It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK high school administrator shames female students with dress code, calls them ‘skanks’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Overall, I'm not sure any of this does much good. As long as families remain as broken, filled with overworked, rarely home parents, teens will find ways to do what they want. I'm all for letting teens be teens and explore within reason, but unfortunately there's too many not so bright teens inviting sexual encounters, and having unprotected sex.

this is an accurate assessment.

it does not surprise me that the school handled it badly because this should be something that every family addresses. that does not excuse the woman's actions, but this isn't something that the school should even have to deal with.

when i was a teen i had plenty of intelligence but zero wisdom. parents should provide wisdom and structure to their kids. i'm not talking about being extremely controlling, but kids know nothing and i wish more than anything that i respected and listened to my parents more.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: InTheLight

I do not support the parents behavior in this. Parents should support a dress code and the school enforcing it.

I've gone through the teenage girl hysterics too many times to let them control the situation.

Well don't that beat all, I find myself agreeing with Annee. Perhaps parenting of teenage girls transcends political views.

Oh, I think we probably agree on more then comes across on these boards.

I had 2 daughters. Wild child and church goer. As opposite as you can get. AND all their friends who all called me mom.

Sometimes keeping them safe til they mature enough not to be a danger to themselves is all you can do.

I had a VW van. I went and got them (any of them) wherever they were, no questions asked. Sad part is --- not once did any of their parents call or check on them. This was before cell phones.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I don't think women appreciate just how shallow and degenerate we really are. I am tired of not being recognized as a pig.

Do you wave red in front of bulls? NO! I had a hard enough time concentrating in school, luckily girls in my time wore track suits and other clothes I could swap with them if I wanted to. If girls were in short skirts and bras showing... my amazing C average would have been impossible to achieve.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

I do not support the parents behavior in this. Parents should support a dress code and the school enforcing it.

I've gone through the teenage girl hysterics too many times to let them control the situation.

Proper behaviour works both ways, that means the administrator should have simply sent the girl's home to change if they were not abiding by the school rules (period). There is something more to this odd and humiliating admin's behaviour than we know.

Do you have a teen girl?

They think everything is humiliating.

My daughter is now 21 but she wore a uniform to high school. After school with her chums they would dress as was the going fashion and none of the parents had any problems with it.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

geez...that administrator could set a better example if see didn't look like see came off a three day drunk in the video, has she heard of eye make-up to cover the large brown druggie-esque bags under her eyes?....plus it's Oklahoma, it's hot and humid there until winter. I went to high school in the late 60's and the girls had mini-skirts on then, this isn't new. and if you have a daughter, just tell her to wear a bathing suit bottom when she wears a short skirt.....maybe this administrator was looking A LITTLE TOO CLOSELY, if you know what I mean.

We both went to high school at the same time, and tell me, did the short short mini skirts expose cause you to act out uncontrollably, or were you desensitized after a while?

I didn't act out uncontrollably, it was the fashion back then....but, at the same time, I didn't stop looking, I liked it, along with every other heterosexual guy there that had a pulse. years later at my 40th reunion, after several...uhmm...adult beverages, what I long had suspected was confirmed by a long ago female friend...the girls back then, knew exactly how much they were showing, and to whom it was being shown to. guys back then used hot rods, and the girls used hot bods to...uh...get aquainted.

But, did you consider girls in mini skirts as 'skanks'?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bob Sholtz

it does not surprise me that the school handled it badly because this should be something that every family addresses. that does not excuse the woman's actions, but this isn't something that the school should even have to deal with.

Did the school handle it badly?

You DO NOT let a hysterical teen girl be in charge. You look at them wrong they get hysterical.

The parents are handling it wrong. This should not have become a media circus.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

none of the parents had any problems with it.

this is the problem.

just because the parents didn't care doesn't mean they shouldn't have.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

none of the parents had any problems with it.

this is the problem.

just because the parents didn't care doesn't mean they shouldn't have.

I didn't say the parents didn't care. I said we didn't have any problems with the fashion and how they conducted themselves.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I don't understand the reasoning here.

Parents don't have a problem so what's the problem ??

How about parents that have no decent sense or insight into the paths they're enabling for their children?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Proper behaviour works both ways, that means the administrator should have simply sent the girl's home to change if they were not abiding by the school rules (period). There is something more to this odd and humiliating admin's behaviour than we know.

Do you have a teen girl?

My daughter is now 21 but she wore a uniform to high school. After school with her chums they would dress as was the going fashion and none of the parents had any problems with it.

We're at the beach, not too far from Hollywood.

We still don't let her wear shorts so short her ass hangs out. If she wears a dress, she better have Lycra shorts under it.

She dresses normally for a teen, but she does not dress provocatively sexy. There is a difference.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

i agree that parents/custodians should never let tears and tantrums manipulate their better judgement, and the media is just going to swoop in and leave the girls feeling like their hysterics are justified.

my only issue is the whole "teaching through a negative" aspect. it's appropriate for very little children sometimes because humans are downright brats until our brains start to mature a bit, but once we become capable of larger thoughts i find love to be the better preventive measure.

if a girl looks up to you as her role model and she does something stupid, a combination of disappointment and love will cause her to feel shame for herself coming FROM herself. and that will lead to positive change.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Do you have a teen girl?

We're at the beach, not too far from Hollywood.

We still don't let her wear shorts so short her ass hangs out. If she wears a dress, she better have Lycra shorts under it.

She dresses normally for a teen, but she does not dress provocatively sexy. There is a difference.

How did you dress as a teen? I know I dressed just like everyone else as was the going fashion.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

i agree that parents/custodians should never let tears and tantrums manipulate their better judgement, and the media is just going to swoop in and leave the girls feeling like their hysterics are justified.

my only issue is the whole "teaching through a negative" aspect. it's appropriate for very little children sometimes because humans are downright brats until our brains start to mature a bit, but once we become capable of larger thoughts i find love to be the better preventive measure.

if a girl looks up to you as her role model and she does something stupid, a combination of disappointment and love will cause her to feel shame for herself coming FROM herself. and that will lead to positive change.

All that need be done in the case of teenagers is explain the school dress code to them and send them home to change if they disobey it...simple...they will soon get it.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Do you have a teen girl?

You are exactly right! And unfortunately, you are arguing with someone who likes to look at underage girls dressed slutty- obviously he doesn't have an under aged daughter or he wouldn't be arguing as passionately. My daughter just turned 11 and I find myself criticizing wardrobe choices and cursing promiscuity on tv more and more the older she gets.

If anyone here is ok with their teen daughter being looked at as a sex object instead of a human being, and being the subject of many boys' wankfest fantasies, then you probably aren't fit to bea parent.. Just saying...
edit on 25-8-2014 by lonweld because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-8-2014 by lonweld because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: lonweld

Do you have a teen girl?

You are exactly right! And unfortunately, you are arguing with someone who likes to look at underage girls dressed slutty- obviously he doesn't have an under aged daughter or he wouldn't be arguing as passionately. My daughter just turned 11 and I find myself criticizing wardrobe choices and cursing promiscuity on tv more and more the older she gets.

If anyone here is ok with their teen daughter being looked at as a sex object instead of a human being, then you probably shouldn't be parenting. Just saying...

Girls and women being viewed as sexual objects, no matter what they wear, has been and still is a problem and if you prefer to deny that fact, then your parenting leaves much to be desired in my opinion.
edit on 25-8-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I don't have a problem with the word "skank". I think it's to the point and gets the message across immediately.

I think the girls are acting like teenage girls.

I think the parents who are turning this into a media circus are letting their over reacting teen daughters be in charge -- which they should not be.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Well don't that beat all, I find myself agreeing with Annee. Perhaps parenting of teenage girls transcends political views.

Oh, I think we probably agree on more then comes across on these boards.

Sometimes keeping them safe til they mature enough not to be a danger to themselves is all you can do.

That is so true.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

geez...that administrator could set a better example if see didn't look like see came off a three day drunk in the video, has she heard of eye make-up to cover the large brown druggie-esque bags under her eyes?....plus it's Oklahoma, it's hot and humid there until winter. I went to high school in the late 60's and the girls had mini-skirts on then, this isn't new. and if you have a daughter, just tell her to wear a bathing suit bottom when she wears a short skirt.....maybe this administrator was looking A LITTLE TOO CLOSELY, if you know what I mean.

We both went to high school at the same time, and tell me, did the short short mini skirts expose cause you to act out uncontrollably, or were you desensitized after a while?

I didn't act out uncontrollably, it was the fashion back then....but, at the same time, I didn't stop looking, I liked it, along with every other heterosexual guy there that had a pulse. years later at my 40th reunion, after several...uhmm...adult beverages, what I long had suspected was confirmed by a long ago female friend...the girls back then, knew exactly how much they were showing, and to whom it was being shown to. guys back then used hot rods, and the girls used hot bods to...uh...get aquainted.

of course not, but teens have always been a** h*les, in the way they put each other down. they are emotionally stunted, and socially inexperienced at that age. that hasn't changed, just the nomenclature used.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

perhaps you're right. a close female friend of mine in highschool had her dad wrapped around her finger. a few tears and he would cave. she even told me once about how she was impressed with the act she pulled off with him the previous day. teenagers be crazy.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

of course not, but teens have always been a** h*les, in the way they put each other down. they are emotionally stunted, and socially inexperienced at that age. that hasn't changed, just the nomenclature used.

Yeah, so teens don't need anybody else putting them down, shaming them, or humiliating them, when they have it coming from all directions.
edit on 25-8-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join