It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ Authorizes 2nd Autopsy Of Michael Brown At Family's Request

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
CNN - Justice Dept. authorizes 2nd autopsy on Michael Brown

The autopsy will be conducted by a federal medical examiner, Justice Department spokesman Brian Fallon said in a statement.
"Due to the extraordinary circumstances involved in this case and at the request of the Brown family, Attorney General Holder has instructed Justice Department officials to arrange for an additional autopsy," the statement said.

This announcement comes after one yesterday in which the family's lawyer stated that famed pathologist Michael Baden would be conducting an autopsy. There's been no information from the family's lawyer so far about whether or not an autopsy will still be done by Dr. Baden.

Autopsy results should put to rest some of the speculation surrounding the shooting though I'm sure in any event, the results will themselves be hotly debated. I haven't seen anything in the news about plans to release details from the autopsy that has already been performed. In my opinion, the timing of the releases of information by officials has been suspicious.
edit on 2014-8-17 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

If they are performing a 2nd autopsy, then I'd wager that there already is some question(s) being raised as to the results.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

If they are performing a 2nd autopsy, then I'd wager that there already is some question(s) being raised as to the results.

I've been wondering about it myself. I know that from the beginning, there have been calls to have an autopsy done by somebody other than the St. Louis County ME. Given the high-profile nature of the shooting, that seems reasonable to me. I actually think this is a good idea in any case where police are involved in a homicide or a person dies in police custody.

The initial autopsy was done the day after the shooting apparently. The body was released to the family on the 12th. As far as I'm aware, the only information that has been released was from the preliminary report and that was that Michael Brown died from gunshot wounds.

No information about the number, location or nature of the wounds.
edit on 2014-8-17 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Exactly my thought.

If they contradict, the question will now be which autopsy was a political hack job.

Let's hope they don't contradict. Otherwise, it's certain more madness will certainly result.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

"Due to the extraordinary circumstances involved in this case and at the request of the Brown family, Attorney General Holder has instructed Justice Department officials to arrange for an additional autopsy," the statement said.

"This independent examination will take place as soon as possible. Even after it is complete, Justice Department officials still plan to take the state-performed autopsy into account in the course of their investigation."

Sounds like somebody is not happy with the results so far.

I wonder what is in "question".

Can't wait to compare the Complete un-edited results of both.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Considering that we haven't heard anything from either side, we could conclude that the findings don't exclude either the scenario as laid out by Darren Wilson or by the witnesses.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Or it's just belt and braces. Shuts the door on the inevitable claims that "it's all a cover up" if the results of the autopsy support the account of the officer.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Holder is grandstanding. Typical.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: beezzer

Exactly my thought.

If they contradict, the question will now be which autopsy was a political hack job.

Let's hope they don't contradict. Otherwise, it's certain more madness will certainly result.

What's up with Palestinian Flag Flies in Ferguson, MO

Why would an African-American in Ferguson (freak'n?), Missouri ...

BUY a 'Palestinian Flag' ???

-
SUPICIOUS-OBSERVATION: Or did someone bring it in?

(i.e. would provide ... "more madness" )

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Having watched this and listened to the video and did a bit of research the following can be stated:

This is not something that anyone is going to want, if the results are conclusive and show that the officer is indeed innocent. These kinds of examinations are often very extensive and can show more than what is usually seen by the eye. Everything is looked at, from the condition of the body, which would be photographed, to the organs, tissue, and fluids. If there is anything in this it prompts further investigation, and something tells me that if they find out and it is proven twice there there was something like say a narcotic in the blood stream it is going to really make things worse as then the defense for the officer will have a defense to prove that it was justified.

I am curious though, and as we all should be, what was in the first autopsy, what the conclusions were and what were the medical findings in the report, and how it compares to the findings in the second report.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
i suspect that the autopsy confirms the police side of the incident (I.E. no gunshots to the back, gunshot residue on the victims hands,etc) so the defense and the DOJ want a chance to try and fudge the results to make the not so innocent victim appear more innocent by doing their own autopsy.
edit on 17-8-2014 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It's going to be another bad day if they announce the second autopsy results in any level of detail or graphic relief for the public.

If anyone has been following this closely, you've heard how Mike Brown was likely shot, where he was likely shot and it takes little imagination in this day of gratuitous violence on TV across every channel to figure the rest.

I love the idea of someone outside the structure of the place that did this, investigating it. That is a great thing! I just sincerely hope...they don't play political points for soundbites in going down a list of overall points of injury.

Not while the fighting in the street is still very much 'ongoing' with no clear end in sight. Some facts won't change a bit to know, but knowing can change a great deal ...all for the worse at this moment in time.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Seriously? Any opportunity to get in some politicking — replete with unrelated observations and links to Brietbart?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

My money is on the first autopsy indicating gunshot wounds at point-blank range which would support the officer's story that Brown was inside the police car attacking and wrestling for the gun. The family would not like that scientific evidence, hence they demand another.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus
I agree with you and if this is a True accounting of the incident as it took place.
The officer was not in the wrong and the official autopsy should have proved that with out a doubt.

An approximate transcription of the background conversation, as related by the “Conservative Treehouse” blog:
@6:28/6:29 of video
#1 How’d he get from there to there?
#2 Because he ran, the police was still in the truck – cause he was like over the truck
[crosstalk]
#2 But him and the police was both in the truck, then he ran – the police got out and ran after him
[crosstalk]
#2 Then the next thing I know he doubled back toward him cus - the police had his gun drawn already on him –
#1. Oh, the police got his gun
#2 The police kept dumpin on him, and I’m thinking the police kept missing – he like – be like – but he kept coming toward him
[crosstalk]
#2 Police fired shots – the next thing I know – the police was missing
#1 The Police?
#2 The Police shot him
#1 Police?
#2 The next thing I know … I’m thinking … the dude started running … (garbled something about “he took it from him”)
This is terribly important because if Mike Brown had been shot, and he advanced towards the cop instead of surrendering, it would substantiate the narrative that the policeman shot in self-defense due to the fact that he was being threatened with severe bodily harm.
This corroborates an account of the event given by a friend of Officer Darren Wilson:
Well, then Michael takes off and gets to be about 35 feet away. And, Darren’s first protocol is to pursue. So, he stands up and yells, “Freeze!” Michael and his friend turn around. And Michael taunts him… And then all the sudden he just started bumrushing him. He just started coming at him full speed. And, so he just started shooting. And, he just kept coming. And, so he really thinks he was on something.”

Link
ETA" from the same link:

A third piece of the puzzle would be the toxicology report. If there happens to be anything found that might explain how Mike Brown might have been shot and kept advancing toward the officer, then the defense becomes even more believable. Unless someone is emotionally invested in an alternative narrative to the extent that one might ignore plain facts.

edit on 17-8-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Perhaps it has to do with the fact that some street protesters have Palestinians in the Middle East to thank for their informed response to tear gas attack on Wednesday night.

You can never imagine how humiliating it was to read from #OccupyOakland, the (insert the link here) was conveying real time advice and council for those engaged in the street, from Palestinians with experience countering what they were facing.

To see my nation....come to this..is beyond depressing. When Palestinians are the help OUR citizens turn to for handling confrontation with authority? Where..oh where...did we ever go SO far off the rails?? We aren't even on the track bed anymore.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Considering that we haven't heard anything from either side, we could conclude that the findings don't exclude either the scenario as laid out by Darren Wilson or by the witnesses.

Considering the fact that the "First" autopsy is only known to "officials" involved and possibly the "Family" and Attorney, I think it's premature to "conclude" anything.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

My money is on the first autopsy indicating gunshot wounds at point-blank range which would support the officer's story that Brown was inside the police car attacking and wrestling for the gun. The family would not like that scientific evidence, hence they demand another.

And to speculate further,

What if the autopsy shows that multiple gunshot wounds entered Brown's chest (not back) at different distances.

Possibly indicating Brown was approaching the police officer as opposed to running away or standing still.

Where is Abby from NCIS when we need her?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
M.Baden, C.Wecht.Any ME without a political agenda will work.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

i suspect that the autopsy confirms the police side of the incident (I.E. no gunshots to the back, gunshot residue on the victims hands,etc) so the defense and the DOJ want a chance to try and fudge the results to make the not so innocent victim appear more innocent by doing their own autopsy.

If that's the case, why wouldn't the FPD have released more details of the first autopsy that was completed nearly two weeks ago? Maybe along the lines of "the autopsy revealed that Michael Brown was not shot in the back."

They sure as hell had no trouble releasing the video from the store and then a few hours later a clarification that that the police stop was unrelated.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join