It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK high school administrator shames female students with dress code, calls them ‘skanks’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

...teaching boys/men not to rape etc....

Thats a pretty stupid thing to say....

Teaching men not to be serial killers?

Teaching men not be a pedophile?

They rape because they are rapist, no one is taught to rape when growing up.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream

...teaching boys/men not to rape etc....

Thats a pretty stupid thing to say....

Teaching men not to be serial killers?

Teaching men not be a pedophile?

They rape because they are rapist, no one is taught to rape when growing up.

Neither are they taught to control and govern their urges...hence the epidemic rape situation in colleges.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

The probelm is rapist are separate category, saying teaching men not to rape is a stupid statement in itself.

Like teaching someone not to be what they are wired to be.

edit: tho i would love to have this discussiion, it would most likely derail the thread.
edit on 8/25/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

The probelm is rapist are separate category, saying teaching men not to rape is a stupid statement in itself.

It all has to do with conscious and unconscious programming where many factors play a role. The fact is that there is a rape epidemic in colleges and it has nothing to do with how people are dressed.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

edit: tho i would love to have this discussiion, it would most likely derail the thread.

I don't think that it's as glib as "teaching a man not to rape" as much as it is teaching men (well, people in general) morals, right from wrong, and treating each other properly.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: Nyiah
Man, very few girls back in my day dressed like corner whores, let alone tried to at school. Now it's practically acceptable to do so, in an environment where it's not necessary at all.

Bite my backside, femanists. Freedom of attire ends at the door to school.

Jesus, we had to wear dresses, hose, no short sleeves, girls didn't wear slacks back then either,this was public school.

My dress code was a 1990's dress code, so for us it was no shorts, dresses, or skirts shorter than the middle finger at the thigh (which, if memory serves, translated to either a 5 or 7 inch inseam/hem length, non-debatable) No necklines more than either 1 inch or 2 below the collar bone (i think it was 2?) Nothing see-through whatsoever, and ironically, no open-toed sandals. That was basically it, and for the most part, the kids complied.
There were some serious hoochies who's sole goals were to nail the hot male teachers, and yeah, they dressed the trashy part when they could get away with it. A looping of shirts through the boobs for a makeshift midriff shirt, rolling up the skirts/dresses/shorts shorter. Suffice it to say, I don't recall any teachers taking the bait, but I do remember several of those girls routinely complaining about having to have a sit-down with mom, dad, and the principal often.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Everyone here in support of girls dressing slutty in school talks about the pretty girls with nice skin and abs ect. How about the ones who have back zits on top of their hairy moles on top of their fat rolls? I'm sorry but that's not something ANYONE in this society wants to stare at day in and day out. Publicly, most people on this thread will say she should be able to wear what she wants, but privately you think to yourself and/or tell your friends "she shouldn't wear that" or "daaaayuumm! That's disgusting!" Don't try to deny it, you are only fooling yourself if you do.

I'd rather not see either persons cleavage or wearing shorts so small you can see the crabs moving.

edit on 25-8-2014 by lonweld because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Have any of you seen how some HS school girls dress these days? I've seen hookers with more clothes on than some of the girls in school.

It's nice that someone said something to these students and if they feel ashamed...good. They should.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: lonweld
Everyone here in support of girls dressing slutty in school talks about the pretty girls with nice skin and abs ect. How about the ones who have back zits on top of their hairy moles on top of their fat rolls? I'm sorry but that's not something ANYONE in this society wants to state at day in and day out. Publicly, most people on this thread will say she should be able to wear what she wants, but privately you think to yourself and/or tell your friends "she shouldn't wear that" or "daaaayuumm! That's disgusting!" Don't try to deny it, you are only fooling yourself if you do.

It's really none of your business what anyone else is wearing and if you don't like it, just don't look. How about reading a school book instead?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
geez...that administrator could set a better example if see didn't look like she came off a three day drunken bender in the video, has she heard of eye make-up to cover the large brown druggie-esque bags under her eyes?....plus it's Oklahoma, it's hot and humid there until winter. I went to high school in the late 60's and the girls had mini-skirts on then, this isn't new. and if you have a daughter, just tell her to wear a bathing suit bottom when she wears a short skirt.....maybe this administrator was looking A LITTLE TOO CLOSELY, if you know what I mean.
edit on 25-8-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
geez...that administrator could set a better example if see didn't look like see came off a three day drunk in the video, has she heard of eye make-up to cover the large brown druggie-esque bags under her eyes?....plus it's Oklahoma, it's hot and humid there until winter. I went to high school in the late 60's and the girls had mini-skirts on then, this isn't new. and if you have a daughter, just tell her to wear a bathing suit bottom when she wears a short skirt.....maybe this administrator was looking A LITTLE TOO CLOSELY, if you know what I mean.

We both went to high school at the same time, and tell me, did the short short mini skirts expose cause you to act out uncontrollably, or were you desensitized after a while?
edit on 25-8-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: InTheLight

The school administrator handled this situation poorly, and the humiliated girls' parents agree and have since started a petition for her to step down.

Ugh! Parents protecting their little darlings.

Anyone else actually raising kids today, besides me?

Yup. Teenage girl. The principal would have had me crawling down her throat if she called my kid a "skank" and sent her home. I would have had her job and would do my level best to make sure she wouldn't have a position of authority with children again.

Ever.

You don't talk to children that way. Period.

You tell them that their mode of dress is inappropriate and you send them home. You don't call them names and humiliate them. The hypocrisy of making them bend over and then calling them names as an attempt at teaching decency is absurd.
edit on 25-8-2014 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I mean...seriously...

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I'm not going to address the BS that is called "the college rape epidemic". There was an intern at a company that I used to work for. She was a very pretty girl, who used to wear the tightest, most revealing clothes that she could. The only problem was when she started having guys written up for sexual harassment, just for looking at her.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
I'm not going to address the BS that is called "the college rape epidemic". There was an intern at a company that I used to work for. She was a very pretty girl, who used to wear the tightest, most revealing clothes that she could. The only problem was when she started having guys written up for sexual harassment, just for looking at her.

You just did address it and denial and blaming the woman is always the path of least resistance.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Where did I blame women?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Where did I blame women?

Rly?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Where did I blame women?

Some people wil always try to find faults, it so ingrained in their head, the logic goes out the window.

Dont worry about it.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Where did I blame women?

Some people wil always try to find faults, it so ingrained in their head, the logic goes out the window.

Dont worry about it.

We should all worry about it, it is ingrained and the denial is obvious.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: InTheLight

The school administrator handled this situation poorly, and the humiliated girls' parents agree and have since started a petition for her to step down.

Ugh! Parents protecting their little darlings.

Anyone else actually raising kids today, besides me?

Yup. Teenage girl. The principal would have had me crawling down her throat if she called my kid a "skank" and sent her home.

She would have had me applauding her if my kid deserved it.

My granddaughter has been dress coded by her school. I support the school. Her school has the 2" tank top rule. Her bra strap was showing. Her fault. She knew the rule.

Did she really call someone a skank? Or did she say that's not how you want to present yourself?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join