It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Researchers Think We May Be Living in a 2D Hologram

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

My thoughts exactly.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
We are all just avatars in some super being's Xbox.

That being said, if anybody is anybody -- I'm Master Chief.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
One issue i have with this is, to my limited understanding, holograms do not have hard surfaces. One thing i will mention to the researchers is do not discount the value in the ability to record FMV with timecode. That is your best archive. Our own perception is very powerful. Perception is similar to a humans ability to generate a personal hologram.

Pain is not an illusion either. If you pinch someones arm and they dont feel it then we could say "hey that is not real" but pain even a little like from a pinch on the arm and we would say..."oh, it's real alright."

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Reposting this video:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Harvin

That's the question, what exactly makes the simulation or hologram "come alive?" What gives us pain and not make us jump up and down like Mario? And if it's consciousness, then how do they detect this from the experiment?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It's not 2D. It's 5D, or 7D, or 9D, or 11D, depending on how you slice it with the technology available. But really, it is 1D, and it is everywhere-D; even the zeroes are one, and the 1 is one, the 2 is one, the 3 is one, the 4 is one...etc.

So thinking that something part of all one were to look at itself. Lasers, looking at themselves. I think the researchers got the short science stick of all the projects. Quantum teleportation already uses this. What they'll eventually tune into is something resembling the Mike Markum experiment with a light disk, throw some objects through it, and watch them vanish only to reappear at a time or distance later according to how much the lasers can slow down the transport and divert the mass through the speed of time on earth.

So then it is not if it is a multi-dimensional concept but why is it in a trailer at Illinois of all places? Considering it is also a time domain experiment, wouldn't you want a location a little more permanent? Einstein's incongruity is E=mc^3 not ^2, only because the popular military doesn't like it when mainstream public knows what's beyond the veils of reality. Okay I'm done with the dumb here, about as dumb as a 2D hologram.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: robbystarbuck

So as a hologram it would require a gridwork of power lines and points to maintain the illusion?

just asking.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedmoonMWC

So as a hologram it would require a gridwork of power lines and points to maintain the illusion?

just asking.

With laser generated holograms, a picture of a 3D scene is stored on a 2D surface by having each individual point store the interference pattern of a reference laser beam and the reflected light from all points on that scene.

We notice that in our 3D universe, every particle (atom, electron, proton) seems to be a fuzzy energy wave function and not a solid point. These energy wave functions can interact with each other to make particles disappear or create phantom particles that seem to have a force field but don't really exist.

It's like that party trick of making two fingers from each hand touch tip to tip close to your eyes. Then a finger "bit" seems to appear out of nowhere.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5
But if its all a hologram, doesn't that mean the tools they are using to measure its existence are also holograms?

A Logical conclusion. You are the awareness that created the hologram, made the tools and am now immersed in its own creation.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
It seems to me that if anything, the universe is a simulation not a hologram. Geometry is a natural part of this universe and how it works. A simulation makes much more sense as well. It solves pretty much all problems that are present today. It's also easy to visualize the Universe as 'infinite' under simulation theory. Just look inside a video game in no clip mode, fly away from the game level.. forever. Just go into 3DS MAX. There are no limits, space is infinite, there are rules (physics) to govern the objects in games so they can't fall through the ground or walk through walls, you can program bacteria with 1s and 0s or off and on states like a computer program, your hand never truly touches a basketball because of 'rules'. I mean.. what more evidence do you need than what we have already that this is a simulation? A simulation that is the product of consciousness, which is the computer of reality. Our computers are only a natural evolution and progression towards what already exists as a whole.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The end game is near.

As soon as the singularity is achieved and we all plug into it..

Then we exit the simulation to our actual reality.
Wonder how bad it is that we all decided to escape from it to here..??

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Fascinating.
Thanks for sharing.

The Fifth Interview

A great read whether for sci-fi, or general conspiracy, or some thought provocation!

States, in a "nut-shell", from the point of view of a defected scientist of a covert research facility, that our reality is a hologram of deception, incepted by ancient beings for the promotion of separation and the furthering of their goals toward the enslavement of the human race and priming for their return as the "gods".

Also fascinating.

LOVE

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
I think people need to come up with wacky idea's so their department receives funding grants. I wonder if this "matrix" theory existed before the movie came about. I'm pretty open minded but this is to weird even for me.

Yep it did. Since at least 1982 when a litttle known but epic event occured at the University of Paris, where a research team led by physicist Alain Aspect performed what may turn out to be one of the most important experiments of the 20th century.

F&S for the thread.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Good article.

I loved Bohm's explanation as to why (maybe, of course) two particles separated by vast distances could communicate instantaneously was that they might be the same particle but viewed from different perspectives.

Published elsewhere, his model was of a fish in an aquarium with two separate cameras pointed at the fish from different sides providing two distinct views... to the observer watching the video feed on separate screens, it looks like two fish doing the same things, but is in fact a single entity.

Replace 'fish' with 'electron' or 'photon', and it becomes clearer how seemingly separate particles could mirror each other over any distance... clearer but much, much weirder.

The first sentence of the article does mention "does it matter" because even IF we exist in a simulation, it is our environment... but questions arise as to why ... the mystics (and sci-fi writers) who believe it is a "prison" provide some nasty tasting food for thought.

edit on 8/30/2014 by Baddogma because: clarity

edit on 8/30/2014 by Baddogma because: goofed on first edit

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

...The first sentence of the article does mention "does it matter" because even IF we exist in a simulation, it is our environment... but questions arise as to why ... the mystics (and sci-fi writers) who believe it is a "prison" provide some nasty tasting food for thought.

Yes, of course it matters. As does thinking, dreaming and that other thing.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Yes we are living in a Matrix-style holographic illusion! And I know who created it - God created it! Get over it.

Buy yourself a nice book on Kabbalah guys. Also you might like to read Here

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5
But if its all a hologram, doesn't that mean the tools they are using to measure its existence are also holograms?

it is made-up crap, that's why you can't read it

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Yes, it DOES matter... maybe (likely) more than we suspect... but that comment was for those firmly entrenched in the (likely) simulation, wondering how it would effect their day-to-day cycle of life.

Personally, I'm a curious sort who can't fathom a lack of curiosity... as I grow older, though, I am astounded at the sheer number of us who just don't care about the universe they inhabit... as long as it doesn't hurt them directly.

I guess that mindset is pragmatic... but I'd argue the importance of such knowledge if I had to.

Finding the parameters of this (probable) simulation will be very interesting... and I wonder what we'll glean about ...well, everything... including it's nature, source and how many embedded realities exist and... if there is a primary "real" place at all.

I'm not sure if I'd prefer an X-box situation where immortal beings entertain themselves in the expanse of eternity, a humane prison situation for the criminally insane, a trickster hacker catching self-conscious intelligence for unfathomable purposes , or any number of bizarre sounding other possibilities.

I can't wait for the PBS special, "Did You Know You Live in a Simulated Reality?"

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: RedmoonMWC

just asking.

With laser generated holograms, a picture of a 3D scene is stored on a 2D surface by having each individual point store the interference pattern of a reference laser beam and the reflected light from all points on that scene.

We notice that in our 3D universe, every particle (atom, electron, proton) seems to be a fuzzy energy wave function and not a solid point. These energy wave functions can interact with each other to make particles disappear or create phantom particles that seem to have a force field but don't really exist.

It's like that party trick of making two fingers from each hand touch tip to tip close to your eyes. Then a finger "bit" seems to appear out of nowhere.

It would fit right into the...

able to capture images of objects from photons that never actually encountered the objects pictured. The technology has been dubbed "ghost imaging,"

Read more: www.mnn.com...

So if a hologram the hologram was possibly granted free will...wouldn't like that of the npc on online games, well actually that would be really fun.

So for the Christians Jesus said we can throw a mountain into the sea with a thought...makes sense too.

Persons who claim to be psychic could have been given less limitations set for them.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Nice post.
....The pragmatic approach bugs me - reducing everything to a help or harm evaluation. Kinda like considering oneself a "consumer," not a person. [How did that happen so suddenly, btw?] ....While I absolutely loved that last scene with the marbles in The Matrix [SO brilliant], I want to believe there's more, and beyond, and certainly could argue for the possibility/concept. ....If only for the fun of it. lol

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join