possesses a person to give a child, esp one so young a machine pistol.

what kid needs to know how to handle an uzi?!

theres no reason anyone can can come up with to justify that

Maybe it comes under the banner of " Weird hobbies "

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: sg1642

originally posted by: TinkerHaus
This instructor used poor judgment and paid the ultimate price.

I agree that we should all feel very sorry for the little girl who was lead into this situation.

You know what happens more often than accidents with firearms? Someone has a few drinks, gets behind the wheel of a car, and ends up severely injuring or killing themselves and others. Should we call for a ban on vehicles because some people are idiots? Don't even tell me that I'm "comparing apples to oranges" because more children die in auto related accidents every year than from gun related accidents or crimes..

So if you people are all concerned with saving lives, and not just exploiting every tragic incident you can to promote and further your own irrational fears, why aren't you asking for cars to be banned? Surely more idiots misuse vehicles than firearms..

I would agree. Except you wouldn't put a child behind the wheel of a car so why give them a weapon designed to kill?

My daughter got behind the wheel of the car and I let her drive it two feet down the driveway to get it off the hose. It tickled her pink and not a single injury occurred. Of course I was beside her and holding the wheel with one foot on the brake.

I agree that giving the UZI to the kid for the novelty of it was the wrong thing to do. OTOH, thousands of kids her age plink with .22s with their parents supervision in a controlled condition every day without a single injury.

yeah but you see what I mean. I agree completely though that people blow isolated occurrences out of proportion simply because it's firearms. You don't see people trying to have climbing frames and trampolines banned when children die on them. Two big no no's are don't leave them unsupervised and don't give them something they can't handle I suppose.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
theres no hunting need for such a device.

you really might as well be handing them TNT

its supremely dangerous and totally unnecessary

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

As for your previous replies i have ignored they come under the heading " You doth protest to much"
You keep repeating yourself over and over again. You are a gun fanatic and nothing that anyone says is going to change your opinion.
As for my last reply to you............maybe those are issues that you want to avoid. Then again, maybe you can accept them for the horrors that they are.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
There must be a way to pin this on Israel. I mean its an Israeli gun for God's sake. Maybe there's some kind of non-jewish child sensor that causes it to go crazy in the presence of goyim children operators?

Could I have something here?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Briles1207

Records suggest that children can handle firearms safely. How many firearms are shot on a daily basis around the United States by children? Now, how many in the past five years have been killed, or killed someone?

With that being said, it is stupid to hand a child a firearm like that. It'd be one thing if she was shooting a little pea-shooter rifle, but an Uzi?

I'll refrain from the rather obtuse name calling of the dead.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: mcChoodles
There must be a way to pin this on Israel. I mean its an Israeli gun for God's sake. Maybe there's some kind of non-jewish child sensor that causes it to go crazy in the presence of goyim children operators?

Could I have something here?
perhaps the nine year old was a mossad agent and the gun instructor knew too much?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Auricom

Records suggest that children can handle firearms safely. How many firearms are shot on a daily basis around the United States by children? Now, how many in the past five years have been killed, or killed someone?

With that being said, it is stupid to hand a child a firearm like that. It'd be one thing if she was shooting a little pea-shooter rifle, but an Uzi?

At one time a nine year old was given a Barbi Doll.
How times have changed.............for the worse.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Hilarious! Too bad there weren't other 'good people' with guns around, huh? They could have shot the firearm out of the 9 year old's hands before she killed her instructor. Oh well. Maybe next time.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

As for your previous replies i have ignored they come under the heading " You doth protest to much"
You keep repeating yourself over and over again. You are a gun fanatic and nothing that anyone says is going to change your opinion.
As for my last reply to you............maybe those are issues that you want to avoid. Then again, maybe you can accept them for the horrors that they are.

No, you Ignored them because they pointed out a very large flaw in your premise--a flaw that you are unable to address, so you ignore it.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Actually, nine year olds would be out hunting for dinner for hundreds of years before Barbie dolls were invented. Methinks a little knowledge of history would be helpful.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Actually, nine year olds would be out hunting for dinner for hundreds of years before Barbie dolls were invented. Methinks a little knowledge of history would be helpful.

no one hunts anything with an uzi.

thats a straight up lethal man killing weapon, for close range assault.

theres literally zero reason to teach a small child that weapon

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
theres no hunting need for such a device.

you really might as well be handing them TNT

its supremely dangerous and totally unnecessary

Giving them to a kid to shoot? I agree.

Simply owning them? I disagree. NFA firearms are extremely expensive, in the tens of thousands to get a transferrable one, and are owned in private collections by largely safe and responsible collectors. The vast majority of those people would let a stranger handle them, much less a kid--they are too expensive, not replaceable (the registry was closed in 1986 so no new ones are allowed), and very difficult to be licensed for one (local LEO sign off and BATF approval with annual inspections) if you lived in a state where they were legal at all. This case, someone taking expensive collector items and turning them into a tourist attraction, is not common among the NFA crowd at all and there really isn't cause to make them more restricted than they ever were.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

No, you Ignored them because they pointed out a very large flaw in your premise--a flaw that you are unable to address, so you ignore it.

Ok clever clogs, what would that flaw be ?
The only flaw i see is that i disagree with about everything you have stated.
edit on 28-8-2014 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

generally i agree, but there is quite a massive difference between a hunting weapon and an assault weapon.

a rifle is for small game, a big rifle is for large game, a machine gun is for killing people who also have guns.

a small child has no business using an assault weapon.

edit on b3838311 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Sounds like a backward society to me
When kids in the U.K. wanted something for dinner, they went to the shops.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Idiotic. Look, they give a 9 year old something to kill with but they take away the rights from grownups.

9 year olds only get BB guns, air guns, paint guns, .22s, potato launchers, simple or recurve bows and arrows, slingshots, nunchucks, mentos and coke, onion snaps, and all the wrestling and martial arts they can kick with.

No automatics, crossbows, compound bows, blow guns, fish spears, ninja stars, machetes, explosives with detonators, grenades, fireworks, bear traps, garrotes, swords, daggers, nail guns, flame throwers, or acid until the state trusts you behind a 2000 pound vehicle at 90 miles an hour, about the speed they drive in an Arizona desert freeway.

You don't get the fully automatic uzi until you're 16 and have graduated through the other weapons. Use some common sense! Gawd that makes me so sick they let someone that little have that weapon.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AtomicOrbital1

i so agree.

you dont say "hey its day one of your gun training heres a machine gun"

just totally irresponsible.

i learnt to shoot long bows before i used a gun and i was nearly 20 when i shot my first gun, sure i thought i was ready before but overall it was the best.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join