It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Researchers Think We May Be Living in a 2D Hologram

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
That's why when some fears people seem to have en masse, come true. A collective consciousness? It's as if the negative energy forms the fears in reality.

This makes sense to me...I've been following the Global Consciousness Project for a while now, and the real-time "dot" is often in the red these days, reflective of the present world chaos. I try to peek in daily to add some calming influence to the world, and there are others doing the same. I would love to see the "blue dot" maintained for an extended period. It happens occasionally, but can only improve should more people lend their consciousness, knowing that it is a real and tangible thing. We have more collective power than we know.

Follow The Dot!
Note: This page may load slowly at times...be patient.

How it works

The Global Consciousness Project collects random numbers from around the world. These numbers are available on the GCP website. This website downloads those numbers once a minute and performs sophisticated analysis on these random numbers to see how coherent they are. That is, we compute how random the random numbers coming from the eggs really are. The theory is that the Global Consciousness of all Beings of the Planet affect these random numbers... Maybe they aren't quite as random as we thought.

edit on 27-8-2014 by MoonBlossom because: Added Info

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

So you're of the opinion that this is "3rd density end game" then?

What happens when the jig is up concerning the reality of consciousness?

If this insight was collective, manifested in the macrocosm I guess you could say, would this increase the plasticity of reality? Is this the reason for the Golden Ages of the antediluvian world or is there some outside agent having an effect on humanity in cycles?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: robbystarbuck

Certainly all matter seems to be glued and set in form by waves as all matter has a frequency. We can appreciate how when we excite molecules we can change the frequency of matter so it changes form. Heat boils water and it changes form. Fire reduces most things to the bare bone carbon component. Certain radioactive waves when bombarding our human cells cause extensive damage to DNA sequences.

Matter is very unstable. It is always changing. Matter cannot hold a form for very long in the universe. Life is the most unstable of all matter; it requires a constant outside energy source, feeding on other life to maintain its own singular structural integrity. The universe's animated matter is cannibalistic; form consuming form and in turn being consumed.

This is the relationship and interplay of animated life; a drama set in motion by the universe itself. Remember, we are the universe. We are as much a part of this drama as the trees; just as much a part of nature and a created form within this cosmic drama.

That is the nature of animated life on the physical level. To say that it is anything more without observable evidence can only be regarded as imaginative speculation. I spend a lot of time speculating metaphysically and sometimes write poems as a record of certain ponderings of thought. Here is a poem that muses on the limitations of "measurement" from the human perspective;

Measurement.

Did you test the depths or check the map
Before you entered, before the ice cracked?
Of course you didn't! You crashed through
Into an endless blue
Did you think there would be sign posts?
It's like the cosmos here and all are ghosts
Navigating unfathomable oceans
Of eternity existing all in one moment.

You might check as a reference point other traveller's tales
Creative memoirs, diaries straddled, pages in the wind trails
On these pages, cave art evolved, but how
Can evolution of progress be measured as anything more
Than change? Still the meaning is the same
Truly meaningless this door!

There are no sign posts, no direction to steer
A pit of archetypes that make a fallacy of fear
Messages and wisdoms too insoluble to be appropriated
No patterns reveal what the chasm conceals
There is no message.
There is no pattern
Swim a little longer, dive a little deeper
There was a kind of beginning
But the beginning is unrecognisable
No home to go back to
Only further exploration
Of forever, within the confines of a life time.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
So then....

....a hologram....is perspective based. Would that imply that our reality is perspective based? Would that make our "reality" a personal reality based on individual perspective?

I heard a saying once that seems appropriate here: The further and further we look trying to find God, the more we find that we are gazing upon ourselves.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

to go along with your observation, I think it was author Robert Anton Wilson who said that the best way to expand your own universe is to accept everyone else's.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

Right now we have VM's in the IT world.
Virtual Machines.

Basically we emulate a computer hardware in software.

I'll bet the same applies if we are in a hologram.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This topic is interesting because one time my mother said when I was very young I asked her how we if everything (in our world) was real or something else! I vaguely remember asking her but she said she thought it was a strange question for a little child to ask, she said I also said "how can space go on forever?"
It seems like when we are children before we are influenced by TV, radio, school, etc. we seem to have more of an open mind. Because looking back the question still stands, it comes down to the question, "how do we know.... anything?" when people say they KNOW there is no life on other planets it makes them feel smart and empowered with knowledge but, really... how do we know? How can we test this?
It's like when we dream, we think it is real, only when we wake up and are thrust into 'another reality' we call real do we know it was a dream!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

Yes, it would also imply that there are holograms within this hologram....Hologramception

Seriously though, there are SIMS games that have a computer generated person playing a simulation of a video game within the game of Sims. If we live a in a Matrix computer then SIMS playing a game within a game of our reality which is arguably a game in this context is incredibly meta. Very amusing.
edit on 27-8-2014 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Hmm,

Im all for the holographic principle.

But the question is not are we living in a hologram but why and who or what is projecting the hologram.

We are being decieved , life is a deception.

But the question is again why are we being decieved for what reason ?

I have certainly known we are living in a hologram since 2009 ever since german researchers found this signal from the edge of the universe while searching for gravitational waves.

www.newscientist.com...

So its not new and sci-fi writers have been writing about its possibility since the 1950's.

From my own personal experience while hallucinating I would have to say life is an illusion but again not a new idea.

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream...
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily life is but a dream...

A view taken by most promeninent religious thinkers....

But the question remains why are we being decieved...?

Why on earth would any being decieve so many for so long....

Surely God is not a politician ??

Hmm anyway nice to muse over the ultimate nature of reality but its a bit like standing on shifting sands your view is coloured by limitations to your technical abilities and sensory perception.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeepImpactX
I'd be more interested in it if the government weren't involved.

Bingo...

I wonder if this is the same Gubmint' 'researchers' who gave us the NIST report?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Please..oh please.. my programic overlords, can you program me some more cash please.

Thanks

Vaedur

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Look at Nick Bostroms' and S. James Gates' work. Theyre uncovering more about the simulated reality we live in. Look at [url=

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: robbystarbuck

Interesting.

I was actually thinking about something very similar a couple days ago.

I was wondering about this System we have built for ourselves and are still building it, I was thinking about the 'Prison Planet' with all this CCTV everywhere and was like... well, as we have now put ourselves into Prison with everyone watching someone else, who is watching from outside? Even the Governments who want all this Security are inadvertently putting themselves in Prison.

Maybe the plan was to let us enslave ourselves, then once its complete, whoever it is who is watching us will have us captured without actually having to do anything.

The next thing you know is we have been inside some Dome since the beginning of time. Do you watch 'Under The Dome'?
edit on CDTWed, 27 Aug 2014 15:30:29 -0500u3103x129x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

When that happens, the programmer comes out of hiding. If the state of the world is any indication, he is quite upset and very displeased.
edit on 27-8-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
Then why is there even gravity? Why do we observe atoms and electrons getting excited in spherical patterns?

Who the hell made this research!?

Of course 'nothing stands still' atoms are always active, and when they are given energy they become more and more active. Boiling water doesn't happen because of a glitch in the 'Matrix' it's because of added energy. Same goes for photons.

And light can be 'jittered' in all different directions. If it hits something that has colour the spectrum becomes 'diluted'.
Even one of the earliest experiments conducted in modern science by Micheal Faraday shows that putting light through glass with electromagnetism can alter the way we see light, giving the illusion of seeing something out of sight.

Uh, because it's simulated to use atoms and such just like pixels and code? Gravity...no different then fall damage in a ggame.If it is a hologram/simulation the system could be much more advanced then say a "Sims" game.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The theories that our "scientists" religiously believe are probably wrong.

If you have to fit reality to the model your model SUCKS. Go ahead and test the theory, it will only prove your models wrong and we'll stop hearing of the tests. That inability to admit fault in what you've studied and preached for so long comes from arrogance.

Governments should move on to more important things like funding sustainable technology, medicine research, cures research and space colonies and stop trying to justify their years spent preaching and rehearsing dogma.
edit on 2014 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Save you pages guys, there are posts coming and going in this matrix right here!

edit on 27-8-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Maybe what we call "hologram" is just the nature of what we call "reality" and there is no real difference between the two. Or maybe as spirits we can insert ourselves, or be inserted against our will by an intelligence or natural process, into the holographic reality like a video game.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlubberyConspiracy
The theories that our "scientists" religiously believe are probably wrong.

If you have to fit reality to the model your model SUCKS. Go ahead and test the theory, it will only prove your models wrong and we'll stop hearing of the tests. That inability to admit fault in what you've studied and preached for so long comes from arrogance.

Governments should move on to more important things like funding sustainable technology, medicine research, cures research and space colonies and stop trying to justify their years spent preaching and rehearsing dogma.

Science kept your ancestor's alive. And if they prove this theory it opens a massive amount of other possibilities. Trust me, if it's worth funding... It's worth finding out.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
Maybe what we call "hologram" is just the nature of what we call "reality" and there is no real difference between the two. Or maybe as spirits we can insert ourselves, or be inserted against our will by an intelligence or natural process, into the holographic reality like a video game.

There is nothing natural about being inserted into something against the will, this is where the whole matrix thing falls down. Just one 'bot' who does not respond, and other wise was working normally and your back into the Chaos theory.
edit on 27-8-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join